Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which new (or returning) features do you want to see in Orc Fortress?

Combat magic (frost storms, rite of pain, etc.)
- 69 (27.5%)
Ritual magic (weather, timeflow, etc.)
- 53 (21.1%)
More high end industries locked by looted blueprints or trade (post ideas in thread?)
- 52 (20.7%)
GUI option to activate more nonplayable slaver civs (ashlanders, deep legion, etc.)
- 50 (19.9%)
Other (post ideas in thread?)
- 2 (0.8%)
Needs nothing, just fixes and tweaks are fine!
- 25 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode for Masterwork 2016 (New poll 6/30/16)  (Read 33751 times)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode for Masterwork 2016
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2016, 04:32:40 pm »

Hmm ... sort of.  Ologhai having +50% to their favorite weapon classes did not happen by accident of course, but Spears specifically being on the list is a legacy of the weapon list in Old Masterwork and arguably should be removed or changed now (e.g. polehammer is now a pike).
Yeah, unfortunately orcs cant embark with pike skill in 43.03 :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 04:56:30 pm »

Hmm ... sort of.  Ologhai having +50% to their favorite weapon classes did not happen by accident of course, but Spears specifically being on the list is a legacy of the weapon list in Old Masterwork and arguably should be removed or changed now (e.g. polehammer is now a pike).
Yeah, unfortunately orcs cant embark with pike skill in 43.03 :(
That happens if the civ does not have a weapon of that skill enabled in their entity file.

If you add WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PIKE to the entity, they will show the pike-skill at embark again.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 11:17:17 am »

After a few games I am pretty sure the Value of ashglass and ebonglass should be increased by ~2x.  Maybe, going by the relative difficulty to produce, it should be ashland at VALUE ~35 and ebonglass around 45.

(for reference steel is 30, and the current value of both weaponglass is 24)

Aurochs are also probably too cheap.

Anyone else notice other trade valuations that seem off?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:21:41 am by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

New poll is up to see about whether or not players think there are major updates they'd like to see to Orc Fortress.  Thanks!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Saw the pipeweed feature in the 1.07 update - might be an idea to add cigars to the orcs. Seems like something they might have.  ;)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

All right, thanks for voting :)

Magic is probably a reasonable thing to tackle next.  I've had a look at the changes in DFHack since the Old Version -- there are syntax changes, so it's not a copy and paste port, but hopefully won't be too much trouble to reimplement a version of our old system.

Combat magic (frost storms, rite of pain, etc.)- 16 (30.2%)
Ritual magic (weather, timeflow, etc.)- 11 (20.8%)
More high end industries locked by looted blueprints or trade (post ideas in thread?)- 11 (20.8%)
GUI option to activate more nonplayable slaver civs (ashlanders, deep legion, etc.)- 8 (15.1%)
Other (post ideas in thread?)- 0 (0%)
Needs nothing, just fixes and tweaks are fine!- 7 (13.2%)

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember how friggin volitile the old orc combat magic was. You had to hope your stormwalkers never saw an enemy, otherwise they would kind of indiscriminately spray ice everywhere and freeze friend and foe alike to death.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I remember how friggin volitile the old orc combat magic was. You had to hope your stormwalkers never saw an enemy, otherwise they would kind of indiscriminately spray ice everywhere and freeze friend and foe alike to death.

Yep!  Well, arguably less than the dwarven fire mages. 

I never saw a ton of friendly deaths personally, but others report it, so i don't know whether i deployed them differently, my other orcs had more of their skin covered, or what.  The most AoE dangerous spells came not from native abilities but from optional equipment, so it was hard for me to judge whether folks were using those when they had friendly fire issues.

Possibly there will be some spell or ritual to give other orcs temporary protection against frost this time, but i tend towards thinking that would have to come balanced against some nerfs.  Anyway, there's three other classes that won't have AoE damage spells.   8)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile

Maybe you could add totem helmets which are made out of megabeast/semi-megabeast skulls which impart special abilities to your orcs. Eg. Roc totem helmet gives agility boost or dodge boost or something.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile

Maybe you could add totem helmets which are made out of megabeast/semi-megabeast skulls which impart special abilities to your orcs. Eg. Roc totem helmet gives agility boost or dodge boost or something.

That's a cool idea, I think Meph was talking about doing that for Kobolds, since they are very bone-centric. I love the thought of being able to wear the trophies of your battles.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Good idea, but I don't know whether you can specify to use the skull of a specific kind of creature in a reaction.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No, you cant. There is no subtype and creature-IDs cant be used in reactions. You could make special bone-templates for specific creatures skulls, give them different reaction classes and then call for those in the reaction, but that would be ... not quite elegant.

In past mod versions I give megabeasts and semimegabeasts itemcorpses to get around that.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Yes, too bad, but that is what i thought.  Well, neither of those solutions sound too appealing to me, there are plenty of other reagents already available for special hats if needed :)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

For some reason in the newest release the shaggy mumaks pulling wagons are intelligent, sticking around as visitors after the traders leave, dumping whatever they were carrying as invisible stacks on the maps edge. They then proceed to wander around my fort and knock down any wooden doors, armour stands/weapon racks/statues I build. Also there are a lot of Uruks (5 in a fort of 21 for example) and far fewer Corsairs/Artisans/Dreamwalkers/Ologs than I expected.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

For some reason in the newest release the shaggy mumaks pulling wagons are intelligent, sticking around as visitors after the traders leave, dumping whatever they were carrying as invisible stacks on the maps edge. They then proceed to wander around my fort and knock down any wooden doors, armour stands/weapon racks/statues I build. Also there are a lot of Uruks (5 in a fort of 21 for example) and far fewer Corsairs/Artisans/Dreamwalkers/Ologs than I expected.
Boltguns fixpet script. :/

He had a problem with Frog Demons not doing labors (or doing labors?) at the succubi mode, so he wrote a script that meddles with the historical entries. From the script:
Code: [Select]
@todo Check for intelligence, it currently create nemesis for all pets.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13