Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 177441 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Mission 1: The Idiot Express.
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2016, 12:12:29 pm »

((This is mostly advice for Spaz, because Egan's already aware, but it's best if you can start with high skill levels.  +1 basically grants you a 50/50 chance of success, but failure chance decreases by the same amount each level, so higher levels are disproportionately rewarding.  Also, most skills (not stats, though) are only really needed by a couple people, and are therefore quite dumpable.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 29, 2016, 12:35:42 pm »

((+1 is about as good as +0 is bad, which is surprisingly much, given how things have been going with that as the average. :P
Also, I chose a bunch of +0, -1, and +1s because Dev reminded me that he likes generalists, and I wanted to prove him wrong utilize his wisdom.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 29, 2016, 09:11:43 pm »

((...Did anyone aside from Pancaek and I survive?  Wow.))

When Groo lands, he continues towards the wreck.  If he happens upon any of his teammate's corpses, he'll loot them.
Groo wanders towards the wreck after landing and [perception 1] completely fails to notice the two corpses, and their plethora of mostly broken equipment instead he frolics through the viscera of the two deceased airmen. For the purposes of this mission not taking forever though Groo manages to find his way to crash site and meets up with Nikolia.

After Nikolai untangles himself from his parachute, he looks over to the far-off crash site of the plane. He puts his hands on his head, distraught.

"Oi, Blin! My vodka was in there."

He unholsters his sidearm, and makes starts off towards the the wreck, head hung low.

Continue towards the wreckage. If I come across any of my former teammates, check to see if they are dead. If they are, loot them. If they are not, see how badly they are doing.
You landed farther away from the corpses but you manage to make it to the crash site you just followed the trail of smoke rising out of the treetops without getting eaten by beasts, you meet up with Groo.

Name: Rufferto
Description: Vaguely hispanic man, soft-spoken and helpful. Glad to help out with most things, but he swears off firearms. Things are haunted, you know. He's apparently an old friend of Groo, though confirming that with said inhuman monster may prove difficult.

Stats
Strength:     -1
Intelligence: +1
Dexterity:    +1
Resilience:   -1
Perception:   +0
Charisma:     +0

Skills
Piloting:     +1
Marksmanship: -2
Daemonism:    +0
Doctor:       +1
Beast mastery:+0
Engineering:  +0

Inventory:
service knife
backup service knife
emergency backup service knife
chef's knife
aviators clothing
medkit
medical book: laceration

[Accepted]

ame: Adrian Peirce
Description: Youn looking though definately showing that he has had quite a few close calls with beasts, he isn't a looker or a talker and his first instinct when he sees a beast is to kill it, and with demons it's to run then kill it if he can.  Infact stabbing/shooting/maiming is usualy his first answer, what you wanted an actual storu? This guy is just a blood thirsty sob who likes hunting. He wasn't around for the begining of the whole Beast and demon invasion, but he sure as hell enjoys it. He loves the  hunt and the thrill of being a member of a flying band of merry misfits and buccaneers jusg adds on. Though he does not know how to use the plane at all.
Infact this man is basicaly there for the hunt. He's a huntsman at heart and little more.
When he isn't flying in a plane he wears a black shirt with a duster and some basic pants.

Stats
Strength:+1
Intelligence: 0
Dexterity: +1
Resilience:+1
Perception:0
Charisma:-3

Skills
Piloting:-3
Marksmanship:+2
Daemonism: -2
Doctor: +2
Beast mastery:-2
Engineering: +1

Inventory: what you have on you.
knife (if I can trade this in for a large collar and a leash that is fine. You know, like the ones from Varion's favorite shop)
aviators clothing
Sniper
Hand axe (hatchet)
Leather duster.

[Accepted] I suppose you can trade the knife for a collar.

[Accepted]

Those of you who would like to join will either meet the survivors in Detroit or if this mission looks like it's going to take a bit will be added in during the mission.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:20:04 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 29, 2016, 10:36:52 pm »

((Hey, did you miss my sheet or was there something wrong with it?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 29, 2016, 11:00:03 pm »

Whoops, sorry about that.

Name: Damion McWehrnecigul
Description: Damion looks like his brother Damian. His eyes are blue

Like his brother, he has devoted his life to his twin focuses of Daemons and Doctoring, to the exclusion of pretty much everything else. His greatest interest lies in the interactions of daemonic forces aND humans, and he dreams of one day creating a breakthrough fusion of these forces that allows a human conciousness to control a body filled with the might of daemons. He was often used by his brother to practice treating wounds, and is more resilient as a result.
Stats
Strength: 0
Intelligence: 0
Dexterity: 0
Resilience: +3
Perception: -3
Charisma: -3

Skills
Piloting: -3
Marksmanship: -3
Daemonism: +3
Doctor: +3
Beast mastery: -3
Engineering: -3

Inventory: what you have on you.
knife
aviators clothing
Light medical kit
Amateur Daemon kit

[Accepted]
Not sure how I missed that.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:32:45 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 30, 2016, 12:29:12 pm »

"Oh, blin. Well, Grue, let's look for the briefcase, da?"

Look for the briefcase in/around the wreckage

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 30, 2016, 02:00:08 pm »

The plane is smashed to pieces.

"Oh, blin. Well, Grue, let's look for the briefcase, da?"

Look for the briefcase in/around the wreckage
"Okay!"

Find the briefcase, and/or dead buddies to loot!
[perception 3] Groo's duo of neurons fail to spot anything interesting.
[perception 5] You manage to find briefcase but nothing else. You also stumble upon a number of knives and a large amount of blood the seems to be pooling out from a smashed in part of the tail that you assume is Adre and a very grisly looking corpse that you assume is Izzie. It's head and chest seems to have been smashed in by the force and there is still a number of morphine syringes sticking in the corpses arm…. well at least she didn't suffer. her medical kit's glass bottles look to have been smashed to pieces but the stitches and tourniquet look to be in decent shape. Her engineering kit is crushed within the plane. You also find the survival kit's map of balloon sites. If you can get to one you should be able to find a radio there and hail a rescue plane.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 30, 2016, 02:34:12 pm »

Wait a little while for groo to loot the plane further. While he's looting, look at the map and orientate myself. Once Groo is finished, head over to the nearest balloon site.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 30, 2016, 03:10:01 pm »

Groo looks around the crash site again, searching for any ammo, either from pockets or the MGs.

Groo'll follow Nikolai if he heads anywhere.

[perception 1] Groo completely fails to notice the containers filled with ammo next to the two .30 brownings. Instead he digs around the wreckage for some shrooms and stuff's a large amount into his pocket for safe keeping eating a couple as he goes. [end 4] oh look Kitty has a big boo boo

Wait a little while for groo to loot the plane further. While he's looting, look at the map and orientate myself. Once Groo is finished, head over to the nearest balloon site.
[int 3] Man this map is hard to figure out…. OH! that's why, you were holding it upside down. You quickly rectify this situation. [+1 to effective intelligence stat for future attempts to read this map]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:25:50 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 30, 2016, 03:28:01 pm »

"Blin, maps are hard. We should really make small rectangle that tells you correct way automatically."

Attempt to read the map again. If I manage to deduce the way to the nearest balloon site, go there.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 30, 2016, 03:49:02 pm »

"Blin, maps are hard. We should really make small rectangle that tells you correct way automatically."

Attempt to read the map again. If I manage to deduce the way to the nearest balloon site, go there.
[int 5] Ah, that was the trick you call to Groo and the two of you set off for the balloon site. THe joinery goes quite fast almost like your until you hear a loud snarl, that is very terrifyingly close. [perception 3] you don't see anything, though that doesn't mean something isn't there.
Groo continues searching around while waiting for his last standing buddy to go somewhere.
[perception 5] Groo searches around and finds a man surrounded by sausages with his eyes close and a bent and twisted rifle. Good thing the magazine is still fine. he ejects it and pockets a full magazine he also finds a large amount of ammo from the two machine guns though they run a %25 percent risk of damaging the gun when used. They have rather low quality powder. [perception 3] Groo also fails to notice anything.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:51:36 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 128