Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aran Something-or-other has come!  (Read 767 times)

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Aran Something-or-other has come!
« on: May 31, 2016, 11:41:50 am »

...and subsequently disappeared. The "others" list shows no trace of him, i can't find hair nor hide of him on the map and hes not on the deceased list, nor can i find his body. Did he loudly announce himself and then started sneaking about the map or did he bugger off? Can i lower the gates yet?
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Aran Something-or-other has come!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:21:53 pm »

They CAN sneak, or it might have maybe been a werebeast? Those can transform back and scamper off pretty quickly.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 01:39:19 pm »

If it was a were beast they arrive skulking, and if they skulked for long enough before being discovered they can promptly turn back to their base form and flee. Weres remain visible after being detected until they leave the map (which they only do after turning back), however.
Weres are announced with something like "now you know why you should fear the night". And are also described as a blood crazed were XXX.

As far as I know, none of the mega beasts and semi mega beasts skulk, and skulkers are announced on detection anyway. My best guess is that it's a new version of the hello/goodbye sieges. Thus, I think you can lower the gates (but I accept no liability if something or other jumps in from off the edge of the map, as that's happened with hello/goodbye sieges that leave stragglers behind, i.e. a couple of buddies suddenly appear from off the edge when you attack the straggler(s)).

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 05:15:32 pm »

Certainly wasn't a werebeast, it was a giant, nothing of the night about this one. I assumed its the hello/goodbye siege bug. I lowered the gate and no harm has of yet come. Next caravan will prove for certain
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 09:41:41 pm »

If it was a FB, they can wander back into the undiscovered parts of the caverns and won't show up on the units list.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?