Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Mod☼ - Romomon, The Ageless Realms (Multi-race succession world)  (Read 31227 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

yeah. but my population tripled in about a month of being retired. Seemse everyone wants to visist the new hole in the ground!ś
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Will you have a chance to write up a bit about your turn?  Even a short description of happenings would be great -- sounds like you're travelling(?) so maybe you're mostly away from your DF computer.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Ill try getting some notes together but i'm afraid i wont have screenshots.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Quote from: Gwolfski
Oh, and I forgot that I commented out the site_playable tag on the other races, and i'm not sure if i put it back in.

Um ... Why?  :P

In the future please just use the Embark screen "Your Civilization" tab to choose an entity and "Neighbors" tab to check race if needed (your race is always the top-most on the list of neighbors).  The original post in this thread also has a Legends viewer map with the name of all civs crossreferenced to their race.  I'll post a fixed save in a minute.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:19:28 am by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Gwolfski's turn 5 save, with the Dwarf and Orc changes un-done so they are playable once again.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12185

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Quote from: Gwolfski
Oh, and I forgot that I commented out the site_playable tag on the other races, and i'm not sure if i put it back in.

Um ... Why?  :P

In the future please just use the Embark screen "Your Civilization" tab to choose an entity and "Neighbors" tab to check race if needed (your race is always the top-most on the list of neighbors).  The original post in this thread also has a Legends viewer map with the name of all civs crossreferenced to their race.  I'll post a fixed save in a minute.

I was trying to unretire my fort

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

OK, it's just kind of funny that the one thing we know about your turn so far is that you modded out the two races that the succession game is nominally about ;)  No real harm done, I'm glad you mentioned it in the DFFD link. 

Just to be clear for other players who follow, no text file modding is needed to un-retire a site, we eventually figured out the 'culprit' giving Gwolfski problems was the Embark Anywhere DFHack tool.  Which you can toggle off in-game from a menu in the embark screen before pressing R for un-retire.  The original posts are updated with this info.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

As you probably know, most families don't share a last name. Mine does. I Am Pikachu17, member of the Dragonslayer family. Even if you somehow don't know the stories, you probably can guess that the founding mother won her name by killing a dragon. Since then most of the members of our family have slayed great beasts to earn their name. their have been acceptions of course. for instance, Urist Mcbard, or Kel Mcded.
But in order to truly be a member of our clan, you must slay a monster.
Tomorrow I begin my quest. May Wisho grant me the power to have a tale worth writing songs about.

24th of Timber, 204
Today I go out on my quest to earn my name. I ask my good friend Espir GictHosmcobi in the hamlet Trickledlsson about any new gossip.The army of Nelti Matchsiege is marching on Trottedmenace, it seems. but Espir cannot tell me the way Trottedmenace for some reason. Ooh, a Hydra has been on a murder spree. it seems it's killed 27 so far.Just need to find it at its lair of Willfulvomit The Confident Sucker and
 I'll earn my name!But I can hardly kill a hydra by myself, so I shall recruit some other Adventurers to my cause. Wait, Espir knows not the way to Willfulvomit, nor someone who does know the way. Sorry Espir, But I'm don't need you to not tell me where stuff is.  I shall go to the meadhall, to find mighty warriors to recruit.
The lady Destis Specutsana tells about a dragon! but she doesn't know where it is... I'm beginning to see a pattern... Well, I shall recruit my companions, and search for a lair myself! They really like maces here,.. I count at least five macemen. I recruit Uja Thedletislur a long-haired maceman, and Anmo Lasivspishab a long-haired pikeman. We shall slay a great beast! As we travel to our destiny, I feel a prickle of my neck hairs. Something is wrong. Oh probably nothing. Wait, bandits are attacking the town, stealing what little money they have!
Not on my watch, Underling of the bandit warlor Quenir Barbwonder! the bandits have platinum weapons.
I took out three and Uja and Onmo took out one apiece. I'm not sure how many survived, but any that still live must have ran away. the town has been saved! HUZZAH! but it is not all victory for  Uja has a broken leg.
I find a leatherworker who knows where a camp is, so I shall head there soon.
I stop at some more villages along the way, but none of them know any locations.

25th of Timber, 204
Along the way I have discovered a bandit camp. they shall pay for their crimes, with their lives.
You want to surrender? You have trodded upon the weak and helpless. you seriously think that raising your arms over your head is enough to save your unworthy life? The leaves are falling all around us, just like the bandits who thought protectors of the weak would never come. thanks to the pitiful efforts of those who would oppose justice I have some new cool scars

26th of Timber, 204.
Some mere wolves think they can mess with a Dragonslayer, I shall feast on wolf meat tonight!
Thanks to divine intevention by Wisho I have found another bandit camp. they shall meet the fate of those that came before them. the overlord tried to run away, but the rightious prevailed.
I came apon a evil troll. knowing it  would harm the innocent without intervention I slew it. But my companions thought it was unhinged. just around then Wisho decided my companions were unfaithful and brought divine justice down apon their heads(by forcing them to dance on the spot, he's the god of music after all).

27th of Timber, 204
I have come to a huge town called by the locals "nomarusmok" or Abyssfire.
I make way to the local tavern called the Garnish Of Cooking, in order to gain new companions, and get Information (information, Information. you won't get it. by hook or by crook... we will).
There I tell tales of my adventures that amaze them so much that they are breathless (or maybe that's the incredible amount of alcohol they drank). For instance I tell of the time I killed a bandit leader who happened to have been a vampire (I didn't know that until just now, but I picked up some of his blood!). A man named Livus Pandalelisse was so impressed by the tale that he joined my Fellowship on the spot. A naga macewoman named  Pucie Orgilelicusrg slithered up to me and proclaimed that I was the newest member of her  team. I then said that I'd "rather kiss an elf than join your team." she then decided to join MY group. Not sure why, but I'll keep one eye open. I intoduce myself to a jeweler who exclaims "Pikach17... your parents must have been interesting". well, my mother killed a minotaur and my father killed a ettin... so i guess they were not very interesting by my family's standards. I'm going to the keep to learn the locations of some monsters.
Wait, there's a badgerwoman thief just sitting in the keep, and the duchess consort is a badgerwoman as well.
what, did this place get taken over by badgermen? well, the Lord is human; that's good. I find a learned dwarf named Degel Rigoth Who tells me the location of multiple lairs; but none of the lairs are close by.
Sidenote: what's with some megabeasts just seamingly randomly being chosen to be zombified?
I need to give this back tomorrow. I was hoping Pikach17 would get to kill a giant beast, but
I'm kind of tired. I'm gonna retire him here. I guess the next guy can un-retire him and get him closer to a beast.

Save here http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12188
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

pikachu17's Romomon turn 6 save with Dwarf, Orc entities commented back in

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12190

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

If you're looking for beasts -- there's almost certainly one somewhere in the ruins of Nosimoltar, although I didn't find him yet while settling the tavern there.  And there's a lot of some kinds of big bads roaming around the west coast of the main continent, stomping around along with the goblins in the ashes of the dwarf civ that used to be there. 

Actually, I guess there's beasts everywhere, since it's a young world still in the Age of Myth, as far as I know. For now.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

GOT IT!!!

Gonna be fun!
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Excellent.  Let the crossbow throwing commence!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Any update, Ryukan?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

OK, we're pretty overdue.  TheImmortalRyukan please check in soon if you need another day.

edit:  I propose we give from now another 6 hour grace period (June 30, 7:30pm forum time).  If we don't hear a request for extension by then, then another player shouldn't feel too bad to invoke a Skip and take the save if they want. 

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:33:00 pm by smakemupagus »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

did youpm him? at least get him to upload the save. And i suggest a longer grace, for the reason that he may be in a different timezone.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15