Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Update 1.04 - Hermit Mode, Modest Mod, Orc/Succubus patches...  (Read 18108 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

::: Current version: V.1.04 - Updated3rd June 2016 - For DF.42.06 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

New update, 1.04!

Notes: This time I added the Hermit mode back, but it is very different from before. Instead of a hermit-creature that looks like a dwarf, you now embark as 7 dwarves, who meet an ill fate... and your hermit finds them. You can pick your race and gender yourself, from 200 different intelligent creatures, be it dwarf, elf, goblin, human or kobold, or rather intelligent beasts like cyclops, giants and minotaurs, or would you like to play as an animal-person?

At the start of the fortress you simply build the "Start Hermit Mode" workshop and make your selection, the rest is automatic.

You can also pick your starting gear, currently I added 5 sets: Archer, Fighter, Trapper, Barbarian and Dragonfriend, who gets a tame pet dragon at the start.

For more info, click here: http://i.imgur.com/BMntFhn.png

The other big addition is the modest mod. It fixes hundreds of tiny bugs or issues in vanilla DF, and now does the same in MasterworkDF. Most of the changes are under the hood, you never notice them, like child tags, egg materials (all creatures can breed now), some changes in animal behaviour, etc. I did make a few portions optional: Animals have a 5% chance to be gay, Animals with hoofs/horns/teeth/talons now get better attacks, and kitchen/still/quern get a few new reactions: You can pick which plant to mill and which drink to brew individually; and clean out buckets/barrels.

There are some minor fixes for the Succubi and this Orc update:

OF0.3
* Require blueprint for ancient foundry
* Change OUTSIDE_ONLY_ORC_RAIDERS to ORC_RAIDERS
* Re-enabled macuahuitl5 reaction in entity (adamantine studded)
* Baseline Outpost content
* Quick way to make (normal) glass blocks at Ashland
* Smelter can process Anthracite
* Burn corpses etc. (dismemberment theatre)
* Bugfix: Bone trap component reactions wrong building name
* Bonemold uses bonemeal.
* Added a small number of descriptions to reactions

OF0.4
Changes relative to v1.03 Release

* Permitted RAID_GOBLIN_ORC and RAID_KOBOLD_ORC
* Un-permitted RAID_DARKTOWER_ORC
* Added ITEM_TOOL_BLUEPRINT_ANCIENTFOUNDRY (25%) to Mountainhome and Ruins loot tables
* Removed iron bars from molten pit "slag" products. Added more rocks and small chance for low-grade quartz gems and iron ores to some slags.
* Added REACTION_CLASS:IS_BLOOD to MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD_TEMPLATE (This is outside "my" files -- Meph please confirm)
* Used REACTION_CLASS:IS_BLOOD in Bloodsteel and bloodmeal reax
* More civ-level nobles are restricted to Orcish race (high warlord, warlord, high clanspeaker, clan liason)
* Allow local clan leader and warchief to have modest room requirements
* Huscarl REQUIRES_POPULATION:60
* Weapon balance pass
-- claws nerfed "merciless" attack
-- polehammer is PIKE
-- lifeguard society arms is PIKE
-- makeshifts, redo many stats. Slow prepare for "wind up & crush" attacks
-- redo from scratch: Jaguar, Blademaster, Cavebear. Greatly nerfed "Old Masterwork" ultimate attacks
-- slow attack and recover on powered weapon ultimates, but left them overpowered (items not currently in production)
-- redo from scratch: Dragon, Falcon, Assassin, Lifeguard, Spear Auxilla, Hammer Legion. Removed ultimates. Now melees just like their component melee item.

Future plans: Next I want to redo the manual and add ingame descriptions to reactions. Aka the next update will focus on user friendliness.

Community feedback: Poll last week was on plants/woods/trees, people do want more uses for plants, special wodd types and farmable trees. Ok. :) This weeks poll is about races again. Since the Hermit and the Orcs have been added, the list has grown shorter.

Patreon: THANK YOU! The first month is over and Patreon showered me in dolla dolla bills, y'all. $106 came together in May. Remember, the mod is free and will always be; its open-source and you can use any part you like for your own mods. Support if you like, if not, no worries, its not mandatory. ;)

I will sit down and do the engravings with nicknames and custom items for Patrons this week, they will be added in the next release. Still waiting on a few messages, people forgot to let me know which nickname that want ^^

Cheers and till next week,
Meph
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Update 1.04 - Hermit Mode, Modest Mod, Orc/Succubus patches...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 01:46:38 pm »

Homosexual animals, come on? Just because a dog mounts my leg and everything else it doesn't mean he has a foot fetish. He is doing that because he is a horny, stupid animal. He will as well mount his female counterpart with joy if available.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:52:00 pm by LordNippes »

Urist Reborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 01:53:46 pm »

Homosexual animals, come on? Just because a dog mounts my leg and everything else it doesn't mean he has a foot fetish. He is doing that because he is a horny, stupid animal. He will as well mount his female counterpart with joy.
Not sure if this is meant to be a joke or not, but homosexuality is actually quite prevalent among some species (most giraffe sex is homosexual, dolphins are quite promiscuous, and most bonobo social interaction, regardless of gender, is sexual). Admittedly, a blanket probability across all species isn't wholly accurate, but nor is the characterization that homosexuality doesn't occur.

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 02:02:07 pm »

Homosexual animals, come on? Just because a dog mounts my leg and everything else it doesn't mean he has a foot fetish. He is doing that because he is a horny, stupid animal. He will as well mount his female counterpart with joy.
Not sure if this is meant to be a joke or not, but homosexuality is actually quite prevalent among some species (most giraffe sex is homosexual, dolphins are quite promiscuous, and most bonobo social interaction, regardless of gender, is sexual). Admittedly, a blanket probability across all species isn't wholly accurate, but nor is the characterization that homosexuality doesn't occur.

I think you didn't really understand what i actually wrote, i didn't claim it doesn't occur and you can be promiscuous without beeing homosexual.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 02:23:43 pm »

In case anyone is confused about world gen errors, remember to activate the Hermit civ on the launcher!

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 02:54:09 pm »

So, I started up Hermit Mode as a platypus man, got me a dragon, buried all but one of the seven dwarves, tried to save, and promptly crashed the game. Any idea what might be causing this?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 03:06:06 pm »

Yeah, Each time I try to start up hermit mode, it kills all the dwarves, AND my summoned creature that I wanted to play with, (in this case an Ettin)

fifth time was the charm, but now I have an Ettin that refuses to do anything at all. I've enabled his labors through Dwarf therapist, (wish Dwarf therapist has crashed ue to twice, a first for me.), but he refused to haul the food I embarked with, or the food I reclaimed from the fort I'm settling on.

Also, in the introduction for Hermit mode, it says that you 'Claim your price' at one point. I'm assuming that was meant to be 'Prize'?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:23:33 pm by chaosfiend »

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 03:50:48 pm »

The pick your race thing is pretty sweet. I did notice that migrants don't go poof however.

I had the same issue with the unresponsive hermit as well, but using therapist 'labors full' I was able to get them moving.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:54:32 pm by Nidor »

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 04:02:07 pm »

Hope I can get it running like you. It seems like alot of fun. I adore the idea of running a fort with a Giant/Ogre/Ettin. I've always had a thing for Giantkin, and its beyond exciting for me to be able to play a fort with them. Though the science that goes behind running the reaction will certainly need some fine tuning. Out of 10 restarts I've had so far, only three have not crashed when I ran the reaction, and two of those three killed my ettin, as well as the 7 dwarves on spawning, ending the game right there

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 04:06:07 pm »

Can hermits eventually build taverns and recruit people through petitions? I feel like this would add a very interesting aspect to Hermit mode. You don't get any 'free' migrants, but can choose to attract people through building a tavern, and if you're really good, maybe eventually build a normal working fortress. It would almost be like a 'hard start' mode. I feel like it would be more interesting in the long run that just being forever alone.

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 04:10:15 pm »

Were you using the Labors Full part of therapist? When I used compact I had the same issue as you, but when I switched to full, it had such labors as food hauling, and building deconstruction off when I scrolled to the right. I haven't fully tested this, but when i had therapist up during the hermit reaction, I would crash, yet when it wasnt on, it hasnt crashed since, perhaps try leaving it off until the reaction is done?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:12:51 pm by Nidor »

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 04:19:46 pm »

Yeah, no, just tried it. I left Therapist off, and waited for all the reactions to run through. Now my Ettin is just tottering about outside beside the wagon. I've just got hauling on to try and set up the coffins, and she refuses to even set them up.

EDIT: Okay, this is wierd as all hell...but as soon as I rebuilt the Hermit workshop, she went right back to working like it was something she was born to do.

EDIT 2: Aaaand..never mind. As soon as she finished hauling the coffins, back to meandering round the wagon and doing nothing, claiming to have no jobs at all.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 04:27:45 pm by chaosfiend »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 04:25:36 pm »

Hmmm... It looks like it successfully saved, in spite of the crash.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 04:26:01 pm »

Sounds like your ettin is not a proper civ member. Strange, I did test with those, I had an ettin sheriff in a test-fort.

Yes, hermits can build taverns and recruit more people.

Crashes are supposedly TWBT... Smakemupagus had a lot of crashes, then disabled it, had no crashes anymore.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 04:29:42 pm »

It seems almost like the Ettin is acting like a Child of a race. Occasionally doing the jobs that it has, but just doddering around most of the time. Now my etin is again just meandering after building the rest of the coffins and putting three bodies in them
Pages: [1] 2 3 4