Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Workshop Creator 1.4 - Non-square tilesheets work now!  (Read 4088 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Workshop Creator 1.1 - Bugfixes coming soon!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 10:56:14 am »

Hmmm I thought the limit was 4 stages (0-3) But if DF supports 0-4 (or is it actually six stages, 0-5?) I'll have to redo some stuff. The old building editor (which was the work of someone else) also only supported 4 stages.

I did notice that the 32x32 limit seems to actually be the hardcoded limit in DF, not just something the author of the old editor decided on, so I assumed he knew what he was doing about when it came to build stages too.

1.2 Is going up now!

This version adds the ability to draw just colors, just tiles, or the default of both. Also you can now use separate GUI and drawing tilesets if you like.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Workshop Creator 1.2 - Moar Features!
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 02:39:49 pm »

The only issue I found is that a workshop is allowed to have a maximum of five build stages, not just three.

I made a test workshop that was 32x32 and had five stages today. Guess what? it didn't work right.

The limit is 31x31 and 4 stages. If you add more stages then it uses the last stage and the first three. If you go bigger than 31x31 it cuts off extra width, and uses the first 30 rows and the last row.

So we both were wrong about the limits, just not the same limits :) Next time I push a version it will be properly limited to 31x31, but I won't bother to push a version for something so minor.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Workshop Creator 1.3 - Major bugfix!
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 12:02:46 pm »

While testing my new mod I noticed that all "bright" colors where showing as light gray, a bit more testing showed that encoding bright colors as a single number does not work in workshops (even though it works fine in material color tags), This means that A) it is not actually possible to have bright background colors in workshops, despite what the wiki says on the colors page and B) Due to the way I was encoding colors bright foreground colors didn't work either.

1.3 fixes both problems. To fix existing workshops simple load and resave them. You may need to redraw tiles that used bright backgrounds so they look the way you want them to (as bright backgrounds are "flattened" to the dark shade of that color). Also I finally got around to redrawing the default tilesheet so it is fully ASCII.

Enjoy!

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 01:12:42 am »

I just tried running it with default tileset (curses 800x600) and it crashes. Am i doing something wrong?

Crashlog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 11:23:36 am »

I have no idea... I looked at the offending code, but didn't see any obvious problems. I'll try to reproduce the error when I get home.

You did use the .png tilesheet right? .bmp won't work (but it still shouldn't give that error).

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 12:15:20 am »

I have no idea... I looked at the offending code, but didn't see any obvious problems. I'll try to reproduce the error when I get home.

You did use the .png tilesheet right? .bmp won't work (but it still shouldn't give that error).
Yup png. Also tried deleting The magenta background

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 11:42:50 am »

OK, fixed the problem. 1.4 will be up shortly.

What was wrong? Well, I had the calculations for tile width and tile height reversed, but the actual crash was because I forgot to check that the tilesheet structure was created properly (which wasn't happening because the tile dimensions were invalid). Oops.

1.4 fixes the tile size calculations, and logs errors a little better, that's it.

BTW: If you want to use the default tilesheets you will have to remove the magenta background, otherwise things look really weird. I could write some code to support color-key transparency, but it would be effort wasted seeing as PNG supports proper alpha transparency.
Pages: 1 [2]