Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: ☼[ Abyssmined ]☼ DAII: War & Mythos: Succession Fortress [Years: 1-3]  (Read 9011 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Although done with charm, it looks as though The Master has 1) needlessly ruined the fort and 2) killed one or more of the seven founders. This would leave DS (and the succession of overseers) a fort with big easily avoided problems, before any monsters have shown up. :-X

In the interest of building a long term succession fortress, please save scum and complete your turn today if at all possible.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:03:34 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I take a two day absence and this happens

This is why we can't have nice things guys
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Fair enough. I'm very sorry! I hope there's no hard feelings! I think it's best if you just skip me, I don't have time to do a full turn in a single sitting.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

lol

Fair enough. I'm very sorry! I hope there's no hard feelings! I think it's best if you just skip me, I don't have time to do a full turn in a single sitting.

Oh I still want to include your report as an alternate timeline. Let's make year two open for anyone to claim now. Whoever replies first gets it, on the succession list or not. If no one is ready to strike the earth today, you have more time.

Who dares to play year two? (It's okay to be scared. I'm scared too.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:10:46 pm by GM-X »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is Dwarf Fortress! Our mandate expressly prohibits nice things!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile

I would prefer not to play the second year, but if nobody else claims it by Wednesday, I will take it.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Throw me somewherre where I won't do too much damage

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Great. Is that a yes for year two? Probably much easier than year six.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... Sure.  What's the turn length?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

... Sure.  What's the turn length?

One year each overseer. You have 10-days (preferably less) to complete and report on your turn. Full details in the OP. I sent you the Abyssmined Year One save game file.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:07:27 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I updated the Dark Ages mod to DF 0.43.04. Overseers can just copy the saved game into the new Start Pack. This should have no real impact on the succession game or save file.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I successfully got the save file up and running. Now before I begin, does anyone have any suggestions on a good year-long goal? What should I accomplish?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I successfully got the save file up and running. Now before I begin, does anyone have any suggestions on a good year-long goal? What should I accomplish?

Well, you could help complete any of the missing buildings or industries. Complete or build new surface towers, further dig out the giant pit area, gather plants to make emergency booze, or whatever seems interesting to you. Danger is never far though, so be ready to arm yourself and or run.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 02:32:47 am by GM-X »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Report time!!! So I actually connected the 2 halves of the fort. (Woot Woot!)  And then... Lo and behold... Migrants arrived! And they were a boon to our fortress.  Sans one, who decided to spawn on the wrong side of the river, then starved to death.  He made bad decisions.  So I got a nice furnace/metalworking room up and working, everything seems to be going well in that prospect.  I completely strip-mined one layer, and we now have more iron then we could ever want.  I officially made the 2 greatest apartments in the world... And removed our second dining room.  We need to get on building a cohesive military and maybe traps, but other then that I think we're a functioning, working fortress. Any questions?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Report time!!! So I actually connected the 2 halves of the fort. (Woot Woot!)  And then... Lo and behold... Migrants arrived! And they were a boon to our fortress.  Sans one, who decided to spawn on the wrong side of the river, then starved to death.  He made bad decisions.  So I got a nice furnace/metalworking room up and working, everything seems to be going well in that prospect.  I completely strip-mined one layer, and we now have more iron then we could ever want.  I officially made the 2 greatest apartments in the world... And removed our second dining room.  We need to get on building a cohesive military and maybe traps, but other then that I think we're a functioning, working fortress. Any questions?

Nice work with the strip mining op! I linked to your report in the OP. Feel free to update it anytime.

Any sign of monsters?  :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 03:14:49 am by GM-X »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4