Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 177094 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0:Mission 3: The Ghost of Missions Past.
« Reply #1095 on: October 25, 2016, 12:34:01 am »

"I can talk to daemons? Fantastic! I suppose now would be the time to give you the mission report, but I was wondering if you would be willing to stick around after and talk. I still have questions for you if you would be willing to answer them."

"I pinged the base when we arrived, picking up multiple daemon signatures and a few very large ones. I suppose one of those was probably the weapon, and another was the daemon used to keep the base aloft. When we first entered the base, we were greeted by the sight of a man who appeared to have blown off part of his head which held a daemon eye. As we proceeded further, we encountered another corpse who seemed to have cut his daemon arm off before he died. We encountered one possessed corpse, controlled by the imbued daemon, which attacked us in a frenzy. I kept it docile with a frequency while the others hacked it to pieces, literally. We passed through a smelting room with many bars of daemon metal on the floor. They were all buzzing, an effect of the weapon as I came to find out. I performed an experiment to try to determine the frequencies the metals were affected by, by jamming a metal wire into my arm. The first attempt flooded my mind with the last memories of the daemons the weapon was used on. So much anger and death. It seems the weapon infected the host, and in the process of killing them it drove any imbued daemons insane if it didn't kill them outright. My second experiment was more productive, as I jammed the wire into my forehead and saw the intelligent weapon. It shouted at me, trying to kill me. It was angry, but that anger was undirected and it lashed out at everything. It killed the workers in the facility. I got infected, but I managed to obtain the frequency. I combined it to make the modified frequency I gave you. I used it, and I think I overdid it. The last thing I heard before falling unconcious was a very loud voice saying that everything gonna be alright. I think that was the daemon keeping the base aloft. I'm not sure what happened after, as I was inside my mind talking with the daemon in my arm and leg. We dueled, I showed him a few memories, and then I woke up to find myself in a tree. I climbed down, went to save someone from a beast, climbed the remains of the base, got in the air balloon and we headed back with the weapon and possessed both neutralized. If you send a team, you might still be able to retrieve notes or plans before the beasts take it over."

"But I'd like to make a suggestion. I saw what that weapon did to daemons, and it seemed as cruel as the things I've heard that the Nazis do. But my modified frequency worked to neutralize a very powerful daemon and the other daemons in range. What if you base the new weapon off that frequency. Make the weapon a transmission vector that doesn't kill off the host, and amplifies the effect of that frequency to pacify all the enemy daemons hearing it. The enemy loses their daemon tech and their will to fight, the daemons aren't killed, and you get hostages to get information from."

Mission debriefing. Go slow, enunciate, get all the info conveyed. And with the suggestion, don't try to convince him to do it. Just throw it out there. Don't need no CHA rolls up in here.
You talk slowly working through the pain as you go, the daemonist spook seems to be following along until you get to the suggestion of the pacification frequency the spook stares at you for a second and and sadly shakes his head saying, if o̸n̸ly ̴that ̢w̷er͝e tru͢e under his breath. Rekovering he reaches into his pocket and takes out 10 coins and hands them to you. P̛aym҉e͝nt
Poke Speaking.
The speaking spook stares at you as walk up to him and poke him in the chest. He stares at you before taking a step backwards and drawing an envelope and pencil from his pocket.
 He draws an envelope from his coat pocket. In the further if you wish to gain my attention simply make some noise with you shield or I will break your finger. In order to communicate with me, please write down what you wish or at least draw a simple picture.
Wander about, see who needs any help fixing planes
The spook calls out to you.
Mr. Ah, Phineaus, please refrain from leaving the area until after I finish this briefing there is a amount of sensitive information at play here.
Groo blankly stares at the new spook for several long seconds, before giving a happy, unconprehending response: "Okay!"
Wonderful, now gentlemen the main problem we have right now is that the Germans are currently transporting a piece of one of their varied superweapons by plane. Now the only reason that we now this is because we cracked their code, but we don’t want  the Germans to now that, so you gentlemn will be in charge of bringing down or stealing that piece of blueprints and making it look like a pirate attack, don’t worry about flying we already have a pilot lined up.  Any questions before we embark?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 25, 2016, 01:01:20 am »

Sit down and go eat
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 25, 2016, 08:10:09 pm »

Daemian sighs when he sees the spook's response. "Too much to hope for, I guess. So, I wanted to ask earlier, are you fused with a daemon? Or a daemon in a human body? Or something like that?"

After getting an answer, Daemian speak again. "And one more question. Would you be willing to teach me? You seem like a very knowledgeable and advanced daemonist, and also probably one of the few people that would have some idea of what I can do now. I want to learn how to use my new abilities better, and how to better utilize daemonism without completely burning myself out. I promise I'll work hard."

Talking to the spook, asking questions. Still not wanting a CHA roll.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 26, 2016, 06:52:28 am »

Daemian sighs when he sees the spook's response. "Too much to hope for, I guess. So, I wanted to ask earlier, are you fused with a daemon? Or a daemon in a human body? Or something like that?"

After getting an answer, Daemian speak again. "And one more question. Would you be willing to teach me? You seem like a very knowledgeable and advanced daemonist, and also probably one of the few people that would have some idea of what I can do now. I want to learn how to use my new abilities better, and how to better utilize daemonism without completely burning myself out. I promise I'll work hard."

Talking to the spook, asking questions. Still not wanting a CHA roll.

An ̡a҉d͏m̧iràble ͜g̕o͘a͏l tho̢u͜gh, ͏pe̕rh͡ap͏s i҉t ͟shall̕ èven̵tua̕llý b̧ea̢r̕ f͏r̢u͝i͟t͞.͡ In te̛r͞ms of wh̶át͞ w͢e are̴ t͝h͜ou͏g̀ḩ, ͡w̸e a҉rę ͞mèr͟e̡ly huma҉n l͞i͜k̷e a̕ll ͜o̧f u͝ś.̢  ͘ the spook chuckles at this  ́P̨e͟r͘h͟ap͡s̸ if y͢o͝u or͠ ̕o҉ne͘ o̶f̀ ̵y̶ou̵r͝ brothe̸r̢s ̧a̢s̴ks͠ us ͠l͡ater t̢h̀an ͠p͘er̷ha͝ps s̷u͠c̡h ̨p҉e͠r̷ception̕s̢ ͜mig͏h̨t ̧be ch́an̕ged.
͘
͢T͘o thi̧s s̀eço̵nd ͘re͞q̨uest͝ I g̴i̡v͡e̡ ̀th͏e̢ same͝ an͠s̢we̸r͞, perh͝a̶p̷s̕ ͢a ͜l̷ìtt͝le ̀bít of ̢fi͟elḑ ͟tes̀t͏i̶n̴g would ́d̀o͏ ͢you͢ ͠we͠ll.

Without another word the Spook presses a button on the machine attached to the IV's on your machine and you suddenly wake up being forcibly tossed into an Avro Lancaster by yet another spook.

Sit down and go eat
Groo and Tower are also here.

You sit down by a the new spooks car and chow down on a sandwich that you were handed upon your return. As you wait the new spook checks his watch and begins to usher you all towards an idling plane on the runway. As you all begin to amble you way towards the plane you all feel a sudden degree of urgency pre mate the air and you all quickly hasten your stride Groo moving especially quickly. As you get to the plane an Avro lancaster quick nimble and a little flimsy all things considered. A black government issue car suddenly screeches to a halt the doors open and a dazed Damian is pushed out the back door onto the tarmac. The car peels away again leaving you in silence. Without pausing the new spook picks damian up easily and at all not bothered by the weight tosses him up and into the Avro before slamming the door. you are all left in the stunned silence until the radio crackles to life a thick southern drawl is heard. This is your pilot speaking, if you boys would please quit standing there and get seated we might not miss the war.

((Sorry about not posting earlier network acted wonky))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 26, 2016, 07:41:26 pm »

Go get seated. Grumble about not even getting a chance to buy anything with my pay.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 26, 2016, 10:07:24 pm »

Go move to the cabin to assist the pilot if need be.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 27, 2016, 12:22:54 am »

Go get seated. Grumble about not even getting a chance to buy anything with my pay.
You grumble to yourself about spooks being bastards whith their timetables, and secrecy, and fast acting sedatives and hurling you into planes while your still recovering from said sedatives nonsense. nonsense.

Groo stations himself at the front gun turret.  He'll ensure Rufferto is safely strapped to his torso once more.
Rufferto is once again clipped onto Groo this makes holding the gun awkward Fairlly awkward as Groo is currently in the front ball turret with the approximate personal space of between man and dog being fuck all.

Go move to the cabin to assist the pilot if need be.
You go into the cabin and take a seat in the copilots seat.

The tower stands unmovinglly by the leech craft.

the pilots voice comes over your head seat If you boys are all strapped in let's see what this bird can do! The plane takes off easily, and launched into the sky. A few more boring hours later and the pilot comes on the radio Now, if your friends intel is right, we should just need to fly through this fog bank and we should see the convoy. Now we should be coming in behind them. So if your buddy in the front turret could get ready to lay em out we might be able to come out ahead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 27, 2016, 12:31:55 am »

Climb into the leech craft and prepare to hit the big red button within.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: October 27, 2016, 05:58:00 am »

Continu to assist pilot.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 28, 2016, 12:12:04 am »

Climb into the leech craft and prepare to hit the big red button within.
you, clamber into the leech craft your massive shield clanging on it's narrow sides. you strap into one of the three seats and wait the button staring seductivlly at you.

Continu to assist pilot.
You pull up a chair next to the pilot and stare at him as he ready to step in the second he has a problem. The air is suddenly filled with gunfire and the sound of Rufferto howling in surprise. The pilot curses and suggests that you might want to either get to a gun and start shooting or take that leech craft into the plane.

Reluctantly, Groo will release Rufferto with a pat on the head.  That done, he'll ready the nose gun and start firing as soon as an enemy plane comes into view.
Groo realses Rufferto and the dog gratefully sits by Groo near the front turret. The cloud clears and suddenly a Heinkel He 177 is just in front of you. Groo opens up on the planes midsection [marksmanship 5] [plane resilience 2] his .30 machine gun tearing into the planes back turret gunner wounding him horribly as the the bullets tear into him the entire plane shudders slightly.  [Tail gunner marksmanship 3] [plane resilience 4] he tail gunner lands a couple of mostly superficial hits to the wings. [front turret marksmanship 4] [plane resilience 4] The Avro shimmies slightly and the pilot curses as the turret gunner places shots into the underside of the avro Damaging little of vital importance though, your pretty sure your rest bunk is kindling at this point.

Spoiler: reference photo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:24:33 am by MidnightJaguar »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 28, 2016, 12:24:04 am »

Ready to pilot the leech craft when given the go signal to the target
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:40:35 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

((I googled the bomber we're fighting.  It apparently has substantially larger guns than us.  O.O))

Keep firing!  Take out the tail gunner next!

Oh, if Deafcon wants a gun, he can just take whatever.  Groo won't stop him; Groo's too busy shooting nazis.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Heinekel picture.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 08:40:03 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 128