Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [47.05]  (Read 58362 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [43.05]
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2017, 07:49:39 pm »

I don't think that's true, but thanks!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [44.02] A Sense of Pride and Accomplishment
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2017, 02:10:17 am »

Jawa Fortress is now updated to the new version. A preinstalled version will be provided later, after the wave of bugfixes is done. For now, you can install the main version by simply replacing your vanilla raw folder, or the modular version by dragging the raws into your objects folder.

Stormtroopers, battle droids, Gungans, Naboo, Tuskens, Clone troopers, Vong, Ewoks, Geonosians, and Wookiees now use appropriate animals.

I also made some minor additions in the 44.02 version, nightwatcher worms have the appropriate number of tongues and I added zalaacas. Nothing special about the zalaacas, I just like them. They're tigerlike predators in swamps and tropical forests.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2017, 04:36:12 pm »

Not sure what happened but after dropping the modular version in with vanilla raws I embarked on a new fortress. And as soon as I unpaused the starting wagon and everything in it exploded and killed everything.

Is there as play guide for this mod?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2017, 04:49:37 pm »

Weird, must be duped raws. Sorry for not being clear enough. I'll set up an install to see what's wrong and send you the fixed version.

There's no real guide, but there's advice scattered around the thread. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
My mods and forum games.

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2017, 05:00:46 pm »

Downloaded the full replacement raws and decided to see if that one will work instead of mixing it with vanilla. Mostly I'm curious though what would be good to have on embark.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2017, 05:15:26 pm »

Most of what you want to bring will be the same as in the vanilla game. Ion blasters and stun batons are weapons, fusion cutters are similar to stabbing axes, so they can be tools or weapons. For animals, kath hounds and loth-cats should be good replacements for dogs and cats. Nunas or gizka can be used in the place of chickens. Sentient droids behave a bit like fort members, but you can't give them specific jobs. Only droids who are full members of the fort can be assigned to the militia. Full membership is gained by being present on embark or asking you for it. Usually it takes a few years for them to ask.

I also figured out the problem with the modular raws. I accidentally left in identical versions of the pirate civ and the animals from the Wookiee planet when I made some minor changes to their names. My bad, I'll fix that now.

*Edit, the downloads are updated now.

**Edited again, here's the post-combination raws I promised.

Thanks for the warning about the duped raws.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:28:57 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Zerris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tarl's Place
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2017, 05:41:54 pm »

No problem, it was kind of shocking on how it pretty much had an almost nuclear detonation radius with everything burning when it happened. Figured reporting it would help :)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2017, 05:44:13 pm »

Sounds like an interesting first impression. Please let me know if you encounter any other problems.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:46:34 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2017, 05:11:26 pm »

PTW
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

sethtnt

• Bay Watcher
  • Who knows
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2017, 02:53:45 pm »

Love this mod, and I also enjoy making full use of the droids capability. One thing I've noticed is that droids will follow the same job preferences as migrants, for example, a carpenter will use the carpenters workshop, and you'd have a worker who would do that forever gaining skill in it and never needing a break (Well, other than insanity or if they lose a leg, in which case they'd either be crazy or just sit in the hospital refusing to use a crutch). The only issue with droids (Other than losing legs, which I guess you can just burrow them in whatever area you want them to be in) is that they don't have any sort of natural skill at anything. (I guess maybe if you somehow manage to drive them insane, but it kinda makes sense that you can do that) Mining droids have no ability to actually mine (Assuming you don't import a miner mining droid), and other droids that say they are useful for certain things tend to actually have different jobs that don't actually match up to their description. I guess that this could be intentional, but either way I thought it was worth mentioning. (Great mod, this is the only thing that I don't particularly like; the rest is great)
*Dwarf Magic*
*Elf Magic*
*[insert relevant word here] Magic*

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2017, 03:02:47 pm »

I really should give them appropriate skills sometime, it'll just take some time to go through the whole list and assign appropriate skills. Glad you like the mod, I'll see about their skills next time I update the droids.
My mods and forum games.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2017, 08:15:40 pm »

[snip]

9.Protocol droids are no longer valid choices for Age naming.

The Age of C3PO is upon us, bringing an end to the Era of Jar Jar. 
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [44.02] Happy Life Day!
« Reply #147 on: December 25, 2017, 01:54:04 am »

I've released a small update. I still haven't seen The Last Jedi, so I haven't added any of that yet besides black BB-8s. Some droids now start with skills related to their function where appropriate. Also, several bugfixes. I won't read any comments here until I see the movie.

*Not much needed to be done for 44.03. Tiny update to get the new trees in for the main version.

**Saw it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:27:57 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress:Now With Porgs [44.03]
« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2018, 07:08:00 pm »

I've updated to include The Last Jedi's content.

Sentient castes:Settlers, Pirates, and Rebels now have Lanai, Bufopel, Caskadag, Cloddogran, Dor Namethian, Ongidae, Palandag, Suerton, Wermalx, Heptooinian, Xi'Dec.

New animals and droids:Porg, Fathier, Fingerlip garpon, Spetan channelfish, Twinfin hyacander, Thala-siren, Vulptex, MD-15C medical droid, IT-S00.2 medical droid, SE8 waiter droid, First Order AT-ST, and AT-M6(Gorilla walker).

Rakghouls now work again after being absent for a while due to issues with 43.05. However, in certain uncommon cases the game may crash while viewing their descriptions.

Now that civs can have their own pets, Rogue Vong shapers have been removed for lore reasons. The file is still included so they can be reactivated by restoring brackets to their file's OBJECT tag if desired.

A few new weapons have been added, along with numerous small bugfixes.

I've noticed an issue with crashing on large worlds with long histories. That may mostly be my computer, I'll try to figure out what's causing it.

*Tiny update for 44.04.

**Rakghouls are disabled for now due to a potential crash issue.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:23:04 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress:Now With Porgs [44.04]
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2018, 11:22:46 am »

OH YEAH DID YOU INCLUDE [plot point that facebook told me to dislike] AS WELL?!?!?!
#CAPSLOCK

Hooray more star wars updates though, for realsies.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13