Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which new (or returning) features do you want to see in Orc Fortress?

Combat magic (frost storms, rite of pain, etc.)
- 69 (27.5%)
Ritual magic (weather, timeflow, etc.)
- 53 (21.1%)
More high end industries locked by looted blueprints or trade (post ideas in thread?)
- 52 (20.7%)
GUI option to activate more nonplayable slaver civs (ashlanders, deep legion, etc.)
- 50 (19.9%)
Other (post ideas in thread?)
- 2 (0.8%)
Needs nothing, just fixes and tweaks are fine!
- 25 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode for Masterwork 2016 (New poll 6/30/16)  (Read 34140 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

new transformation script does retain inventory and I think wounds as well. No free-healing anymore.
...what sorcery is this?  I could find some interesting uses for this.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile

Do the orks have any true allies? besides other orks
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Do the orks have any true allies? besides other orks
Goblins and Succubi.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I thought succubi were evil rather than slaver by default now?  So just goblin allies.  In any case that's the setting I've been playing recently. :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No... they are together with orcs and goblins in the slaver-group.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arkantos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Here's that save for the orc fortress bug
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5m3UyGSsOYUM1RaYlkzX0NVNDg

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just a thought, but as the orks are suppose to be from cold climates, maybe you could add a piece of clothing (cloak or robe) made out of several high end ingredients that offers cold immunity to counteract the frost spell spam?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

just a thought, but as the orks are suppose to be from cold climates, maybe you could add a piece of clothing (cloak or robe) made out of several high end ingredients that offers cold immunity to counteract the frost spell spam?
There are no frost spells atm. Smake is redoing all the magic interactions and castes.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

Really enjoying orc mode, it's been fun.  Although I wish I could encourage siegers to be a bit more active.

The factory is crazy useful - being able to pump out clay bricks at that rate makes it great for above-ground constructions (cinderblocks and rebar also work well) and obviously being able to batch-produce raider kits is nice.

Overall, one of the more enjoyable races in Masterwork, looking forward to seeing how they advance from here.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Yes, I agree, if it's possible to implement we'll do this.

@Thuellai -- thanks! it's helpful to know what features people are enjoying (or not), since I don't play as much as I used to, all feedback is great.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

One thing I did notice was, I released an elven slave and he just stuck around as a 'friendly' unit but couldn't actually be put to work.  A shame - having some captured slaves to handle my hauling needs would have been nice.

Overall, things seem cool, although I haven't even gotten into things like the various society weapon kits or magic at all.  Mostly just enjoying basic lamellar and bloodsteel gear for early military needs, and the whole raiding economy (although it does get fiercely wood-hungry, and potentially metal hungry as well)
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

One thing I did notice was, I released an elven slave and he just stuck around as a 'friendly' unit but couldn't actually be put to work.  A shame - having some captured slaves to handle my hauling needs would have been nice.

Aha.  Maybe Meph can help, since he has more experience with createunit (and implemented this, in fact -- i don't really know in any detail how it works)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Mostly just enjoying basic lamellar and bloodsteel gear for early military needs, and the whole raiding economy (although it does get fiercely wood-hungry, and potentially metal hungry as well)

You can displace some of the requirement for wood with cloth & ropes by building xebecs or brigs instead of longboats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Aha.  Maybe Meph can help, since he has more experience with createunit (and implemented this, in fact -- i don't really know in any detail how it works)
Boltguns smartpet script was kinda buggy last version, I hope that is fixed. I did test the create-unit, it did spawn them as civ members when I installed it. I'll do a testrun with the new version.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Works fine.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13