Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [47.05]  (Read 59042 times)

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress:Now With Porgs [44.05]
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2018, 06:48:37 pm »

So I'm dealing with a small crash issue with the mod. I'm using the modular version. First, I added in all the item/material/reactions txt files, but not all the creature or entity files. I did add the building file. I did however, find that I couldn't build guns. So I added the    [PERMITTED_BUILDING:GUN_SHOP] line from the jawa entity file to the dwarf entity file. Also added the  [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKEIONBLASTER] [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKEBLASTERBOLT] [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKESTUNBATON] [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKEFUSIONCUTTER] lines.

However, while this does allow the gun shop to appear in the workshops menu and allows it to be placed, unpausing the game causes it to crash. Am I missing something or is this part of the mod not available yet?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress:Now With Porgs [44.05]
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2018, 06:53:29 pm »

That's odd. I know it works in the full version. I'll try to figure it out as soon as I get a chance. I've also found that the guns and ammo can usually be produced with vanilla workshops. Did you give dwarves the weapons in their standard items bit?

*Ok, I looked into it. I added the raws you mentioned into a vanilla game, and then I was able to build a weapon shop without any crashes. I did discover in the process that the weapon shop's reactions didn't actually yield products. However, the game didn't crash. I'll probably just update soon to eliminate the weapon shop. It's a bit of a design relic, and the metalsmith's force can make the same items if Jawa weapons are available to your civ. As for your problem, could you send me your save so I can see the raws?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:07:54 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars:Jawa Fortress [44.05]
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2018, 09:29:20 am »

Hm. I think I've found where my issue is. Because my metalsmith's forge doesn't have any of the new weapons or armors in it. What file contains the interactions to make forging those things possible?

If I may make a suggestion as well, it may be good to make a raw or version that lets you just add in the weapons/armors to a standard dwarf fortress game on their own, which would make it easier than trying to figure out how to jerry-rig the entire thing together, haha. I was digging through the various entity files, and I couldn't find a race other than jawas that could actually make any of the weapons or items in question. Assuming of course, that those things are contained in the entity files?

Can I ask what raws you added that didn't cause a crash?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2018, 11:34:01 am »

I added the building file, the item files, the material file, and the reaction file. Then I made the changes to entity_default that you mentioned.

It turns out the building and reaction files are actually unnecessary. If all you want is Star Wars items, then just add the item files. A civ can then start producing your chosen items if you add the items to their entity's item section. For the Jawa's weapons, you need these lines:

[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_STUNBATON]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_FUSIONCUTTER]
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_JAWABLASTER]
   [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BLASTERBOLTS]   

Any other civ's gear should also work the same way, such as giving the dwarves lightsabers from the Jedi or Sith entities.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2018, 01:33:55 pm »

hm. Is there a file with all the weapons and ammo in a list then? I'm going to try to readd everything, and then do a quick world gen and see if it shows up this time.

edit: I managed to get the weapons to spawn in and be buildable with some entity editing. Gun shop still crashes the game, but as you said it's not needed.

correct me if I'm wrong, but the way to make creatures force-users, or have the potential, is to add [CREATURE_CLASS:FORCE] to the creature raws, correct?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:49:09 pm by armads »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2018, 02:00:30 pm »

This is all the weapons I found in the various entity files with their appropriate ammunition. These should all be ready to place in whatever entity files you want, though I haven't tried it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These are the weapons Snoke's guards used in TLJ. No civ actually uses them, but these lines should make them work if you want them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's also a generic lightsaber and blaster in the weapon raws, but those are mostly for copying, testing and in-game art purposes rather than actual use.

What are you trying to make, if you don't mind me asking?
My mods and forum games.

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2018, 04:41:52 pm »

Thank you! At the moment, nothing too specific.

Essentially, what I'm trying to do is make the standard races of df function sort of like you intend the races of star wars to function, with the various races having force abilities, or at the very least use the weapons you've provided. The idea being to add a sort of slightly futuristic flair to the game. Maybe add in all the armor as well.

I don't know if the raws as are make it so elves can only use wooden blasters/lightsabers for example. I also don't know if there's a way to make goblins more prone to being dark side than light side or something of that nature.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2018, 04:48:27 pm »

Dwarf Forcetress
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2018, 05:07:04 pm »

That sounds interesting.

The raws that cause elves to only use wooden gear are WOOD_WEAPONS and WOOD_ARMOR. Both go in the Entity file.

There aren't too many Force powers in this mod so that combat looks more like the movies, but I can help you with what I've got if you have questions. I've got Force Push as a projectile, Force Sense based on vampires, Speed by giving Force users naturally high speeds for movement and attack. They also have natural skill in dodging and swords.

I think goblins will seem fairly "dark sided" in their natural state. You can strongly influence a race's collective personalities with MENT_ATT_RANGE tags in their creature file and VALUE tokens in their entity. With that, their creature's EVIL tag, and their evil ethics they should be pretty evil.

Any plans for creatures?
My mods and forum games.

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2018, 06:07:31 pm »

I tend not to add too many races into the game. I do occasionally change things like elves and goblins not having age limits and goblins not needing to eat and the like. But then, I also enjoy experimenting with altering entities and creating civilizations of giant scorpions and the like. In any case, my main goal for the moment is determining if allowing different races to produce these things will create situations where they do, and figure our how often they do so. It doesn't do a civilization any good to possess blasters and lightsabers if they decide to only make crossbows.

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 08, 2018, 01:40:58 am »

Also, found a bit of a bug. I generated a world, and the world had a dying civ that I was a part of. This meant that suddenly, the game made my fortress a barony. This wouldn't be a problem, except it made one of the droids the baron. The problem with this was that, because it is considered a 'pet, when you looked at the nobility screen, the screen says that the baron needs things, but when you try to open the page that you would for any other noble to say what items they need, it brings you to the 'about creature' screen.

So instead of saying 'this entity needs a bedroom!' it gives me the 'this creature has brown plating' screen. Don't think that's how that's supposed to work. Again, I didn't choose the droid to be the baron, the game did that on its own.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 09, 2018, 02:40:15 pm »

Whoops, I forgot to reply to this. I'll check on the droids next time I update. Thanks for the report.
My mods and forum games.

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2018, 03:11:01 pm »

No problem!

Another thing I've found in testing on the object testing area is that occasionally, blaster bolts become stuck in wounds, and the other person can remove them and toss them aside on the ground. Not sure if that's supposed to happen. It may just be a limitation of the framework.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 09, 2018, 03:12:58 pm »

No problem!

Another thing I've found in testing on the object testing area is that occasionally, blaster bolts become stuck in wounds, and the other person can remove them and toss them aside on the ground. Not sure if that's supposed to happen. It may just be a limitation of the framework.
Yeah, just the framework.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2018, 03:21:21 pm »

No problem!

Like Pikachu said, I can't change that. I would like to add that you don't necessarily have to drop them. It's possible to get shot, pull the laser out, and then walk over and stab your opponent with it.

*By the way, what kind of droid is the baron? That might be relevant.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 03:33:37 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13