Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Update 1.04 - Hermit Mode, Modest Mod, Orc/Succubus patches...  (Read 18357 times)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.04 - Hermit Mode, Modest Mod, Orc/Succubus patches...
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2016, 01:49:32 am »

Worth a shot. I mean, I've not read anywhere in Meph's posts that explicitly states that kobolds have no trading capabilities. I mean, I get Naga and Warwolves as trade partners all the time.

EDIT: Just wanna check, but has anyone else been getting tons of errors with Legends Viewr in this version? I keep getting 'unhandled exceptions', even from a clean Download.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:22:28 am by chaosfiend »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2016, 04:21:30 am »

Oh, fuck me.

Thats the fourth time with the kobold pets. How in hell did I manage to write that patch last week, upload it for everyone to use, re-upload a new version with the fix, then be an idiot and continue working on a version without said fix?

This is a rhetorical question, please dont answer.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2016, 04:51:17 am »

ok that dragon does not like your military =( had my immigrants and hermit foraging for apples and cherries when they all managed to get stuck in trees, put them all in a squad thinking well if they have no civilian job they'd path down... nop however water did the trick hehe.. flushing dwarves out of trees lol...

dragon did not like her new friends thinking they can defend themselves and promptly lit everything on fire when they returned to the dining room

Needs More Pickles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2016, 06:30:19 am »

Worth a shot. I mean, I've not read anywhere in Meph's posts that explicitly states that kobolds have no trading capabilities. I mean, I get Naga and Warwolves as trade partners all the time.

EDIT: Just wanna check, but has anyone else been getting tons of errors with Legends Viewr in this version? I keep getting 'unhandled exceptions', even from a clean Download.
I haven't tried 1.04 yet, but Legends Viewer had the same issue for me in 1.03. I downloaded the latest version separately and it works fine.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2016, 10:13:06 am »

*wanders back to Bay12 after... Um... A long time spent over at SpaceBattles/Sufficient Velocity and finds that Masterwork is being made again*
Yay!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2016, 11:43:32 am »

Huh, I used Legends viewer to make the maps of Romomon with no problems.  I used the DFHack export legends command, not the ones in game.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2016, 07:52:36 pm »

Alright, just got a bit of a bug for my Hermit. It seems that my smelter is not recognizing the Bitumous Coal that I have stockpiled. The Coal stockpile is not attacked to anything else, nor is the smelter attached to any other stockpile. I have the Coal right beside the smelter, and the reaction is red, and when I click on it, the Reagent of Bituminous Coal is white, which means it does know I have it, but when I look down below, it says 'No Accessible Fuel!'

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I just used the manager to do the job, and he took the coal to the Smelter to use it, but a warning came up, saying:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a23a27sa38ib4m/Screenshot%202016-06-04%2018.54.59.png?dl=0
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:57:12 pm by chaosfiend »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2016, 07:54:48 pm »

sounds like you don't have fuel.  Not the bituminous coal, which is a rock, but a bar of coke or charcoal.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2016, 07:58:23 pm »

Ahh, well damn. Might be it. I guess I rarely have this problem, since there is so many others working the task  :P

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2016, 08:02:47 pm »

I'm not sure, but the way you described your stockpile situation, it sounds like the smelter is only linked to the stone pile.  So even if you have coke elsewhere it's not linked to this furnace.

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2016, 04:01:56 pm »

Do you just play hermit mode the same way you play any other mode? By tabbing through civs until you have the Hermit civ selected? Because i have Hermit mode fully enabled in the launcher (as well as most of the fortress defense races and all the other playable races) and after rooting through several different worlds i can not seem to find the Hermit civ anywhere. Am i doing something wrong?

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2016, 10:03:45 pm »

Someone mind helping me figure out why my Hermit mode is starting to tank in framerate? I'm only two years in, and its dropping to about 15 frames, when my Kobold fort has 40 units, 80 pets, and tons of stuff, but still maintains higher than 50 FPS

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8wrmjruooayle6y/AABJNORVDjpp-4rMdmWaahl5a?dl=0

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2016, 05:33:32 am »

There are no scripts at all in hermit mode that would affect FPS at all. Its literally a copy of dwarf mode (which also has no special scripts) with a new building for the "kill everyone, spawn hermit".
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2016, 02:44:35 am »

meph, can we create additional squads while being a hermit... please?, or someone tell me how to make more squads =)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2016, 02:56:19 am »

Someone mind helping me figure out why my Hermit mode is starting to tank in framerate? I'm only two years in, and its dropping to about 15 frames, when my Kobold fort has 40 units, 80 pets, and tons of stuff, but still maintains higher than 50 FPS

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8wrmjruooayle6y/AABJNORVDjpp-4rMdmWaahl5a?dl=0

Taking a wild guess, caverns below are crowded with zombies that are on fire or something.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 03:01:57 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4