Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [47.05]  (Read 59093 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [43.05](Animation and Droids update)
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2017, 03:30:05 pm »

I've finally released Update 10:Animation and Droids:AKA This Isn't Dead.

This update includes the rest of the content for both Clone Wars animated series and Rebels as of Season 3.

Droid bodies have been heavily reworked. Their bodies are now multiple layers of metal rather than a solid mass. Droids should no longer be able to breed.

Separatist battle droids have been changed. B1s, super battle droids, droidekas, magnaguards, and the new tactical droids are now together as one civ.

There is now a preinstalled download available for 64-bit 43.05 along with the 32-bit version.  Since DFHack is now beyond 43.03, the 43.03 version of this mod will no longer be updated past this release.

Also various bugfixes and minor changes.

Spoiler: New animals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New droids (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2017, 01:39:46 pm »

This mod has more sheer content than nearly any other I've seen here in the forums.

Wowee
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2017, 02:07:04 pm »

This mod has more sheer content than nearly any other I've seen here in the forums.

Wowee

[SELECT_CASTE:DUNAMISDEOS]
       [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:THANKS]
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2017, 05:46:03 pm »

I've been hearing great things about this mod for a while, so I finally downloaded it. Will begin playing later tonight.

This is going to be fun.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2017, 06:47:30 pm »

I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to ask any questions you have while playing.
My mods and forum games.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2017, 07:28:56 pm »

I went Storm Trooper, except I wound up starting in a Mando civ. My character was not amused. After not locating the local chief in the keep, I swapped out my copper, iron, and bronze gear for steel, including trading that Westar pistol for a carbine. By the time I found the chief, I'd already gone from Journeyman Protector to outlaw out for blood, so when I stumbled on the chief in a lowly cabin, I put bolts into her until she died.

I have ten kills to my name and I've gone up a few ranks in marksman to Expert level. I thought Armor skill would be relevant, but it turns out that's under Riot stormtrooper for my character, right? I took, like, one or two actual hits and that's the skill that popped up from them.

Probably my biggest problem is that the mandos have those jetpacks, so they don't need their legs to run away.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2017, 07:49:05 pm »

Riot stormtrooper is Hammer skill. You probably got that XP by melee attacking people with your blaster.
My mods and forum games.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2017, 08:09:18 pm »

Interesting. The only melee I've directly done has been grappling. I might have walked into somebody. It's sometimes hard to see people in the midst of battle.

ETA: Yup, definitely from hammering. I did it intentionally and it boosted the skill level a bit. That campaign ended with me running low on bolts and trying to take out a Mando marksman. Predictably, I died. Fun run. Will do another in a bit. Maybe this time I can get settled in the right civ and actually be a warrior for them.

ETAA: Second run went worse. I hooked up with the first order and got ambushed by rogue elements. Killed fast, took no one with me.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:08:48 pm by Urist McVoyager »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2017, 09:12:23 pm »

Too bad. Was the first stormtrooper First Order?
My mods and forum games.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2017, 09:28:49 pm »

Nope, just a regular trooper.

Third trooper is a First Order, but I got bored for now so I just started shooting and beating up the local drunks. This is how adventure mode goes for me if I'm not actively building my own settlement and building up my renown.

Is shield skill any use in this one? Shields are usually how my characters stay alive longer.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2017, 09:36:10 pm »

You can get a shield if your civ has them. The civs that have access to shields are First Order and regular stormtroopers, gungans, and wookiees.
My mods and forum games.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2017, 10:02:09 pm »

I'll remember that for next time. How well do they work in this mod?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2017, 10:10:24 pm »

The same as normal.
My mods and forum games.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2017, 10:16:22 pm »

Yup, definitely going for them next time. Shield plus rifle will be a strange but fun combo.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2017, 12:20:28 am »

Okay, so went for Fortress mode this time. Jawas, of course. It plays a bit differently than dwarves, considering you don't get armor and your melee weapons are basically axes or batons. So I built my ground level defenses as a shooting gallery with a three-deep, three-wide moat in front of it to ward off enemies. I'm working on one side at a time. I currently have a squad of two marksjawas firing at targets in a barrack adjoining the gallery, with a door to keep enemies from seeing them.

So far the training goes well. Even sent the militia captain out to beat the crap out of a droid to see what could be done with the body, but not sure if/how I can use it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13