Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Mission: Complex Magic  (Read 12609 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Complex Magic
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2016, 01:12:30 pm »

((Cha roll: 1. You are now robosexual, and now uncomfortably attracted to most of your teammates and enemies. Good luck!  :P ))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 04:39:25 pm »

Keep praying.  Can I sense a direction for the presence, or is it omnipresent?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 07:08:00 pm »

Hmmm. This place is forsaken and touched by evil.
"Brothers, there is a foul presence here. I can... feel it."

"And as if that wasn't enough, something in there just cut my drone into pieces, so be careful. I'll do some quick testing to try and find out more so we can disable it safely. We could always cut away part of the ceiling to make another entrance, but that might still allow whatever is in there to cut us up when we move in."

Create a big, long pole of solid light and put it through the hole. Does it get cut up? Can I determine where the cutting/damage is coming from by observing how the top end of the pole gets cut? How fast is it getting cut?

From a position directly under the hole, it seems like the cutting force is coming from the left. And judging by the flicker of light and metal sheen, it's something metallic. And something frighteningly fast.

Have comrade and Sarge wary of xenoshit coming out of that hole. Observe Miyamoto's solid light thing as it goes in from a distance.
You sit and watch the events unfold with your Ids.

Use my awesome charisma to dress up as a beautiful female robot and entice the robot to come down.
[no]

Keep praying.  Can I sense a direction for the presence, or is it omnipresent?
Only vaguely, You feel like up is the right way, but it's hard to say beyond that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 07:20:13 pm »

"...Up.  It is somewhere above us."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2016, 11:36:58 am »

"It seems Dimitri is anxious to have a go at whatever is up there, Pancaek. We could just send your Id's up and let them handle it, I'm sure Mc Steely there can handle the cutting. Might also give you the chance to commandeer whatever's up there, assuming it's a robot. Or we just throw some explosives or whatever in there and be done with it. Hell, I think I can create solid light things that are in motion, so I could create a big rolling boulder and crush whatever's being an ass in there. "

Did it actually cut through the solid light easily, in one clean cut? Also, that plan I detailed above, could that be done, create a big boulder (or a thick wall or cylinder) of solid light that's already in motion and try to crush/pin whatever's cutting in there?

You mentioned solid light shit can be conjured already in motion here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg7016937#msg7016937

Either way, create a solid light platform up to the hole in the ceiling for Sergeant Steel. Also create a solid light shield and some javelins for him, why not. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:30:05 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2016, 12:12:51 pm »

"Actually, I bet if you create a solid light platform so we can send Sarge up there, he could totally beat the shit out of whatever is there. You game?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2016, 10:42:02 pm »

Milno just watched, satisfied with letting the post-post-transhumans deal with the kind of mysterious problem that could get him cut to ribbons before he discovered what was up.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 01:06:47 am »

Use my awesome charisma to dress up as a beautiful female robot and entice the robot to come down.
[no]
Aaawwww. What if I used the attractive bauble to make myself super attractive? Would that be possible?

Anyway, let's let the others deal with this. Switch to Violet mode and start charging my attack. Let's see how big of a boom I can make if I charge for several turns.

: If it's stupid enough to cut anything you throw up there, then you could just throw something dangerous, like a goop canister or electrified hardlight. :

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2016, 03:25:52 am »

"Actually, I bet if you create a solid light platform so we can send Sarge up there, he could totally beat the shit out of whatever is there. You game?"

"Ok then, but on the condition that you don't overextend yourself and bug out if things don't go well, last thing we need is someone with a damaged psyche... Or a more damaged psyche, at least, running around with access to heavy technomagicks."

[no]
Aaawwww. What if I used the attractive bauble to make myself super attractive? Would that be possible?

Anyway, let's let the others deal with this. Switch to Violet mode and start charging my attack. Let's see how big of a boom I can make if I charge for several turns.

: If it's stupid enough to cut anything you throw up there, then you could just throw something dangerous, like a goop canister or electrified hardlight. :
"Yeah, if Pan's Ids can't do it we can just throw something in there to fuck up the room in general and be done with it. I have electro and goop nades and namite cannisters, and whatever hardlight stuff I can imagine."
((action edited.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2016, 06:52:02 am »

: Yeah, but it could cut the electro grenade before it can explode. You'll either have to time it just right or hope the blue rad shards somehow fly towards it and their arcs end up electrocuting it. Or maybe create an ever-expanding mesh out of hard light and electrify it with the grenade at the right time. :

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2016, 07:09:25 am »

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be sure to be careful, mom."

Pan turns towards Sergeant Steel.

"Allright Sarge, this is your time to shine. I need you to get on the solid light platform. I realize you don't like to be far away from me, but I'll be right down here. We'll make the platform go up through that hole. Once you're up there, something is going to attack. I want you to just beat the living shit out of it. I don't really care how you do it, just wreck it so that we can move on. If you get into trouble, just smash the platform and fall back down here. Come on buddy, show me what you've got."

Make sure Comrade sticks in the back, that he's not using any power that could go to Sergeant Steel. Then send Sarge up the solid light platform to beat the everloving shit out of whatever is up there.

If he can't handle it, he's to jump back down, smashing through the platform if need be.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 03:00:29 pm »

"It seems Dimitri is anxious to have a go at whatever is up there, Pancaek. We could just send your Id's up and let them handle it, I'm sure Mc Steely there can handle the cutting. Might also give you the chance to commandeer whatever's up there, assuming it's a robot. Or we just throw some explosives or whatever in there and be done with it. Hell, I think I can create solid light things that are in motion, so I could create a big rolling boulder and crush whatever's being an ass in there. "

Did it actually cut through the solid light easily, in one clean cut? Also, that plan I detailed above, could that be done, create a big boulder (or a thick wall or cylinder) of solid light that's already in motion and try to crush/pin whatever's cutting in there?

You mentioned solid light shit can be conjured already in motion here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg7016937#msg7016937

Either way, create a solid light platform up to the hole in the ceiling for Sergeant Steel. Also create a solid light shield and some javelins for him, why not. 

Yes, it cut very easily.  The plane to create something big and in motion is a viable one.

Done.

[no]

Well, the attractive bauble would attract attention, but only of something that can see it.

Done.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be sure to be careful, mom."

Pan turns towards Sergeant Steel.

"Allright Sarge, this is your time to shine. I need you to get on the solid light platform. I realize you don't like to be far away from me, but I'll be right down here. We'll make the platform go up through that hole. Once you're up there, something is going to attack. I want you to just beat the living shit out of it. I don't really care how you do it, just wreck it so that we can move on. If you get into trouble, just smash the platform and fall back down here. Come on buddy, show me what you've got."

Make sure Comrade sticks in the back, that he's not using any power that could go to Sergeant Steel. Then send Sarge up the solid light platform to beat the everloving shit out of whatever is up there.

If he can't handle it, he's to jump back down, smashing through the platform if need be.

Sgt. Steel climbs up towards the opening. He sticks his head in and it immediately gets slashed at. The blow fails to cut, it just conks him really hard and nearly sends him tumbling off the platform. He catches the edge of the hole with one hand and then grabs at his attacker with the other. You get a good look at a long bladed mantis like arm as he holds it for a sec. He keeps his grip on the limb but it retracts and yanks him out of view.  For a few seconds all you hear is a loud, rapid series of metallic dings and clanks, like someone banging a metal pipe against another metal pipe. The ceiling distorts as blows smash into it or blades gash through it. Eventually the sounds die down and everything is still. SGT. Steel comes down a minute later. He's missing one arm and is badly hacked with deep grooves and gashes as well as countless hundreds of smaller  cuts and scratches. He hops down onto the solid light platform and tosses you some sort of greasy, blackened and badly damaged chunk of metal. Then it flexes with one arm.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 03:10:26 pm »

"Well, that went, uh, about as expected I guess. Are you feeling ok Pan? No sudden homicidal urges stemming from a rapidly fracturing psyche?

Either way, great work Sergeant. Lemme see that thing for a bit, will ya?

Lars or Flint, you guys are sorta decent at fixing stuff, right? Could either, or both, of you take a look at my scout eye that got hacked up and see if it can be glued back together? I get a feeling we'll be needing them, if this first room is anything to go by."

Examine the metal thing Sgt. Steel threw down. Don't touch it, use solid light poking stick. Use cameyes and such. Anything I can learn?

After that, send another scout drone up just in case, and unless more enemies or traps or whatever show themselves, go up into the next room. Examine room and the other remains of mantisbot.

Oh, and also keep an eye on Pan and the Sarge. Any signs of strange behavior due to the Id taking damage?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:01:16 am by Radio Controlled »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2016, 03:13:34 pm »

"Nah, I'm feeling good. Sarge seems in good spirits, despite everything. I, uh, wonder how he heals. Too bad he can't tell, because of not being able to speak. Hey, Comrade, how do you guys heal anyway?"

Do I feel any different? Is Sgt. Steel doing allright?

Also ask Comrade how he and Sarge heal.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2016, 05:43:52 pm »

: You've got infinite poking sticks and throwing balls and cameyes with magnification, right? : Flint asked rhetorically as he used one hand to rummage through his bag of various things, the other still holding his Cannon's trigger and making sure it was pointing away from everyone.

He found what he was looking for -a polished spoon he had once taken from Pancaek's corpse- and threw it at Miyamoto's face. Not really necessary, but it reminded him of the legend of the horrible Ginosaji.

: Use that. If you want to make your stick really long, duct tape the drone closer to the end. :

With that, Flint got back to charging his attack.

Imma charging my plasmor.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:45:29 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6