Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which new (or returning) features do you want to see in Orc Fortress?

Combat magic (frost storms, rite of pain, etc.)
- 69 (27.5%)
Ritual magic (weather, timeflow, etc.)
- 53 (21.1%)
More high end industries locked by looted blueprints or trade (post ideas in thread?)
- 52 (20.7%)
GUI option to activate more nonplayable slaver civs (ashlanders, deep legion, etc.)
- 50 (19.9%)
Other (post ideas in thread?)
- 2 (0.8%)
Needs nothing, just fixes and tweaks are fine!
- 25 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode for Masterwork 2016 (New poll 6/30/16)  (Read 34110 times)

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just a thought, but as a late game reaction, would it be possible to declare Waagh on all the other civilizations?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

any weapon using AXE skill made of metal would work. Tomahakws should work. Btw, there is a "hatchet" in the mod, which is a small, cheap, woodcutters axe.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

I'd love to see some example profiles for Orcs added to the embark profiles.

Offhand, I can think of:
-Tribal wargear focus, with all the materials to start lamellar and bloodsteel production (lots of breeding animals, some wood for ash, a few fire safe boulders for the bloodforge, maybe the gear for a dismemberment theatre to produce bone meal and train shamans)
-Orc pit - Materials for the molten pit, some copper for cheap weapons, picks and axes, generally a kit designed for clearcutting/strip-mining a zone and converting it all to charcoal and cheap iron/steel.
-Corsair warband - Components or raw materials for the Freelancer's Guild and Raider's Drydock, plenty of wood for ships, maybe some supplies to start a cloth industry (for ropes and sailcloth, of course).  Some cheap trade fodder for the freelancer's guild would also be good, or a pack of scimitars and such for your band of scurvy pirates.  And plenty of grog, of course!
-Blood Bowl Team - Generally a sillier option, should come with plenty of squigs for leather (they're practically balls already!), a stack of squigskins, and wood for setting up pitches.  Give all the orcs basic dodging/tackling/throwing skills, representing their status as the promising rookie line-up for the next generation of bloodbowlers.  In a perfect world, this has a variant for an eleven-orc embark.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

-Blood Bowl Team - Generally a sillier option, should come with plenty of squigs for leather (they're practically balls already!), a stack of squigskins, and wood for setting up pitches.  Give all the orcs basic dodging/tackling/throwing skills, representing their status as the promising rookie line-up for the next generation of bloodbowlers.  In a perfect world, this has a variant for an eleven-orc embark.
Don't forget the cheerleaders!
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what?  Screw it.  This is my next fort - the world's finest year-round Blood Bowl training camp.  The entire military is wrestlers in rugged leather, and every barracks must include at least four pitches, which must be in use by the squad whenever possible.  All industry is devoted towards supporting the team - our chefs specialize in high-protein athletic meals to help strengthen the team, our farmers produce high quality brews, our weavers produce high quality brand-name Pigskin footwear for export, as many as possible embossed with the logo of the fortress. The megaproject of the day is an enormous stadium with seating for at least a hundred visitors. The stadium is also our tavern (with enough tavernkeepers to ensure no visitor has to wait long for a refreshing Pigskin brew while he watches the games) and the grounds are used for sixteen scrims a year between the local all-star team and invading teams!  (by which I mean caged invaders, siege schedules permitting.  If that fails, captured wildlife will have to serve)

I haven't decided what the playoffs look like...  megabeasts?
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

~LegacyCWAL

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Sounds amazing.  Let us know how it goes.

Claw weapons allowed for your blitzers?

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

bonus points if you spread out cage traps and every 10 caged "somethings" (animals/invaders/etc) you start a blood bowl game.
using alerts and routes/waypoints/stations to gather the whole fort in the seats and a group of 10 as players on the field. or use 2 10 military groups and use waypoints, patrols and alerts to simulate a bloodbowl match.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the goal.  The idea is four games a season, for a 16 game year.  That requires I actually have 40 opponents (that, ideally, won't murder each other) per season, though!  Which means either prodigious wildlife gathering or mass-caging of sieges, which can only last so long.

Perhaps I can set up a hostile breeding pit for especially fun opponents, like trolls.

~LegacyCWAL

friendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode for Masterwork 2016 (New poll 6/30/16)
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2016, 11:17:37 am »

Was in the civ file, making adjustments to learn rates...didn't see the Harder Learning tag for orcs for this update. Maybe I just keep missing it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2016, 11:30:22 am »

Was in the civ file, making adjustments to learn rates...didn't see the Harder Learning tag for orcs for this update. Maybe I just keep missing it?
Its in the creature files, but nonetheless you are correct, orcs do not have it. I added it for the next update, or simply copy YES_HARDERLEARNING[SKILL_LEARN_RATES:50] into the creature_civ_orc.txt
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2016, 09:37:28 pm »

Thanks.  Does that mess with castes with learn rates at all?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2016, 08:24:01 am »

No. The last entry in the creatures files is taken, so it says:

1. Set everything to 50%.
2. Oh, here is a value that comes later, override the 50% with whatever the castes have.

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2016, 10:25:17 am »

Hello fellow urists!

I', currently streaming Dwarf Fortress masterwork, and we're playing as the orcs! :D

Been playing DF for a few years now, and masterwork for about 2 or so.

Drop by if you're up for chatting a bit and hang out!

"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2016, 11:32:20 am »

Um no idea what's happened here but corpse stockpiles won't take any corpses at all (Don't show any corpse types as available in the stockpile window either) and I can't butcher anything.  Any ideas?
Nom nom nom

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2016, 09:26:30 pm »

Um no idea what's happened here but corpse stockpiles won't take any corpses at all (Don't show any corpse types as available in the stockpile window either) and I can't butcher anything.  Any ideas?

Nope, corpse stockpiling and butchering work fine for me.  Running version 43.03.  You accidentally turn off orcs gathering corpses?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13