Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ☼[ Abyssmined ]☼ DAII: War & Mythos: Succession Fortress [Years: 1-3]  (Read 9014 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

PTW, and would you be taking dorfs?

Sure want me to put you down for year seven and or stand-in?  :)

Year one save game zip and reports are incoming...
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I think I'm going to have a lot of !!FUN!! with this fort.

The first report of Abymined fortress is up! I sent The Master a PM with a link to the saved game.  :)

I will likely add more detail later about the world, region, founders, and civs. For now, a bit of mystery seems in order.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Alright! I'll begin working on my turn today and possibly even start writing today as well. If everything goes perfect, I should be able to finish within just a few days.

EDIT 1: Should be able to have my first update up in a few hours! My goal is to cover at least two seasons.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:06:07 am by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm instead going to be making much shorter posts with lots of entries. This will cover the first season! Note that these are purposefully written... different. You can figure out why.

Entry #1:
As I was getting a drink, someone tapped me on the shoulder and told me that I was in charge now. They then ran off and I never saw them again. Now, normally I ignore people who tell me such things(it happens quite often, you see), but something about this time was different. I felt a calling. An urge I haven’t felt in a very long time.

AN URGE TO PARTY!

Entry #2
First thing’s first. We gotta have a party room!

I’m even gonna dig this out myself broh! I’m totally hyped! This is gonna be the best year ever!

Entry #3

So, like, today, one of our woodcutters(heh, wood) named Cerol stopped what she was doing, went all the way over to me, got real close, then, like, shouted that she needed “rough praises”. Well, like, lady, if you’re looking for that, you could’ve just asked any number of the other dwarves! The party room isn’t even halfway dug and people are already getting excited!

Entry #4

Like, so I’ve been spreading the word about the party room for the past few days, right? Up until now, nobody wanted to help out! Crazy, right? Well, after mentioning that it would have a bar with all the alcohol you could drink, all of sudden there’s plenty of people wanting to help out! Radical!

Entry #5

Bummer, man. There’s a stray silk worm that’s been missing for a week. That’s so not cool, dude. We gotta have something for web slinging contests!

Entry #6

NOT GOOD, DUDES! We’ve got an emergency! We’ve got, like, no alcohol! Man, imagine if I didn’t have any alcohol for over a month! I’d start hallucinating from my condition! I’m sure it’ll be fine though, man. We’ll have beer again before you know it!

Entry #7
BODACIOUS! It took the half the month, but we did it! It’s so bitchin’!
Just look at it!

Entry #8

Dude! So, there was like, a diplomat or something here this whole time! Today he ran up to me, screamed that I didn’t do... something. I could understand anything he said!

Entry #9
So I told the carpainter(that’s how you spell it, right?) to make some beds, chairs, and tables for the tavern. After he made them and ordered them to be put in the tavern itself, he said he couldn’t do it! Apparently, some not-radical dude(aka the last overseer) didn’t connect the two halves of the fortress or something.    So I fixed it!

Pefect!

Entry #10

Migrants have arrived! I hope they like the improvements I’ve made to the fortress!

Entry #11
I found the silk worm! Apparently it died in its own nest. Not radical at all.

Entry #12

Some named... err... As?n Amal?th... claimed a forge. Bro, what even is that name? I can’t even pronounce it!

He better make something useful!

Entry #13
Oh. My God. Dude. He finished his thingy! DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS?! IT’S GONNA BLOW YOUR MIND!

This is the greatest thing I ever seen. I can’t get over it. How could something so beautiful be made by one person?! One thing’s for sure...

I’m keeping you!

Entry #14
I don’t... feel well. What’s the date?

Oh. No alcohol still. I think I better chill.

Entry #15

Someone’s visiting our bar. Our bar with no... alcohol. Wait, is he a human? That’s...

THE REST OF THE PAGE IS COVERED IN BLOOD AND SEVERAL PAGES ARE TORN OUT

And that ends the spring update! I'll have the next season update up tomorrow, hopefully earlier in the day!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:46:01 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

lmao. That is a whole lot of party space.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was amazingly busy today. Will hopefully have two season up tomorrow.

EDIT: I hate to keep doing this, but it'll have to be tomorrow! Life just eats up your time.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:18:49 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Oh no worries. The "official" turn duration is 7-days so you technically have until Thursday.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 01:04:56 pm by GM-X »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OKAY! I've had no free time the past few days, but tomorrow is back to normal! I'm going to post as much as I can cover in one day. I might have the whole year written!

EDIT: I'll have my update up around 10 PM EST!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 06:59:05 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only got another season done. I'm going to have to ask if you can extend my turn length for a few more days.

13th of Felsite
My name is Mebzuth Nishlek. I’m an accountant. Our fortress has a small problem. Our overseer just brutally murdered a human bard. For no reason, as far as I can tell. Needless to say, he’s no longer in charge. We all drew straws to see who would be the new overseer, and obviously I was the one who drew the longest. I’ve got a lot of work to do in order to fix this place, but I’m confident that I can turn things around.

26th of Felsite
I gave an order to have the human’s body properly buried. Of course, in the minds of the commonfolk, that means leaving him out to rot. Speaking of which, he’s actually rotting right now.

I’ve clarified my statement and they’re digging a grave for him. What a bunch of simpletons.

3rd of Hematite

Thieves have come, no doubt hearing about the incompetence of our fortress. They’ve yet to hear of me. I’ve ordered the military to slaughter the filth and string up the corpses for all to see. We will not be made a laughing stock.

4th of Hematite
The thieves escaped! This must never happen again.

13th of Hematite

At last, merchants. Now we can finally get some drink in this place. Sobriety is a big problem that cannot be underestimated.

21st of Hematite
We’ve had a great wolf attacking our workers for the past month, and today one siege engineer had enough.

Don’t fuck with engineers.

24th of Hematite
Since my last entry, I’d issued a kill order on all great wolves in the area. It was a complete success. We didn’t lose a single warrior. Let’s hope it stays that way in the future.

1st of Malachite
Horrible news today! First, the former overseer decided that the trade depot needed to be “renovated” and completely dismantled it with all the traders still inside! What’s more, now everything the traders have that wasn’t nailed to the ground is being taken by every last dwarf! Their guards just sat there and watched! This fortress in completely insane!

6th of Malachite
Migrants. Even more unwashed masses to deal with. You know, something has to be done about this. I think I’ve got a solution.

25th of Malachite

One our beekeepers has started acting weird lately. He’s wandering and and mumbling, looking for some building.

What’s this? He just broke into the metalsmith’s forge and barricaded the way in! Whatever he’s making better be damned important.

28th of Malachite
He’s begun building... something. Nobody can make out what.

4th of Galena

Right. That’s not helpful at all.

10th of Galena

What in the name of Armok is that?! I’m told that it’s somebody’s pet, but that’s just insane! Why is there a giant sentient mushroom running around the fortress?!

30th of Galena
Plans for taking care of the unwashed masses are now actively underway. I can only hope my plans can come to fruition before the end of the year.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Only got another season done. I'm going to have to ask if you can extend my turn length for a few more days.

Definitely. I'm going to change the "official" turn length to 10-days. It's more realistic for playing, documenting, and having some level of a real life. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:27:27 am by GM-X »

kleanea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take me off the player list.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Take me off the player list.

Done. Feel free to jump back in anytime.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Update late tonight(EST)! I've been helping out with renovations to my house so I've been swamped.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UPDATE INCOMING! I would've had it up an hour ago, but because my update involves a video(!!), I'm waiting for Youtube to decide when it thinks I'm worthy enough to have my video processed. I will post the update the literal instant it processes.

EDIT: Still nothing.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:49:08 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

12th of Limestone:
I’ve approved a petition for a human to join our ranks for the purpose of entertaining us.

21st of Li:mestone
The outpost liaison has arrived to discuss trade details for next year’s caravan.

That's... that’s a lot news.

Okay, you can stop now! I don’t really care that much!

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

That does it! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!
Click here to listen to the overseer losing his fucking mind.

Sorry for the incredibly short update, but I hope the effort I put into the voice acting and editing of it(which took much longer than you’d think) made up for it. Next update will cover the aftermath and then I’ll pass on the save. To be clear, I’m not killing everyone in your fortress. I’m not that sadistic. Yet.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4