Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [47.05]  (Read 59025 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [43.05](Animation and Droids update)
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2017, 12:25:34 am »

I'll be interested to hear how your fortress works out, since I'm a lot less experienced with Fortress mode. Any problems so far?

Jawas being weaker than dwarves is intentional. Also, they can go without alcohol and don't cave adapt.

I'm not actually sure if you can use the droid corpse for anything. I'm pretty sure you couldn't before, but I just changed them.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:35:01 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2017, 06:46:13 am »

You can't. I realized that when I realized I have a Protocol Droid mason and remembered them being sentient. They count as people, which makes sense, so their corpses aren't butcherable. If I had thought about that before, I would not have killed that one.

ETA: Spring is too crowded. I just got to the caravan section and there's three of them. So far. One from aliens, one from clones, and one from Gungans.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:10:46 am by Urist McVoyager »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2017, 09:21:52 am »

There are some non-sentient droids, maybe you can butcher those. I'll see about spreading out the caravans next time I update.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2017, 07:48:26 pm »

That ought to help. I mean, there's only so much I have to trade at any given time. Though there's a lot of minerals here, and I've got a ton of tetrahedrite for making silver and copper. Even found a nice bituminous coal vein for coke production.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2017, 07:49:50 pm »

What kind of biome is it?
My mods and forum games.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2017, 11:51:26 pm »

I forget. There's plenty of trees, it's warm enough that there was no notable freezing and I've got a lake nearby.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [43.05]
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2017, 06:17:09 pm »

Whoops. I discovered that the evil civs had at some point decided to stop attacking the Jawas. I've given them [ITEM_THIEF] as a hopefully temporary fix for this issue.
My mods and forum games.

Terry Lennox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2017, 10:29:34 am »

I have a question Enemy Post.  I am just installing the mod on DF 0.43.05-r9 and I was wondering what should I remove to remove Dwarven, Elven elements from the game?  Having plump helmets, dwarven rum and such along Star Wars stuff is jarring.

Also a little documentation about which creature does what.  SO MANY DROIDS to choose on embark...I'm being too tempted to spend all the points on bringing gonk droids.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:36:09 am by Terry Lennox »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2017, 11:41:34 am »

What do you mean by -r9?

Anyway, you can't get rid of the vanilla plants and minerals and such. Replacing them all with Star Wars plants would be a major update, and Star Wars is often vague about its plants, or is shot in actual forests. The minerals would be a similar issue, but easier. Along with the actual modding, it might confuse players to not have the food and minerals they're used to. You could get rid of the "dwarven" tokens on various kinds of alcohol by replacing plant_standard with this file.

Sentient droids behave essentially like extra members of your fort. They can't be given specific labors, but they'll help with tasks when they want and can sometimes* be added to the militia. Nonsentient droids are more like metal animals. They should be useful in combat or as guards, but you can't eat them or anything like that.

For embark, anoobas and Kath hounds can serve as replacements for dogs, loth-cats and tookas are similar to cats, and nunas and gizkas are like chickens. Albino kath hounds are the rarest and strongest variety. I will make them more expensive next update. There are likely other creatures that work in similar roles, but those are the first that come to mind.

You could spend all the points on gonk droids, however. !!Gonking is Fun!!

I'd be happy to help with any other questions.

*Edit, sometimes. Not sure why it's not all of them. Seems only ones spawned for wagon pulling on embark can be added.

**I think I figured it out. They need to be full citizens to join the militia. They might ask to become citizens after a long time.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:42:35 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2017, 12:46:38 pm »

Released an update.

Mostly bugfixes. Notably:

1.Jawas can now use lightsabers captured or purchased from Jedi or Sith.

2.Aliens have been renamed "settlers". I hope this makes it a bit more clear what they're supposed to be, a sort of generic Mos Eisley civ.

3.Civs active seasons have been rearranged.
Spoiler: Seasons (click to show/hide)

4.Droid immunities are more standardized. Missing tags should be fixed.

5.Viper wasps have been added as a replacement for bees. The beekeeping industry should work now.

6.The issue with Tuskens almost never generating on small worlds have been fixed.

7.Astromech droids have been split into R2s and R5s. No real difference, but there's that. Nightwatcher worms have been updated to take their appearance in Forces of Destiny into account.

8.Jawas can have strange moods now.

9.Protocol droids are no longer valid choices for Age naming.
My mods and forum games.

Bolverkr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2017, 04:35:45 pm »

Is this mod available for Mac? I'm very interested, but everything I could find was Microsoft.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2017, 05:10:36 pm »

I've never had a Mac, but try taking the raw folder from Jawa Fortress and replace the default raw folder with it. That might work. Please tell me how it goes.
My mods and forum games.

Bolverkr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2017, 11:31:24 pm »

Magnificently. Thank you!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2017, 11:33:50 pm »

You're welcome!
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2017, 06:45:40 pm »

I know I keep saying this but no other mod gets this kind of attention from it's creator. Well done.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13