Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Update 1.04 - Hermit Mode, Modest Mod, Orc/Succubus patches...  (Read 18353 times)

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.04 - Hermit Mode, Modest Mod, Orc/Succubus patches...
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2016, 04:20:19 am »

Someone mind helping me figure out why my Hermit mode is starting to tank in framerate? I'm only two years in, and its dropping to about 15 frames, when my Kobold fort has 40 units, 80 pets, and tons of stuff, but still maintains higher than 50 FPS

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8wrmjruooayle6y/AABJNORVDjpp-4rMdmWaahl5a?dl=0

Taking a wild guess, caverns below are crowded with zombies that are on fire or something.

Unless there is a necro and a fire drake wandering down in the deepest of my tunnels I don't think that is the case. I embarked on a neutral biome, not to mention I had the 'decaying undead' option turned on, (as a single creature, even a Cyclops, I don;t relish the thought of facing a horde of undead).

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2016, 08:41:28 am »

haven't played much of the newer versions of dwarf fortress so if its that i'm sorry.

hermit mode, twbt off of course.

playing as an otter, kept my 2 waves of immigrants (RP prespective, they came to the settlement the original 7 were to make found me instead decided to make the best of it with me at my home)

choose to start without the dragon this time that spawns wild and eats me in the wrong way. ><

cant make bookcases or book pieces for library, got tavern working fine and even got a succubi dancer to show up for my otterkin and dwarves to enjoy. been years she wont petition for citizenship =(

elven caravan brought me a nymph which i totally didnt just buy and set her up in my room, years later she asked to join the fort as a full member!, i put her in the military after spending years training her in the weight room to improve her abysmal stats, she doesn't cry anymore =) (had to use therapist to give her labors however she does work like anyone else however)

embrodiery studio only wants dyed padded cloth...

carpet seems, broken (default setting twbt off)

should note somewhere not all animal people are big enough for pick's. however pickaxes are smaller and used for digging too, note: i turned on stal's armory historic arms and terrible weapons for fun, if thats where the pickaxe is.

seiges thieves and snatchers a thing of the past? been about 5 years in game, at the point where im setting up the real fortress above the magma layer before taking everyone to the circus to build the third fortress down there.

only had one mysterious death so far : suffocated by log, in the middle of the dining room (where obviously there are no logs, or logs in the dining room)

also is there a solution to getting dwarves to climb down out of tress besides flushing with water, or chopping it down (which is hellariously dangerous)

dwarf guildhall a thing yet meph? would be nice to have around... =) along with more squads...moar.. moarrrr squaaaads where is the option to make more squads!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 10:06:00 am by Fairin »

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2016, 10:08:22 am »

Sorry, quick question, I don't know where to ask: would a 1.02 save file work on this version? (the save is a Succubus Fortress, BTW)
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2016, 02:01:26 pm »

Sorry, quick question, I don't know where to ask: would a 1.02 save file work on this version? (the save is a Succubus Fortress, BTW)
Nope
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2016, 03:20:38 pm »

Is it normal to get a couple dwarfs moving in during my first year? Will they evaporate on their own or do i have to kill them?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2016, 12:12:29 am »

Confirmed this embroidery-creature webs mini bug

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2016, 04:31:04 am »

Confirmed this embroidery-creature webs mini bug

Are you telling me that a very metrosexual spider can't embroider their web? :P (thanks, I'll fix it)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2016, 11:11:05 am »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]