Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 180015 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Mission 1: The Idiot Express.
« Reply #255 on: June 19, 2016, 05:27:44 am »

"oh, blin. Guys! I have plane under control! We have lost lot of airspeed, but we should be fine for now!"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2016, 09:53:37 am »

((So it would have affected the d6 roll, then? Or the d36 roll? Is there a d36 roll on stats? And if it is the d36 roll, why? It seems like that would have a miniscule effect compared to the effect that levels in daemonism would normally apply, which is what I had thought would happen after reading the description of daemonism on the first page. What did I roll for daemonism after modifiers, anyway? Just out of curiosity.))

yes it affected the d6 roll, and I'm not sure what you mean by is there a d36 roll on stats. you got a 4 on daemonism after modifiers.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2016, 10:55:10 am »

((MidJag, I recommend that in the future, you just roll daemonism for similar situations.  If you don't think daemonism's d6 system works logically for it, just roll it like a normal skill with the d36--it's still breaking the rules, which is bad, but at least it's not doing so in a way which is particularly dangerous.

Also, who was Gregor, and why'd he jump out of the plane?  Beirus plays Damian, and I don't see any other actions saying to capture the demon.  Was he an inactive player who was auto'd?))

Groo is currently just following Varion around like a lost puppy.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 19, 2016, 10:58:35 am »

Yeah that sounds fair. Also Gregor was the character of leanardo8 who joined the very first day I posted the game and has not made an action since.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 19, 2016, 01:16:28 pm »

((I misread the first post and thought the d36 table also applied to stats. And damn, so many low rolls. Fucking RNG.))

"That daemon wasn't one of mine.  Where did it come from? Also, ow, I think my insides are bleeding."

Head towards the back of the plane. Give myself some morphine for the pain if I need it. Just enough to dull it, not enough to put me in a loopy state of mind where I can't function. Try to assist with any medical procedures to fix me.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 19, 2016, 01:27:04 pm »

The D36 table does apply to stats. The only thing it doesn't apply to is the daemonism and beast mastery. I'm sorry if I've been really unclear. How about for future rolls of this nature I will take syv's advice and simply roll daemoism. It wil be the d36 for thinking about stuff daemonism because I'm not really sure how the more ridiculous overshoots would look.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 08:53:48 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 19, 2016, 09:20:44 pm »

((I misread the first post and thought the d36 table also applied to stats. And damn, so many low rolls. Fucking RNG.))

"That daemon wasn't one of mine.  Where did it come from? Also, ow, I think my insides are bleeding."

Head towards the back of the plane. Give myself some morphine for the pain if I need it. Just enough to dull it, not enough to put me in a loopy state of mind where I can't function. Try to assist with any medical procedures to fix me.

I'm morphining you right? Poke and prod around to see if there's any more bits to fix.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 19, 2016, 09:33:02 pm »

I'm morphining you right? Poke and prod around to see if there's any more bits to fix.
((Nah, Thad is renegade's character. Mine is Damian.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 19, 2016, 11:13:20 pm »

Help Damian instead since Thad doesn't need much help. Drug him good with those sweet painkillers and examine for fixable damage
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 19, 2016, 11:47:27 pm »

Varion stands there, clicking his tounge as he looks at the carnage
And that is why we don't fuck with daemons on the plane. Well all of you who still can, get up and fix the plane. We'll comemorate the poor sod afterwards. Still, he saved our asses from a whole lotta trouble.
first order of husiness, pet grue and give him a treat
Help any wounded people, then go use ductape to fix the plane.
If I have time, write a eulogy for Gregor

You turn grab a handful of shrooms, the only food items on this plane right now, that are growing on the wall and [dex 5] toss it into Groo's open mouth. Groo [end 4] when you ask him what he's seeing he says flying thing, so he's probably fine. ((note: these kinds of rolls were purely for comedic purposes.))

you go over and help Damian not die.

you don't have time to do the rest of you actions right now.

Adre stands still for a moment, chainsaw still humming in their hand, and looks out of the gaping hole in the ship.
"That was kinda dumb. Bored now."

Back to my corner. Wait for inevitable beast attack. See if I can't loot some of Gregor's Demon equipment.
You go back to your corner in the back of the plane and sharpen some knives. Gegor unfortunately brought his gear with him when he jumped out of the plane.

"...gurgle..."

Wake up?
[resilience 2] a thin stream of drool comes out of mouth matching the rapidly clotting thin stream of blood from you ears.

Thaddius status: unconscious and deaf.
((MidJag, I recommend that in the future, you just roll daemonism for similar situations.  If you don't think daemonism's d6 system works logically for it, just roll it like a normal skill with the d36--it's still breaking the rules, which is bad, but at least it's not doing so in a way which is particularly dangerous.

Also, who was Gregor, and why'd he jump out of the plane?  Beirus plays Damian, and I don't see any other actions saying to capture the demon.  Was he an inactive player who was auto'd?))

Groo is currently just following Varion around like a lost puppy.
Groo follow's Varion around watching the large bird multi colorod cartoon bird that is perched on Varions head. [int 2] Groo's neurons happily conclude that they are now in toontown.

Izalis drags Thaddeus Vern to safety and tries to stabilize them by injecting them with sodium thiopental morphine.

Help Damian instead since Thad doesn't need much help. Drug him good with those sweet painkillers and examine for fixable damage
For internal wounds you guys might want to roll for diagnosis especially if the wound seems unclear, however this is a fairly obvious wound since it went straight through you and has two holes that match up I had you guys roll for diagnosis at +4 since the wound was pretty clear cut.
[doctor 5] It would appear as if the bar has clipper some arteries in you stomach and has also ht your bowels this would be a problem with infection but luckily your an Ally privateer in WWII and you didn't have lunch, a massive amount of penicillin when you get home should do the trick.

[Varion assist roll 3] [Izalis assist roll 1] [Damian doctor roll 6] Keeping a clear head despite the disturbingly large amount of blood pouring from his wound. Damian injects himself with a bit to much morphine while barking orders , luckily it take a bit to set in so for this turn he will still be normal, he sends Varion scurrying for a long rod of metal and Nikolias blowtorch and manages to fend off Izalis attempts to attempts his leg in the name of saving him for a stew. When Varion returns Damian seizes the blow torch and rod himself and lights the blow torch heating the metal rod rapidly before plunging it into his hemorrhaging wound. [resilience 5] "OH SWEET JESUS THAT HURTS!" you think but you grit your teeth and manage to avoid screaming or passing out from pain, so that's something.

Damian status: cauterized abdominal wound, still hurts a hell of a lot don't move much or it'll tear it, doped up [+2 to resilience for pain next 3 turns -2 to anything that requires a clear head]]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:11:39 am by MidnightJaguar »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 19, 2016, 11:50:44 pm »

Try, try again to wake up. Or have good dreams. Either way works really.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2016, 12:05:55 am »

Steal borrow Deamean's Daemimaonsim Kit while he's all doped up.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2016, 12:25:11 am »

"Hey look, I am competent at medicine. Neat. And you, stop eyeballing my kit. We don't need a repeat of the daemon incident. I'mma go to sleep now. Please don't move me too much, or the wound might reopen."

Clutch my daemonism kit and medical kit possessively. Cuddle with them and sleep.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2016, 09:57:09 am »

Go ducttape up the hole in the plane
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2016, 10:28:43 am »

Is the plane daemon free yet? If not, why are we all not doing combatty things?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 128