Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [47.05]  (Read 59229 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [43.05] (Rogue One/Dark Forces update)
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2017, 01:31:38 pm »

That is actually the only thing that throws me off.

I need my terrain tileset. :(

I don't know if I can do anything, but which one do you use?

Pheobus, generally. I could probably install it manually.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [43.05] (Rogue One/Dark Forces update)
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2017, 05:08:49 pm »

Yeah, I don't know anything about tilesets. If you can install it without needing to override creature graphics I guess it would probably work. I didn't change anything related to plants or terrain.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [43.05]
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2017, 03:18:37 pm »

I played around with some of the bigger War Droids. They all seem ridiculously fragile, being easily chipped in the CPU by copper slicing knifes.  A few are also missing body parts they should probably have, such as the Tank Droid's outrigger tracks, and the Hailfire Droids hoop wheels.

Droidekas also tire, but are nonetheless extremely badass even without a shield.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2017, 04:38:48 pm »

Thanks, next time I update I'll tweak those droids.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2017, 12:54:40 am »

I've updated again.

This is the first part of a major update meant for both Clone Wars series and Rebels content. I meant to rework the droid materials as Arthropleura suggested, but I updated early to fix a crashing bug.

Changes:

Added 44 new creatures from Clone Wars.

Stormtroopers now have variant castes.

Kaminoans have been removed and absorbed into the megaraces, without their cloning interaction. It was causing crashes.

Handless, intelligent droids have been given interactions to clean themselves. Hopefully that'll stop the error spam.

28 new weapons, mostly just blasters.

Lots of little tweaks and adjustments.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:09:23 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2017, 04:42:45 pm »

You are quite prolific, sir.

Applause.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2017, 04:44:16 pm »

Thanks.
My mods and forum games.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2017, 01:57:37 pm »

Well I don't fully understand DF !!Science!! but I've started a new game on this AWESOME mod and decided to be a Sith Adventurer. The thing is... which skill should I upgrade to be a great lightsaber user? The selectables are "Marksman", "Axeman", "Hammerman" and "Archer". I know that probly isn't "marksman" or "archer". But I don't think that "hammerman" or "axeman" have a direct relation to lightsabers...
So... what to do now?  :-\

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2017, 02:29:29 pm »

Lightsabers are controlled by the Sword skill, which for Sith is referred to as Warrior. For Jedi, the skill is called Knight.

If it's not on the list of your possible skills, I suspect that you're not really in a Sith civ, you're making a descendant of Sith conquered by some enemy and now living in their culture. I would guess Ewoks, from the Archer skill being in there. Maybe you can try a different starting culture, the Sith might still be alive somewhere else.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:31:43 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2017, 03:38:33 pm »

My ewok sith is the best, even though he has an amphistaff.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2017, 03:49:45 pm »

Furface is still around?
My mods and forum games.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2017, 04:33:45 pm »

Oh GOD!!

So, I've started an adventure as I said. The said civ was "Sith" and while I was choosing my gender I've found "Pure Sith", not ewok as u said but no problem.
Start a conversation with closest "sith" and asked him to bring the recent problems. Wrote the name of place that the "bandits" where seen the last time, call a random hunter to follow me in case of boogey come after me, strap some food and water and (shift+t) to embark in my personal adventure.
To be quick, I reach the said place called "The Convenient Citadel" a keep which the bandits were seen.
The first humanoid was a Wookie Swordsman. The other one was a gungan pikeman. The keeper has nothing to do with the bandits, so I guess that the targets were the other ones.
Get close to the wookie and started to attack him with the "vibroblade", missing every attack. He runs out of the keep and the bard was left behind.
He had a electropole but wasn't a challenge. When he run out of the keep as his partner, I saw no way other than run after him. The combat was fast, picked all his equipment to myself and met with my dumb companion that was late as hell running like a crazy to find me.
Well... while I was walking back to the keep the Wookie, that wasn't on my "radar" suddenly appears behind me, stabbing my left hand (the one with the vibroblade). Lost control of it, of course, but quickly take out of my bag the "Fusion Cutter".
The combat was also fast. Each movement that I performed, the Wookie Swordsman deflect with his Ryyk Blade and stab me again into other place of my body.
After 5 movements I was laying on the ground, bleeding and sick.
Remembered that I had the natural skill to "Use the force" and tried to use against him as the last resource.
Well, was indeed the last resource that did nothing against him. He last stab his blade into my skull ending my days for good.

That's it. Funny as always.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:38:03 pm by LordBalkan »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2017, 05:12:38 pm »

Too bad the character died so soon. The accuracy of Force pushing is controlled by the Thrower skill. It works the same way for Mandalorian's wrist lasers and the Vong's thudbugs.
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2017, 05:27:38 pm »

Can you learn other force abilities, like lightning?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2017, 05:50:10 pm »

No, sorry. I've thought about making other Force powers, but the problem is that if a Dwarf Fortress NPC can use an aggressive interaction, they spam it every chance they get. I'd prefer Force-users to rely mostly on swordfighting.

I had an idea for Sith to be able to choke people in the same context normal people would spit. I haven't done it yet though, and I'd like to work on some non-Star Wars ideas I've had.

Thanks for telling me how your adventure went, Lord Balkan. I always appreciate getting to see how people play the mod.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:57:03 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13