Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which new (or returning) features do you want to see in Orc Fortress?

Combat magic (frost storms, rite of pain, etc.)
- 69 (27.5%)
Ritual magic (weather, timeflow, etc.)
- 53 (21.1%)
More high end industries locked by looted blueprints or trade (post ideas in thread?)
- 52 (20.7%)
GUI option to activate more nonplayable slaver civs (ashlanders, deep legion, etc.)
- 50 (19.9%)
Other (post ideas in thread?)
- 2 (0.8%)
Needs nothing, just fixes and tweaks are fine!
- 25 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode for Masterwork 2016 (New poll 6/30/16)  (Read 34103 times)

CyberSpyder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Orcs☼ - Everything Orc Mode for Masterwork 2016 (New poll 6/30/16)
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2016, 01:06:22 am »

Trying to get into this again after a long delay, and I'm having an odd bit of trouble with being unable to extract blood.  I've got a barrel full of various giant kea meats, but the boneforge is saying I don't have a FRESH_BLOOD_MAT item.  I shouldn't need to have the "standardized meat" option activated, should I?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:35:24 am by CyberSpyder »

Atramedes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2016, 10:27:48 am »

Trying to get into this again after a long delay, and I'm having an odd bit of trouble with being unable to extract blood.  I've got a barrel full of various giant kea meats, but the boneforge is saying I don't have a FRESH_BLOOD_MAT item.  I shouldn't need to have the "standardized meat" option activated, should I?

I can't get it to work either when standardized meat is turned off. I think the same issue may apply to some skins without standardized leather?

CyberSpyder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2016, 02:05:52 pm »

God, well that's annoying.  And it's my understanding that I can't turn on standardized meat in the middle of a game, either.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 02:21:11 pm by CyberSpyder »

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2016, 11:59:08 pm »

Did they ever fix the invasion spawning? Last I herd, raiding did not spawn invasions. Something to do with DFhack, if I recall...

Rojber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2016, 06:31:37 am »

Did they ever fix the invasion spawning? Last I herd, raiding did not spawn invasions. Something to do with DFhack, if I recall...
Nope... pretty much with free large gems raiding is getting stuff for free

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2016, 09:40:46 am »

Nope... pretty much with free large gems raiding is getting stuff for free

Well that is annoying. Guess I will keep waiting to upgrade then. 'Importing' invaders (lots of them) is the only reliable source for Ebonsteel ingredients.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2016, 11:58:19 am »

Are orks very fun to play in adventure mode?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2016, 05:17:12 pm »

Well ork civilisations are like humans with market towns and tombs. Except also slavers so there's thieves andor species brought up as orks. Only visited orc sites myself, not played. If you're and uruk you're big? Some of the fancier tools of the orks such as katanas and warrior society kits require a full ork fort and not something you can easily make in advfort. Last i visited an ork civ was to learn some warrior secrets from the ork war lord/(clan father?), only to find out said leader met his end far to the north confronting some villain, taking his secrets with him. In his place, the throne appeared empty but the 'thief' waiting nearby was clearly the new leader. A trio of goblins tried to mug me while i was there. I wonder what group they came from but obviously concepts of diplomatic immunity are alien to the orcs. So with all things adventure mode, it is what you make of it.

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2016, 12:33:29 pm »

Have you thought about moving the Boneforge "Make bonemold/bloodsteel bars" reaction to e.g. the furnace operator skill? Would save a lot of faffing about with workshop profiles to get you the industrial quantities of bloodsteel you need without wasting your legendary bonecarvers making something with no item quality.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2016, 12:57:36 pm »

error located, in reaction_orcfort.txt, lines 4374-4375:

[PRODUCT:50:5:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:PLANT_MAT:BERRIES_STRAW:FRUIT]
        [PRODUCT:25:5:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:PLANT_MAT:BERRIES_STRAW:FRUIT]

it makes them show up with no name in the stocks, until you brew them then suddenly you have strawberry wine and strawberry seeds.

I changed it to:

[PRODUCT:50:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:BERRIES_STRAW:FRUIT]
        [PRODUCT:25:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:BERRIES_STRAW:FRUIT]

And it now show up as strawberry plants.... brewing still gives you strawberry wine and strawberry seeds.  at least with this you know what it is... I couldn't figure out how to make it say just strawberries.

And I still find no way to mint bonemold coins... I can mint gold, platinum, silver, copper, etc,  I can even mint bloodsteel...  so my only conclusion is that there is something about the definition of bonemold in inorganics_z_orcfort that keeps this from happening.... I'd like to mint them since I'm sitting on close to 3000 bars from raiding succubus lols....
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:20:47 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2016, 03:04:09 pm »

And I still find no way to mint bonemold coins... I can mint gold, platinum, silver, copper, etc,  I can even mint bloodsteel...  so my only conclusion is that there is something about the definition of bonemold in inorganics_z_orcfort that keeps this from happening.... I'd like to mint them since I'm sitting on close to 3000 bars from raiding succubus lols....

As far as I can tell, bonemold can only be forged into armour (which was pretty much its only use in TES3:Morrowind, which I presume is the inspiration) - it doesn't even show up in any of the other categories at the forge. You can, however, trade for bonemold coins at iirc the Freelancers' Guild. Does admittedly seem like an oversight, 'cause otherwise where the fuck are the freelancers getting their coins from.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2016, 07:58:12 pm »

exactly... and I don't know enough about metal and forge reactions, to figure out how you add it in... I just made a small change to the bonemold descriptor, added in a string of [ITEM_XXXX] I found in bonesteel, since bonesteel can be made into coins. see if that does it.

I want my coins to have my king name and date on them... lol... not that its necessary, after i set up my workorders for raiding, I can walk away from it all... Use captured dwarfs and captured elves for stone and wood, send the stone to a captured goblin to turn into copper, zinc, tin etc, turn the copper into weapons, use the rest to make coins. use a captured human to convert those coins into bonemold coins...  once I get the reactions all set in workorders my orcs can build a huge stash of treasure.  melt the metals down from the treasure to build my armors and weapons.... Its rather simple... I usually don't even bother with farming early on with orcs, just setting up my seige workshop, raiders, merchant shops, and a carpenter.  dig a hole in the ground build there.  I take stacks of large cut warpstone gems they cost like 10 in the embark, that gives me my initial push for money needed.  a couple of gold nuggets and a couple of silver nuggets for the bars.  sand bags which I dump the sand out of when I get there (sand bags cost 1 in the embark, the bag costs 10, why buy bags).  the one thing I forgot my last orc run was some vermin killers... had to wait for my second trade from home civ to get a couple of cats to keep the damn rats out of my food.

Really the only thing that orcs need more then anything is a coin gun.... put a couple of stacks of coins in your pack and shoot siege armies and wild animals with them... my last run 3 years I had over 2 mill in bonemold coins and 1000 bars off bonemold, bloodsteel, etc.... It bugged, I got a gorgon war chief or something like that, said it could paralyze anyone that looked at him.... well when I went to look at his Z:status page.... I crashed.  restarted, he reappeared and wiped my armies literally untouched.  My archers couldn't shoot him from the tower fast enough, he climbed to a fortification, over a moat, through a fortification killed the archers.... by this time I had a full lockdown on the rest and he just wandered around my entrance area locked in... I dfhack exterminate him and I crashed.... so I gave up.  that happened in the last 24 hours.... so new fort!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2016, 06:57:36 am »

For some reason I've not been attacked by anything besides gorgons on this fort. First one was scary (i may have cheated slightly to survive), but then I discovered  they aren't trap avoid so now I'm building a whole collection of trapped gorgons.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2016, 08:29:29 pm »

the same map you was running before?  I noticed that too,  I abandoned yours and played around with it some, done built 4 forts one beside a tower and that one actually got a necro invasion in year 2, otherwise I get a lot of gorgons on that map, every base had at least 1 by year 5... not sure why, didn't check any population info.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2016, 05:42:57 pm »

Are leatherwing bats broken? When I sheer them, I can't seem to tan the results into leather.

Edit: Those are part of the Orc Mod right? I guess they could have been another species that my Civ tamed.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13