Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Adventure] Local Questing  (Read 488 times)

Behr11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Adventure] Local Questing
« on: May 30, 2016, 12:23:35 am »

So, I've noticed in adventure mode that when gathering quests from local townspeople, pretty much all quests involve very large journeys. That's fine and dandy, but the problem is that there are no quests local to that area to really get me invested in the world. I feel as though these larger quests should be more difficult to find, or just little lore tidbits.

In Conclusion

-Make WAY more quests that are local to specific towns and settlements.
-Make a much more natural way to get these much more large goals.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Adventure] Local Questing
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 04:39:56 am »

Quests aren't generated for the sake of the adventurer, they depend on exactly what's in the local area. Having said that, yes, when there's a choice of both, it does seem pretty random whether you get something incredibly far away or something local. The game could do with having people more interested in their local terrifying beasts.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 11:29:17 am »

Quests aren't generated for the sake of the adventurer, they depend on exactly what's in the local area. Having said that, yes, when there's a choice of both, it does seem pretty random whether you get something incredibly far away or something local. The game could do with having people more interested in their local terrifying beasts.
In my experience it's not random at all. Ask about local troubles with bandits 10 times in a row, or however many times it allows, and you'll clearly see they go in order of closest to farthest bandits.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 07:05:48 pm »

In my experience it's not random at all. Ask about local troubles with bandits 10 times in a row, or however many times it allows, and you'll clearly see they go in order of closest to farthest bandits.
Hmm. Will investigate more.