Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Mission: Complex Magic  (Read 12624 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Complex Magic
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 11:14:19 am »

i'm good here as well

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 11:59:04 am »

Ready
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 02:25:39 pm »

Alright, seems everyone is ready.

You all port into a room which...well considering the size of half of your giant metallic asses, it gonna be fairly small for you. It's a roughly 20 foot cube rusty walls; like being in an old shipping container. There's no exit here save for one hole in the ceiling that is just large enough for a battlesuit but nowhere near large enough for an avatar. There's no ambient light, but you've all got crap tons of lights and programs to deal with that, so thats no problem. The bigger problem is the fact the that floor is making a very unpleasant creaking sound; the sound of over stressed metal starting to bend.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 02:32:16 pm »

"It seems the accommodations don't take well to my girth. Well gents, off we go.

Renen, could you set up this remote portal controller somewhere close to this room? It's so that we can get out quickly if needed. Try to hide it as well as you can, just make sure that if the portal is activated it doesn't point to a wall or something."

Create a portal in front of me and step through it for a moment so that it takes the weight off of the floor (make sure the exit in the pocket dimension is in a regular room close to the floor). If any other fatasses want to stand in there as well for a second, let them.

Use 1 scout eye to scout beyond the hole in the ceiling, unless other people are going through it already this turn.

Give that cloaked remote portal device to Renen (or whoever eds up taking it). Scan around with cameyes, and assume Miya will be cycling through cameye modes continuously, as usual.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:39:47 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »

: Just don't leave anything you want in this room, cause they'll port it out every hour. :

: Anybody need a lift? Tell me when you're ready. :

I assume we have no idea what we're looking for or where it might be, right?

Check my radio and the camEyes radiation mode, just in case. If we're lucky, whatever we're looking for might be giving off a lot of radiation.

Check my magic eater too. Does it show any stronger reaction towards a specific side of the room (including top and bottom)? Or are we too bunched up to get a good reading?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 07:34:18 pm »

((Crap, never got to armory; my own slack fault.  Hopefully my armor was fixed at some point.))

"May the light of Steve watch over us all in this dark and desolate place.  Amen."

Overwatch.  Say a quiet prayer; can the gods be felt here?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2016, 08:31:04 pm »

Activate flight, activate standard paranoia. Give Renen a lift in case it's necessary, though it's likely he'll just walk on the walls to avoid falling.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 06:01:58 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 09:06:36 pm »

Ok.

Get the remote. Hide it within my shade cloak. Get away of the place all the giant and big robots are standing. Look around and try to find a good place to create the portal. Watch out for any possible problem.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2016, 09:09:06 pm »

((You don't actually have to activate the portal, just hide the device. This is for our way out basically.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2016, 11:13:44 am »

"Yo, Comrade, give me a hand here."

Have Comrade Dimitri give me hand so we can both float off of the ground. Look around to see if there's anything worth noting about the walls.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2016, 07:55:09 pm »

"It seems the accommodations don't take well to my girth. Well gents, off we go.

Renen, could you set up this remote portal controller somewhere close to this room? It's so that we can get out quickly if needed. Try to hide it as well as you can, just make sure that if the portal is activated it doesn't point to a wall or something."

Create a portal in front of me and step through it for a moment so that it takes the weight off of the floor (make sure the exit in the pocket dimension is in a regular room close to the floor). If any other fatasses want to stand in there as well for a second, let them.

Use 1 scout eye to scout beyond the hole in the ceiling, unless other people are going through it already this turn.

Give that cloaked remote portal device to Renen (or whoever eds up taking it). Scan around with cameyes, and assume Miya will be cycling through cameye modes continuously, as usual.

Alright, you create a portal to the fat dimension and hang around there before sending a scout eye straight up through the hole. You get a momentary look at the room, which appears to be another roughly cuboid rust rotten room with what looks like a pile of junk on one side, before the signal cuts and the drone falls back into the room in several pieces.

: Just don't leave anything you want in this room, cause they'll port it out every hour. :

: Anybody need a lift? Tell me when you're ready. :

I assume we have no idea what we're looking for or where it might be, right?

Check my radio and the camEyes radiation mode, just in case. If we're lucky, whatever we're looking for might be giving off a lot of radiation.

Check my magic eater too. Does it show any stronger reaction towards a specific side of the room (including top and bottom)? Or are we too bunched up to get a good reading?

You know you're looking for something glowing and probably that it will have lots of angry critters around it. Following the angry critters is probably a safe bet.

Hmm well there seems to be some radiation coming from up above, but there are scattered hot spots all over the place.

It shows no particular reaction, but then again it generally only reacts to rather overt things. At least in a visible way.

((Crap, never got to armory; my own slack fault.  Hopefully my armor was fixed at some point.))

"May the light of Steve watch over us all in this dark and desolate place.  Amen."

Overwatch.  Say a quiet prayer; can the gods be felt here?

We'll assume it was.

You wait in the fat dimension, praying. It feels...like there is another presence here. Something is leering down at you from a great distance.

Activate flight, activate standard paranoia. Give Renen a lift in case it's necessary, though it's likely he'll just walk on the walls to avoid falling.
You hover in place and nervously look around.

Ok.

Get the remote. Hide it within my shade cloak. Get away of the place all the giant and big robots are standing. Look around and try to find a good place to create the portal. Watch out for any possible problem.
I'm gonna have you place the thing wedged into a corner in the ceiling.

"Yo, Comrade, give me a hand here."

Have Comrade Dimitri give me hand so we can both float off of the ground. Look around to see if there's anything worth noting about the walls.

Comrade picks you up by the waist and you two float around the room looking at the walls. They're badly rusted and corroded but you can't tell by what. It looks strange, it doesn't look like the corrosion you're used to seeing. Something is off about it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 08:36:09 pm »

Hmmm. This place is forsaken and touched by evil.

"Brothers, there is a foul presence here. I can... feel it."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 11:07:51 am »

Hmmm. This place is forsaken and touched by evil.
"Brothers, there is a foul presence here. I can... feel it."

"And as if that wasn't enough, something in there just cut my drone into pieces, so be careful. I'll do some quick testing to try and find out more so we can disable it safely. We could always cut away part of the ceiling to make another entrance, but that might still allow whatever is in there to cut us up when we move in."

Create a big, long pole of solid light and put it through the hole. Does it get cut up? Can I determine where the cutting/damage is coming from by observing how the top end of the pole gets cut? How fast is it getting cut?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:50:37 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 12:44:10 pm »

Have comrade and Sarge wary of xenoshit coming out of that hole. Observe Miyamoto's solid light thing as it goes in from a distance.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 12:59:52 pm »

Use my awesome charisma to dress up as a beautiful female robot and entice the robot to come down.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6