Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Draconic Civilization Total Conversion (40.24 - Release 2)(Now with PyLNP)  (Read 29862 times)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hum. Interesting mod.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Going to be dragging it up to the most current version, now that I have started to get an interest in modding again.  One question, though.  Anyone have any bugs they experienced from my changes that I can attempt to take care of?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
Re: Draconic Civilization (40.10 <For Now>)
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 02:52:32 pm »

im very interested in this i'll try it :)
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Draconic Civilization (40.24)
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 02:03:22 pm »

I uploaded the 40.24 version.  I've been wanting to construct a launch UI for it, but I'm having problems with that, so I'm just going to launch the UI-less version.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Urist McConfused

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Draconic Civilization Total Conversion (40.24 - Release 1)
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 03:57:46 pm »

Hi, newb player over here. I took an interest in your mod (of course) after a good five year run of vanilla DF. Love the game, but my fort is getting close to being a bit stale, with not much going on. So naturally I looked at the modding forum and saw this thread.

The main point I have is, I embarked on two separate occasions, with the Dragons. 1st embark was on a flatland prairie, with a few trees, nothing special. Figuring my Dragons would love to build an underground complex, I made sure to embark with some extra "picks" or the mining claw enhancement. Went through the usual tasks, setting stockpiles, cutting trees, building workshops, and yet to my dismay, the Dragons refused to dig. They cut tree after tree, (forgot if I increased the amount of "axes") and built wood walls and beds just fine. They constructed up and down staircases like nothing (above ground) but any attempt to strike the earth was void. No channels, no remove ramps, no mining, and no dig downstairs. The worse part is I can check to see the "picks" are in the wagon, and even dismantling it is of no use.

Figuring my luck with the mod was just poor, I attempted a 2nd embark, this time with hilly terrain and a bit more abundant trees. Yet still the problem persists, and I refrained from personally messing with the embarks to potentially fix the issue. Am I seeing the mod work as intended, or have I encountered an actual bug? I'm comfortable with the challenge of an above ground fort, but I do wish to know if the perils of the underground will be non existent.

Thank you.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Draconic Civilization Total Conversion (40.24 - Release 1)
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 04:56:31 pm »

Figuring my luck with the mod was just poor, I attempted a 2nd embark, this time with hilly terrain and a bit more abundant trees. Yet still the problem persists, and I refrained from personally messing with the embarks to potentially fix the issue. Am I seeing the mod work as intended, or have I encountered an actual bug? I'm comfortable with the challenge of an above ground fort, but I do wish to know if the perils of the underground will be non existent.

Thank you.

Alright, looks like I have to descend into the code to find out what is going wrong.

Though, to aid in trying to find out the problem, are you getting anything in the error log file?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Draconic Civilization Total Conversion (40.24 - Release 2)
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 07:34:26 pm »

Bug has been fixed in the newest version, and I have introduced 2 new versions.  Both use PyLNP as a launcher, but there is one key difference.  The first has the mod pre-installed to the PyLNP Dwarf Fortress raws, while the second has it so that the mod is installed through the PyLNP launcher's mod tab, as a way to hopefully increase compatibility with other mods, though I can admit there are no promises all will work.  I'm going to include graphics packs in future packs.  They aren't in right now due to the fact that most modify DF raw files that are already overwritten by the mod, so there could be a whole slew of problems there that I need to work out before I include them fully.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Anyone have any ideas on what I should add?  Or are there any problems people would like to report?

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a question as this mod is interesting, plus it cool to see that it is updated to using 4.24 version of dwarf fortress. Does this mod come with a manual?

Xolroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was poking around at your raws for this and noticed that while the dragon entity has the [CLOTHING] tag, the dragon creature doesn't have the [EQUIPS] tag, meaning none of them spawn wearing anything. I'm not certain what other odd behavior this might cause, but I know that when I started a game my miners refused to pick up their (impure copper mining-type claw enhancement)s. Strangely, my woodcutter picked up his (copper axe-type claw enhancement) just fine. And, yes, none of them spawned wearing any clothing.

I've added the [EQUIPS] tag to the dragon raws and am about to run another fort to see if it worked.

I'd also recommend you add more of the LNP--having DFHack would be a great help, as well as Dwarf Therapist (which does work fine with modded player civs). A graphics pack would be nice, but you will have to modify some stuff to make them show up right--creatures work differently in graphics packs than other things, and require some separate detail about how they show up. Just dumping Phoebus in there will have every dragon, satyr, giant, and all the other custom creatures show up as a greyed-out human, iirc.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Draconic Civilization Total Conversion (40.24 - Release 2)(Now with PyLNP)
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 05:02:55 pm »

Hello? Could somebody update this to 43.05?

shinyarceus4

• Bay Watcher
  • Catbombs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »

Any way to get a .zip version of just the mod? I would love to be able to install this mod into Masterwork, for instance.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 12:33:37 am »

Any way to get a .zip version of just the mod? I would love to be able to install this mod into Masterwork, for instance.

I doubt this is compatible with a good chunk of mods.  Aside from completely redoing how metals work, leaving the base interactions as husks, I remember combining a number of creatures into a more limited number, such as the Ettins and Cyclops having been out and out removed in order to be made into castes of the Giant race, and having done a number of changes for how the base civilizations work, such as the Elves in cities and Dwarves being one of the least advanced in terms of metals.

May as well say it flat out, but I do not currently have any intention of working on this mod as there are some other projects I am working on that are taking up my time as of right now.  So long as a version that does not require any other mods to be run is released and credit is given by linking this thread, I will allow anyone who wishes to to continue work on this mod to do so.

DarthRubik

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Rubik's Cubes for their colorful pieces
    • View Profile

Sorry for the necro, but I was looking at porting this for the latest version of DF and I saw that you removed the geldability from some creatures.....was that intentional or is that some sort of porting error?
Pages: 1 [2]