- 0 (0%)
Nerubian (3 civs)
- 0 (0%)
Sand Troll (2 civs)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 08, 2016, 02:25:52 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [43.03-05] Adventures in the Plane of Portent - A Modded Adventure Story Thread  (Read 18181 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Anyway, sorry guys, no update for today - got a bit pre-occupied with more modding work. Added several new demon castes but trying to troubleshoot demon hair 2.0 (worldgen crashes again).

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Anyway, sorry guys, no update for today - got a bit pre-occupied with more modding work. Added several new demon castes but trying to troubleshoot demon hair 2.0 (worldgen crashes again).
Nah, don't worry, it should be fine now - I believe I fixed it.

After patching up their wounds and waiting through the night, Korg and Grulutul left Palaceringed and went further north.

Their next stop was the villages of Willfulclout and Singsoothe. Singsoothe was completely ruined - noone remained. However, a group of bandits called the Armored Wanes made it's home in Willfulclout's mead hall. They consisted of two renegade demons, Khartos Gazeportal the Shivan spearman and Isila Strappingmesh the Eredar axeman; their other two members were human servants.

Khartos didn't take too kindly to Korg's presence, reacting with immediate hostility. He was quite unskilled and with the combined efforts of the doomguard and his Mo'arg companion he was no problem.

Interestingly, Isila didn't mind the two's intrusion - in fact, he was quite relieved at Khartos' death, saying that he was getting quite bored of being safely tucked away in the middle of nowhere, and offered to join Korg.
The next village along their way was called Wondercharmed. Apparently a Draenei expedition from the Ordered Day of Cups, called the Thrifty Crypt, decided to try and rebuild the hamlet. This couldn't go unpunished.

The expedition leader, Edreh Roadmint, must have been an exarch previously, for he was surprisingly well armored. He wielded a bismuth bronze raven's beak, even managing to knock over Korg with a charge.

Regardless, the odds were not in his favour, and eventually Grulutul stabbed him in the head before pulling back, tearing it clean off Edreh's shoulders.

Downstairs, a rather fat Draenei was awakened from his sleep by the noise coming from above. He ran as quickly as possible, but came face to face with Korg, who stopped him with a punch. He barely had time to feel his arm being severed as he saw the Ered'ruin drawing his axe and swinging at his neck.
Night had fallen while the three slaughtered several more Draenei and Broken.

A peculiar sight awaited Korg in one of the rooms - a small, female Draenei baby simply crawling on the floor, undisturbed by the screams in the hallways, and playing with some toy boats. Despite them being the sworn enemy of the Legion, the doomguard nonetheless felt hesitation, perhaps for the first time in his long existance. He decided there was no honor in murdering a defenseless baby; perhaps when she grew up one day, she'd be an opponent worthy of challenging and even killing him, fuelled entirely by vengeance for the deaths of her parents. He still sensed more Draenei in the area, but decided to leave them alive, so they could take care of the child.

As the three approached the village of Plainsmonk, slightly north-west of Wondercharmed, they were ambushed by a group of four corrupted humans, including a hellspawn wielding a shredder, a vile one axeman and a felsworn pikeman.

They were immediately hostile - perhaps former soldiers transformed against their will - they were too skilled to have been mere villagers. Their pikeman in particular seemed to easily outmatch Grulutul, stabbing him over and over in various limbs and causing him to drop his halberd and fall to the ground, nauseated from a few stabs to the stomach.

The fight eventually started going back in Korg's favour, as the tainted humans were not as resilient as actual demons.

The first to go was the lasher, who bled to death from his limbs being severed and the many deep cuts on his body.

Isila decapitated the enemy axeman with a swift swipe. The felsword crossbowman noticed the battle wasn't going as well as planned and retreated, flying away while still firing more sawblades downwards.

The last to die was the pikeman, who went into a frenzy at the deaths of his companions - it turned out to be his undoing as he charged straight into Korg's axe.

Grulutul suffocated shortly after the battle was over, slumped over in a pool of his own black, bloody vomit. Isila himself sustained fairly major injury - his left hand was gone. The two decided to go to the mead hall and see if they could find any recruits.

The hamlet had been reclaimed by a group of Titans from the Curious Confederations. These humanoids resembled idealized, living statues of humans, although they seemingly weren't related to them, unlike the Vrykul - they possessed several innate magical abilities as well, making them tough opponents. They were mostly a solitary entity - they rarely traded or went to war with other races, preferring to be left alone. Few dared to fight against them, as they'd find themselves on a receiving end of a fireball, or with a large stone jammed in their chest.

While the two rested outside in the forest near Plainsmonk, they were set upon by two hungry cave brutes. One of them managed to tear off Isila's hoof with a swing of it's massive arm - both then simply started breaking the Eredar's limbs. While they were pre-occupied with their meal, Korg chopped their heads off from the sky. Grulutul had some medical supplies that the doomguard took after his death - it took several hours to fix up Isila's limbs.

Travelling back east towards the main road north, the two demons came across a structure leading downwards. They went down, thinking they might find something useful, or atleast some shiny trinkets to bring mortals over to their side.

It turned out that whatever was in here was guarded by one of the undead Abominations.

It wasn't quite as tough of an opponent as Korg had hoped - although he wasn't surprised, one couldn't expect too much from mere undead constructs. The Ered'ruin hacked it's hanging guts off - that too didn't have as much effect as he'd hoped, regardless, it did make a large amount of the abominations blood gush out.

After the construct's legs had been disabled, Isila drove Grulutul's halberd into it's head, putting it down for good.

The rest of the labyrinth was disappointingly empty - only a copper carving knife remained in a room hidden away in one of it's corners. The two continued their journey north, eventually setting up camp on the outskirts of Faithhale, a town of the Nagas from the Competitive Realms. They'd have to sneak in again to replenish their supplies, as well as find a mortal, willing or unwilling, to take into servitude.

OOC: Bit shorter today, hope you guys dont mind. Still, seems like a bit of a replay from Radan's bit - companions keep dropping like flies or get maimed badly.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Unexpectedly nice of Korg to spare the baby.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Unexpectedly nice of Korg to spare the baby.
I couldn't bring myself to kill a baby. Even though it's a game, it's not something I want to do. I'm not...you know who.

Taking care to avoid being seen, Korg and Isila went north, eventually coming across camp called Pokeboulders, which was the meeting site of some demon worshippers from nearby civilizations. One of them begged the doomguard to join him on his mission - Edogg Birdspy the two-human. Korg knew of his race - it was quite strange that one would stop worshipping the Elder Ones and prefer to join the demons instead. Regardless, he didn't complain - more meatshields could always come in handy.

Travelling across the Swamp of Webs, Korg's group came across a large nest full of black eggs. A giant bird monster must have made it's home here.

Upon taking one of the eggs, a loud roar was heard from behind the fog-covered woods. The cockatrice quickly made it's presence known, charging at Isila and breathing a cloud of dark grey gas.

The beast's weight beared down on the Eredar, snapping his bones. A bite managed to completely sever Isila's right leg, leaving him crawling on the ground. A strong blow from Korg's axe managed to knock the cockatrice out, however.

At that point, it was a simple matter to simply split it's head open.

Korg tanned the cockatrice's skin, and made some clothes out of it. It was time to leave.

Further north, a group of sand troll bandits ambushed the Doomguard's group. Isila bled out from his guts being spilled, whereas Edogg's neck was snapped by a powerful blow to the head. The bandits died from their wounds, but as Korg was left without meatshields, it left him with little options besides to bring their heads to their comrades and force them into servitude.

Having eventually tracked down the encampment, Tonethin, Korg showed the heads of the sand trolls to their leader, and was offered two of their warriors in exchange - Stongun Flashlaw the spearwoman, and Zuzlafas Phrasemesh the wrestler.

A large structure was seen in the distance - Korg decided to see what was inside it, perhaps it contained some loot.

Strange creatures were present in the vault. Despite their appearance, they fell easily, due to being made of ash.

Another type of humanoid was present - this one wielded a halberd, made out of a strange, blistered-looking metal - a horrid stench emanated from it. Once again, it's composition made it an easy opponent.

The last type of creature seen by Korg was a massive, transparent-looking reptile. Out of all the worlds seen by the Doomguard on the Legion's many conquests, this one had by far the strangest creatures.

The gargantuan beast quickly showed it's massive strength, when a single hit from it's horns half-decapitated Zuzlafas, his head only attached by some bits of flesh - one of the Warring Messengers accompanied the giant behemoth, and with a single slash he completely severed the sand troll's head.

Korg and Stongun retreated, knowing this was a battle they couldn't presently win. Atleast the doomguard got a halberd out of the ordeal.

Passing through another naga hamlet, Korg was stopped by another demon-worshipper, a hammerwoman by the name of Alala Twistsickness. Quite convenient after having just lost another servant.

After several days of travel, Korg and his minions eventually arrived at the territory of the Crowded Gate. They would have to find a decent spot in order to build an outpost. Perhaps some of the bandit camps had resources they could use, or atleast more servants - even if they didn't, taking out potential rivals was a goal in itself.

A badly wounded draenei was found in one of the camps - he appeared to have been intruding on this camp's site, and paid the price for it.

Korg walked up to him and hacked away, spilling the Broken's guts. Eventually he simply bled to death from the injuries.
Some corrupted humans were present at the encampment, including a badly injured hellspawn and a regular crossbowman.

The hellspawn managed to strike at Korg's wing with a pickaxe, dealing quite a lot of damage to it - he didn't manage to do more, as the doomguard swifly beheaded him. The crossbowman was disembowled by Korg from behind, having been seemingly oblivious to his comrade dying - another slash resulted in his head coming off.

As the three were leaving, they noticed a male draenei's partially skeletal, mangled corpse impaled on a spear. This individual seemed to have been quite powerful in life, given the pile of equipment laying around the spear. Korg was quite disappointed he was slain by the corrupted human wretches - he would have surely proved to be a worthy opponent.

Several mindless, undead monsters were attracted to the scent of decaying bodies - although they attacked Korg and his minions, they were swiftly disposed of. These wights were a strange type of undead. They had an ape-like posture, supporting themselves with their hands, but despite this, some of them still seemed to possess the intelligence from their former life - apparently, certain types of wraith's would mutate individuals they find worthy into these forms - some eccentric necromancers would also experiment on living people they kidnaped, eventually turning them into wights, which would explain the rusted bolt implants nearly all of them had.

After a few more days of travel, Korg decided to set up the camp site near a river - plenty of trees were nearby, so it was quite a convenient spot.

As the doomguard was chopping up the trees for lumber, Stongun absentmindedly stood under one of them, and was gruesomely crushed by a falling log.

At the sight of this, Korg stared in disbelief. He would have to find someone to replace the sand troll, as he required more hands to work on the camp. For now, it was time to rest up.

OOC: So yeah, that happened. I've never seen someone get crushed by a falling log in adventure mode. Wee bit inconvenient, but I'll try to recruit some more slaves from the nearby camps. Or maybe we'll go to that tower down south on the map so I won't have to worry about sleeping, eating, drinking or not having companions - we'll see.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

What a crushing development!
My mods and forum games.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile

What a crushing development!

Aye, I agree. Heh.
Read all of it weeks ago but had a massive burnout with DF and all things with it.

Poor spearwoman Stongun, she wasn't probably even looking as the death of Zuzlafas probably affected her somehow and came to her mind when it shouldn't have. Definitely no way to go for someone who's title is a spearwoman.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

kewlslice

• Bay Watcher
  • It was inevitable.
    • View Profile

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website

WE may have better luck with adventurer succession things if we only do them in the adventure mode subforum I just realized.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]