Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180847 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: This is why football players wear helmets. 7/7
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2016, 12:17:28 am »

Damian's eyes twinkle as he sees that one of his companions is wounded.

"Yay, now I get to practice my medicinal skills. You're my favorite spook. We'll be out of your hair as soon as we can remove that guy from the table. Don't worry, unconcious guy, it's just a flesh wound. I'll get you all patched up. Probably."

See if I can help get the unconcious guy off the table after the Spook takes his knife back. Then see if I can patch up his hand on the way to the plane.

((A pain management roll would probably be nice in most cases, but it also seems like rolling a 1 on a wound resistance check would still lead to major pain, even with a success on the pain resist roll. Unless you wanted to also factor in the numbness that comes with shock and use that as justification for ignoring pain on good rolls. Seems like it could get complicated though, or just downright ridiculous when someone rolls a 1 on resilience for the wound and a 5 on mental resilience, then just ignores the pain of a mangled limb while it bleeds out. Also, I feel that there would be a surplus of "Its just a flesh wound" jokes in that situation.))
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:25:13 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2016, 12:46:15 am »

Also I feel like I should clarify how the resilience roll for determining how bad something is actually works. it's mostly just your luck with how bad the wound is, for example if you get stabbed in the chest and you roll a 5 for endurance you won't' be right as rain you just won't be massively hemorrhaging because the knife clipped an artery to your heart.  You will still have a knife in you chest and will probably die if you don't fix that soon, you just won't be in a ton of danger immediately. Now if something like the .50 cal anti tank cannon gets a hit on you end is just going to determine which body part is going to disintegrate. a 5 would be one of your leg's turning into lasagna and a 1 would be your head turning into a red mist.  Does that make sense/seem reasonable?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2016, 12:55:18 am »

((That sounds good, and it seems like a second resilience roll to deal with the pain would work in that case to hopefully give the character a turn or two to get somewhere relatively safer and get aid instead of becoming dead weight in the middle of a fight.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2016, 01:01:43 am »

Alright, then the two roll system it is.

I retconned renegades' roll, but the result was still the same.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 01:10:05 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2016, 01:43:36 am »

((Yay, that means I didn't lose my "willing volunteer" to practice medicine on. Er, I mean, aww, ren's character is unconcious. Darn. Well, at least now I get to see if Damian is a competent medic, or a "competent medic" like the ones from early Einsteinian Roulette.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2016, 09:26:26 am »

((I don't think that you should roll Resilience to determine the severity of a wound. How tough you are has no impact on how squishy your flesh is.
Instead, the wound should depend on the attacker's roll, your dex roll to mitigate damage, or random chance, depending on the situation.
This is, of course, from the guy who tried to use X-Com style time units in an RTD, so pay no attention to the madman. :P))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2016, 09:31:02 am »

Continue to be unconcious grumble of how screwed we are..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 04:34:45 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2016, 04:25:39 pm »

Slip out in the confusion and run very far away from these madpeople, never to return.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2016, 04:27:06 pm »

just sit there quietly and take in the madness. It's quite comfy in its own way.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2016, 07:54:09 pm »

Damian's eyes twinkle as he sees that one of his companions is wounded.

"Yay, now I get to practice my medicinal skills. You're my favorite spook. We'll be out of your hair as soon as we can remove that guy from the table. Don't worry, unconcious guy, it's just a flesh wound. I'll get you all patched up. Probably."

See if I can help get the unconcious guy off the table after the Spook takes his knife back. Then see if I can patch up his hand on the way to the plane.

((A pain management roll would probably be nice in most cases, but it also seems like rolling a 1 on a wound resistance check would still lead to major pain, even with a success on the pain resist roll. Unless you wanted to also factor in the numbness that comes with shock and use that as justification for ignoring pain on good rolls. Seems like it could get complicated though, or just downright ridiculous when someone rolls a 1 on resilience for the wound and a 5 on mental resilience, then just ignores the pain of a mangled limb while it bleeds out. Also, I feel that there would be a surplus of "Its just a flesh wound" jokes in that situation.))
The spook pulls the knife out of Thadeuses hand and the wound begins bleeding now that the knife is no longer applying pressure to the artiers.  [medicine 2] you pay absolutely no mind to your patient and begin to consider how whether or not the table is going to be easy to repair.  [interior decorating 5] Hmm, in your opinion between the daemonic ritual scratched into the surface and the deep knife mark not to mention the blood stains the owner would be best served just tossing it in the trash.

((Looks like you are going to be an "competent medic" in the style of Faith.))
Continue to be unconcious grumble of how screwed we are..
[resilience 6] you wake up suddenly and bang your head on the table again [resilience 5] luckily aside from a bruise you're completely fine.

Continue trying to carry Varion
[perception 1] Groo completely fail's to notice that Varion is sitting up and rubbing his head and continue's his efforts to pick him up. [dex 1] His attempts to grab the medic fail when Groo trips over a chair and hit his head on the table on the way down[resilience 6] Luckily, there isn't enough brain matter in Groo's head to actually give him a concussion.

Slip out in the confusion and run very far away from these madpeople, never to return.
Ohe stares at the chaos and emitting a high pitched shriek runs out the door, the gun wielding spook shakes his head sadly and motions towards the silent spook who nods his head and quickly runs after Ohe. A minute later there is a loud scream and then the silent spook walks back in cleaning his daemon knife.

Ohe is MIA after going AWOL and is presumed dead. Egan if you wan't to make a new character you are of course free to do so.

just sit there quietly and take in the madness. It's quite comfy in its own way.
Nikolia shows significantly more sense than Ohe and simply watches the chaos unfold and notes down various details that he can later make fun of his teammates for, he thinks about what kind of insult would be fitting for a man with a knife wound to his hand. [int 3] He supposes simply saying Knife to meet ya while shaking his hand might work.

YOU ARE ALL GETTING THROWN ONTO THE PLANE NEXT TURN
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 12:17:55 am by MidnightJaguar »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2016, 08:05:20 pm »

Try to fix up whom ever is still alive.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2016, 09:14:45 pm »

((Bring me the adolescents in long pants!))

"Damn, that table is ruined. Oh! Your hand is still bleeding. My bad. Priorities."

Actually try to fix Thadeus' knife wound now that the more mportant damage to the table has been considered, unless the other guy manages to fix it. Preferably fix it once we get on the plane.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2016, 11:55:56 pm »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2016, 12:06:42 am »

It'll make a nice companion for Groo. Welcome aboard. So that everyone meets you lets say that you snuck onto the plane thinking that it was full of candy while everyone was talking/being horribly murdered by the spooks. We shall have Groo be the first person to meet you.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 128