Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Mod☼ - Romomon, The Ageless Realms (Multi-race succession world)  (Read 31208 times)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Details
And then, nothing.  Doren didn’t change for more than a month, time he spent lifting boulders on a weightbench built in room adjacent to his quarantine.  Each set of ten reps increases stats of strength, agility, kinesthetics and such by only two, kind of a waste of time.  Or would have been, if there’d been anything else for him to do while locked up.  Meanwhile, fortress life went on. 

Storyline, Bookie’s Plan
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Storyline – Execution.  Or, The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Dwarves

Summary:
Two years and still no invasion.  This latest Masterwork version is on the 43.03 vanilla core and that’s likely why.  Perhaps a multi-race worldgen based on Ye Olde Masterwork, where scores of different invaders still come at a time?  That might test the idea of ‘semi-playable’ invader Orcs against dwarves. 

Overall, it’s a great dwarf embark: loads of magnetite, gold and flux along with other ores, 5 listed civs nearby and the expected aquifer isn’t here after all.  Interesting Visitors from the caverns and Untamed Wilds, the werebeasts so far haven’t been all that troublesome.  But no Orcs or invaders yet at 800K wealth.   The save is here.
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
  • Busy Being Worshiped By Alien Pagans
    • View Profile

I'll play a round to keep the thread alive. Starting an adventurer.

Got The Save

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 02:48:25 pm by Arcturus »

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Tale Of
Latugdur Stoneskin

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:43:47 pm by Arcturus »

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Tale Of
Latugdur Stoneskin
Part 2

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 05:05:22 pm by Arcturus »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

So, let me get it straight: You slaughtered wildlife, then you looted a hamlet where you were welcomed, then performed home invasion and killed the protesting and fleeing inhabitants.

Then you killed wildlife again.

And you say to be seeking criminals?
Well, I know where to find one.

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, let me get it straight: You slaughtered wildlife, then you looted a hamlet where you were welcomed, then performed home invasion and killed the protesting and fleeing inhabitants.

Then you killed wildlife again.

And you say to be seeking criminals?
Well, I know where to find one.

It's not my fault I needed leather, the shop was abandoned and they attacked me when I went to the home. You can never trust a goblin. I did however beat fleeing foes to death. Have to kill all the criminals to win.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 05:34:50 am by Arcturus »

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Tale Of
Latugdur Stoneskin
Part 3

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:54:12 am by Arcturus »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weird wild animals, should have picked easier targets. Sucks to be you, sucks to be them.

Well, this is the  gamist aspect of DF.

Now that you're alone and drowsy, time for a quick nap? Before the sun sets....

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weird wild animals, should have picked easier targets. Sucks to be you, sucks to be them.

Well, this is the  gamist aspect of DF.

Now that you're alone and drowsy, time for a quick nap? Before the sun sets....

I can't believe those animals were able to take down Uruks. If you look in the raws Uruks have awesome stats. I think they have 2.25x human stats for strength and toughness. Even unarmed they should have been able to take a few of those coyotes with them. Maybe I should have picked Ologs they have 3.5x human stats for strength and toughness and double thickness tissues.

Anyway I did not nap and encountered bogeymen anyway as the story tells. I thought I was done for but my armor saved me.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, you edited it in while I was reading or something.

Heh...Reminder - bogeyman are only bit larger than a hamster.

Bards wouldn't make a good choice, you'd think, but they still tend to have 3/1/1 military skills.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I'm gonna re-read this, and catch up, since I haven't payed much attantion after my playthrough, then, I'm gonna conquer the world  8)
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm gonna re-read this, and catch up, since I haven't payed much attantion after my playthrough, then, I'm gonna conquer the world  8)

Just ask for the save when you want it. I've been playing for two weeks because no one has asked for they save yet. I almost want to copy this save and keep writing about Latugdur's adventure in another thread. Anyway, as soon as you tell me to get the save ready I'll make sure you have it within 24 hours.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 04:52:28 pm by Arcturus »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

You can pass it along if you want, and I'll take the reigns until the next sucker comes along...

Or we can move it to a new thread.... I can't help you with that one, I already run 1 or 2 and my plate is full.

So, start a new thread and let this one lie in peace, just be sure to include links to all of the relevant posts in this thread.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Arcturus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can pass it along if you want, and I'll take the reigns until the next sucker comes along...

Or we can move it to a new thread.... I can't help you with that one, I already run 1 or 2 and my plate is full.

So, start a new thread and let this one lie in peace, just be sure to include links to all of the relevant posts in this thread.

I dunno I think I would rather start a new succession world altogether. This save is getting glitchy with me trying to use the newer version of masterwork. I don't really have time to start a new thread, I disappear for months at a time. I think it would be better though if Romomon 2 was made or something. Anyway I will post the save by tomorrow night.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15