Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Update 1.04 - Hermit Mode, Modest Mod, Orc/Succubus patches...  (Read 18355 times)

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.04 - Hermit Mode, Modest Mod, Orc/Succubus patches...
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 04:33:28 pm »

So, I started a tavern, promptly got two FD thieves as visitors, then watched my hermit perish in a sudden blaze of fire.

The gamelog helped to clarify matters:
Code: [Select]
Ronux Sostlunguk, Hellfire Imp Thief is visiting.
Storlut Kasbendesis, Great Fiend Spider Thief is visiting.
The dragon claws the hermit in the left hand, tearing the muscle!
A sensory nerve has been severed!
The dragon charges at the hermit!
The hermit looks surprised by the ferocity of The dragon's onslaught!
The dragon collides with the hermit!
The hermit is knocked over and tumbles backward!
The hermit is caught in a cloud of n/a!
The hermit is caught in dragonfire!
The dragon is caught in a cloud of n/a!
The hermit stands up.
The dragon bites the hermit in the left hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The hermit is caught in a burst of n/a!
The dragon claws the hermit in the right upper leg, tearing the muscle!
The hermit falls over.
Dell Irunemile, hermit: I was attacked.  You will know my ferocity!
The dragon is caught in a burst of n/a!
The dragon is caught in a cloud of n/a!
The dragon bites the hermit in the head, tearing apart the muscle!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The hermit has been stunned again!
The dragon latches on firmly!
The hermit is caught in a burst of n/a!
The dragon is caught in a burst of n/a!
The dragon shakes the hermit around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!
An artery in the head has been opened by the attack!
The hermit gives in to pain.
The dragon shakes the hermit around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!
An artery in the head has been opened by the attack!
The dragon claws the hermit in the head, tearing apart the muscle, bruising the skull!
The dragon claws the hermit in the head, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the skull!
The dragon bites the hermit in the head, tearing apart the muscle!
The dragon latches on firmly!

My pet, it seems, went berserk.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 04:53:39 pm »

Just tried out an ettin to test, and I am seeing the odd sporadic work issue. For about a month they did everything as usual, then they fell asleep and didn't wake up. Waited till it was almost starving before using dfhack siren. It got up, worked a little more, picked up an item to haul to a stockpile and now is just holding it and wandering around with "no job" as Chaosfiend reported. So far haven't had that issue with a few ogres, and a goblin hermit.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 04:55:01 pm »

It seems almost like the Ettin is acting like a Child of a race. Occasionally doing the jobs that it has, but just doddering around most of the time. Now my etin is again just meandering after building the rest of the coffins and putting three bodies in them
Maybe its the age? I can certainly force it to spawn an older ettin, but I wasnt aware that create-unit can make kids as well. shouldnt it be called ettin child in that case?

Urlance Woolsbane: Mh... the dragon is spawned as pet using create-unit, it should be friendly. It was friendly before and turned hostile once the visitors came in? That obviously shouldnt happen, but I dont know what might cause this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 04:57:01 pm »

Could it perhaps be something to do with it having multiple heads? Does that modify its personality at all in some way? The issue seems to be repeatable, as Nidor pointed out.

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 05:22:13 pm »

Hmm, I've noticed I am unable to put them in a military position until migrants show up. When making a new squad, 1st position is vacant, and hermit is not on the list of valid units. I haven't checked to see if they could be a squad leader after migrants, but they can be a secondary unit in one. Perhaps related to the hermit noble title?

Is the migrant waves because have I set something wrong before world gen making things confused regarding migrants? Or is it intended? Only changes i have made to the default MDF launcher has been activating hermit and fort for hermit, and disabling fort from dwarf.

Edit:
Tested a Giant out, and it is also doing the meandering around while holding an item thing.
Edit2:
Tested out a gremlin, and it was able to be added as squad leader, however 'U'nits showed it as a pet rather than a civ member, it was able to perform jobs, but like the fisher gremlin, it couldnt seem to grasp anything, so no pick or axe work. Tested with a 'standard' race type (succubus) and have had no issues so far, in fact I have noticed that none of the prior attempts listed the hermit under the nobles tab, but this one did.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:19:27 pm by Nidor »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 05:52:14 pm »

Urlance Woolsbane: Mh... the dragon is spawned as pet using create-unit, it should be friendly. It was friendly before and turned hostile once the visitors came in? That obviously shouldnt happen, but I dont know what might cause this.
I tried it again. This time, my first visitor was a fury swordsman. My dragon proceeded to tear him to pieces (though not without losing a leg in struggle.) The game crashed shortly thereafter.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 05:55:10 pm »

Yeah, I've been trying to start Hermit mode for several hours now, and the farthest I seem to get is about 5 minutes after spawning my hermit, before the game crashes and burns.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 07:15:39 pm »

Smake reported that TWBT causes crashes for him, so maybe try without it.

Dirst did an update to create-unit too, it should be more stable.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 08:06:33 pm »

Hey, anyone have any idea how to make sure when you start hermit mode, your hermit does not die alongside the first 7 dwarves? I decided to go for a fresh download, but now each time that I try and make my hermit from either the Ogre or Cyclops, (Since apparently Ettin and Giant are bugged), the hermit spawns as nothing more than a corpse.

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 08:52:22 pm »

Not too sure, as it seems I have been lucky thus far, 7/10 lived for me. Did just recently have another total kill reaction though. First time i got it to work i just did the . key to do it step by step to see if i could find out what was happening. Don't know if that is a workaround or if it was just luck. From what i seen, it should spawn the hermit before the dwarves get killed, and presumably the hermit runs away from the dwarf doing the job / whatever reaction causes them to die, guessing the deaths is when they don't react or run fast enough?

Currently dealing with migrants by making another hermit suicide booth, and making a hodgepodge fort out of various races lol.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 09:04:34 pm »

disabled twbt, also excessively happy can make animal people to play.. some have graphics too =)

first run crash generic ntdll.dll

second run success, created a rat man (no graphic =( ) with his female dragon companion, load up therapist, therapist crashes. manually assign all labors minus hunting woodcutting fishing, then assign mining

wont pick up pick grr, wont mine. will build chop down trees place people in coffins and build floors just fine tho

assign to military see if he can weild pick, assign gears and stuff, unpause, dragon eats him =( she wouldn't kill her precious mouse damnit! dragoness kills him so hard the game crashes ><

third run, dragon immidately attacks my red squirrel >.> maybe because i didn't wait for him to assume hermit status?

fourth run. crash generic (maybe therapist? no idea)

fifth run, get otter with dragoness, start setting up, won't use pick. I think its because some animal people are too small. I forged a pickaxe and can use it to dig, regular pick's are too big for me apparently according to therapist.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:53:16 pm by Fairin »

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 09:55:24 pm »

Finally got a run with my Cyclops to work fine. Embarked on a cave entrance. No competing friends around here, so I should be good. Ran for a half hour now, and alls well for the time being.

game went well for a while, and then the first wave of migrants came...er, is there anything I'm supposed to do about this aside from kill them?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:20:24 pm by chaosfiend »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 01:16:34 am »

Hi Meph,

I found a couple possibly typos in 1.04 \raw\onLoad.init

AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race SHALSWAR -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race SHALSWAR -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race RAT_KOBOLD -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race RAT_KOBOLD -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race HELMET_SNAKE -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race HELMET_SNAKE -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race GIANT_BARK_SCORPION -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race GIANT_BARK_SCORPION -caste FEMALE

I guess those are supposed to be all KOBOLD, no SUCCUBUS.
It looks like Kobolds also have no Pack or Pull, so perhaps they can't have caravans? or maybe they get their Pack animals another way outside the init?  Not sure how that works.  Someone in another thread was curious why he got no caravans.

modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName RELEASE_HUMAN_MIGRANTS -command [ modtools/create-unit-friendly -race HUMAN -caste RAT_MALE -civId a -groupId a -location [ \\LOCATION ] -name PLAINS -age 3 ]

Should be -caste MALE rather than RAT_MALE and -age 20 rather than 3, I think.

modtools/outside-only -checkEvery 100 -type OUTSIDE_ONLY -building OUTSIDE_ONLY_ORC_RAIDERS

Can be deleted, I don't use this functionality anymore so we can get rid of the check. (thanks!!)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 01:27:49 am »

Hi Meph,

I found a couple possibly typos in 1.04 \raw\onLoad.init

AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race SHALSWAR -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race SHALSWAR -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race RAT_KOBOLD -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race RAT_KOBOLD -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race HELMET_SNAKE -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race HELMET_SNAKE -caste FEMALE
AddPetToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race GIANT_BARK_SCORPION -caste MALE
AddPetToCiv -civ SUCCUBUS -race GIANT_BARK_SCORPION -caste FEMALE

I guess those are supposed to be all KOBOLD, no SUCCUBUS.
It looks like Kobolds also have no Pack or Pull, so perhaps they can't have caravans? or maybe they get their Pack animals another way outside the init?  Not sure how that works.  Someone in another thread was curious why he got no caravans.

Twas I that was curious about the lack of caravans. Also, The 'AddPetToCiv' typo was present in the last version as well. I recall him saying there is a Typo in the raws he is getting from Boltgun or something? Tell Boltgun to fix them raws on his end as well, or this will happen every version! XD

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2016, 01:43:45 am »

I don't know whether by design you are supposed to have pack animals or not, but in the raws there exists a [CREATURE:RAT_KOBOLD_GIANT] which has the traits [PACK_ANIMAL][WAGON_PULLER].

So if you were up for tinkering you could try popping

AddPackToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race RAT_KOBOLD_GIANT -caste MALE
AddPackToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race RAT_KOBOLD_GIANT -caste FEMALE
AddPullToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race RAT_KOBOLD_GIANT -caste MALE
AddPullToCiv -civ KOBOLD -race RAT_KOBOLD_GIANT -caste FEMALE

into

F:\Games\DF\Masterwork V1.04 (42.06)\Dwarf Fortress\raw\onLoad.init
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4