Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: petitioners change name when they join  (Read 473 times)

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
petitioners change name when they join
« on: May 31, 2016, 03:33:10 am »

It's making me very nervous that I'm secretly getting a bunch of vampire petitioners. Which would suck because at this point I'm only accepting offers to soldier, so I would lose half my military right there.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: petitioners change name when they join
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 04:36:26 am »

Are you sure you're not just getting confused by the game's constant switch between native language and English?

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 04:49:11 am »

no they actually change name. Always their last name.

Mostali

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 07:57:22 am »

If you view their info, both names are displayed.

Ex:  Lor Keskalonul, "Lor Shootmirrors", Goblin Bard

He petitions as Lor Shootmirrors, but is listed as Lor Keskalonul in the unit screen.

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 09:51:34 am »

Oh, ok. that's weird but ok.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 10:12:24 am »

And the vampires use a third name in their petitions...
But yes, it's annoying that the petition name is the other one from that used in the units list, as it makes it hard to look at the information sorely lacking from the petition screen.
I actually "cheat" by exporting legends data on the turn of each year and then look up the petitioner there to find the info I'm interested in (spouse who's moving around a lot, and thus somewhat likely to join the fortress to allow for procreation and the establishment of a multi racial fortress).

Also, currently, unless it's been fixed silently since 0.42.05, vampire visitors are clearly announced as such in the visitor notification (which is easily lost among all the other messages). The exception would be vampires who are members of performance troupes, if any such vampires exist, as only the troupe is announced, while the members who happen to show up (I've never had all living members actually show up, only some of them) remain unannounced.