Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 174575 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0: Mission 7: the lab of the beast. Looking for players.
« Reply #1876 on: June 13, 2017, 09:46:38 pm »

Search in the same place as Groo.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 20, 2017, 05:18:45 pm »

Go search about the room
Trusting in your suit to protect you from whatever is in there you push through the airlock, inside there are a number of surgical drapes around a bed inside the room next to it is a collection of documents next to stack of petri dishes and sample tubes.
Search in a completely different area than the other two.

Actually, no, release Rufferto and tell him to lead Groo to shinies!
[rufferto perception 1] Ruffertos hypersensitive nose perks up, detecing a faint scnet of something down the opposite hallway, he barks twice signaling Groo to follow him and takes off, Groo chasing after him, as he rounds a corner he sees Rufferto suddenly sliding back along the corridor on his side yelping in pain a huge roar of a beast follows and a massive multi tentacled monstrosity rounds the corner, it has a beak at the center of it's face, and four massively thick legs the tenteclales surround it's face like some mockery of of a seanemone.

Search in the same place as Groo.
The wall runs down the hallway after Groo as he chases Rufferto, He too skids to a stop as the tentacled monstrosity appears around the bend.

Hey so sorry the updates have been so lacking lately, I got a summer job that's been messing with my sleep schedule and just havn't had the energy to do the turns, but I've mostly gotten that figured out now so we should go back to the more frequent updates.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 20, 2017, 05:40:28 pm »

Grab the pitri dishes and documents, then head out and rejoin the others
((it's fine, good to see yeh back))
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:32:32 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 20, 2017, 07:33:40 pm »

Sever the nerves that the beast uses to control its tentacles. Once it's immobilized I'll decide what to do with it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 22, 2017, 10:45:06 pm »

where do i sing up for this?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 22, 2017, 10:45:54 pm »

Right here!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 24, 2017, 12:13:34 am »

Grab the pitri dishes and documents, then head out and rejoin the others
((it's fine, good to see yeh back))
You grab the petri dishes and the documents, the daemon notes that they seem important, before beginning to wander back to towards the sound of gun fire and roaring which in a near pavelonian response you associate with your friends. You come upon the wall and Groo locked in combat with a tentacled beast.
Sever the nerves that the beast uses to control its tentacles. Once it's immobilized I'll decide what to do with it.
[beast str 4] [wall resilience 6] [str 3] [beast ressiliance 4] The beasts charges forward the tentacles around it's mouth writhing as it slams into the walls shield, the tentacles snaking around to clutch the wall as the beasts beak embeds itself in the walls shield, Priscilla springs to life as the rest of the wall contends with holding up the beast, fending off the advances of the beast and keeping any of the tentacles from actually impacting the walls bare flesh.

Groo roars in rage, aerially charging forward while blasting the thing nonstop with his shotgun!  Upon collision, he'll start hacking and cleaving with his two daemon wristblades.  Nobody hurts Rufferto!
[marksmanship 4] [ressilaince 1] Groo flys forward with a howl of rage blasting away with his shotgun as he flies forward, the heavy shot slams into the beasts body, tearing it's heart and lung apart, for a moment the beast slumps all life gone from it, but just as suddenly it picks back up with renewed vigor, the priscilla going back to her defensive work. [daemonism 1+2=3] As Groo slams into the beasts, which is now pouring a coupious amount of blood, he pulls his two wrist blades from his wrist and starts trying to cut, finding that they don't seem to be keeping any edge, the one he snagged from damian actually doing the least, deforming like clay.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: June 24, 2017, 12:41:01 am »

Welp, time to stash away the petri dishes and such and go punch the shit out of this tentacle beast
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: June 24, 2017, 10:54:11 pm »

Take full advantage of the fact that melee attacks use strength, and that I have +4 strength, and that originally +4 was described as making you always succeed barring pretty strong extenuating circumstances. And sever its nerves.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: June 24, 2017, 11:06:44 pm »

((You are just the worst :) )
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: June 24, 2017, 11:21:52 pm »

((Not worse than ye, ya magpie <3))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 05, 2017, 04:20:45 pm »

Welp, time to stash away the petri dishes and such and go punch the shit out of this tentacle beast
You stuff the petri dishes away and look over the documents as the daemon in your suit translates. From what you can gather they sound like the documents the spooks were asking for.
[str 4]  You slam your foot into the beasts head and it splatters into gore.
Grah!  Just leave the useless daggers stuck in the thing, and pull out a REAL weapon--the katana!  Then hack and slash until the thing stops moving!  And maybe a bit longer!
[daemonism 2+2=4] Groo's katana slides out of it's sheath and slices into the beasts belly while it doesn't go deep it's enough to completely disembowel Groo still feels happy to contribute.
Take full advantage of the fact that melee attacks use strength, and that I have +4 strength, and that originally +4 was described as making you always succeed barring pretty strong extenuating circumstances. And sever its nerves.
[str 5] [ressiliance 2] Prisiclla reaches out and slams her talons into the monsters neck severing the spinal column.the beast drops to the ground it's brain no longer linked to it's body. Groo stabs it again just for good measure anyway and Phineaus smashes it's head open with his foot.

Right so I'm sorry for the long silence on this but I just don't find MP all that fun to run anymore, you guys are great and all but three people is just hard to make any more missions for. So what I'm going to do if there an no objections is to finish this mission and then I'll right up an epilogue for the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128