Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: TRASHWORLD [WIP]  (Read 6570 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: TRASHWORLD [WIP]
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 08:09:20 pm »

PTW, I would absolutely play this.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

FawkesFTK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 04:07:11 am »

Common, rare, forced, etc. apply to whether the civ has access to it or not.  Once a civ has an armor, its availability is governed more by materials than anything else.  I don't recall cost figuring into it at all, so it's hard to arrange for something to be consistently present but rare.

Ah, well, we settled on just setting exosuits and their component parts to common, figuring if an Arcology is sending anyone out they'd send them well prepared.

Now, another question. I was wondering if there's any way I could make a custom material class like [METAL] or [LEATHER] for Trashworld specific materials to avoid weird armor/material combinations like bulletproof vests made of copper or exosuits made of iron.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 05:26:05 am »

Make custom reactions and assign them to the civ instead of putting [ARMOR:EXOSUIT]

You can have them only use metals you allow.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

FawkesFTK

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 05:52:26 am »

Make custom reactions and assign them to the civ instead of putting [ARMOR:EXOSUIT]

You're a fuckin' saint man.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 08:12:57 pm »

PTW, this looks very promising

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 11:56:21 pm »

PTW

Aydrean

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 01:23:08 am »

PTW, I was thinking about a mod similar to this.

My Idea was that an alien race (Think lovecraftian monsters) teraformed the earth from their own galaxy by shooting it with a lot of radiation over decades. This increased the temperature of earth, making it a wasteland, and few people survived. The monsters (which would be like forgotten beasts, few but powerful) came to earth and began to settle it, while the few surviving humans adapted, (into several different races, just like yours) and began to fight back.

Seems like the mod will be fun!

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 09:10:43 pm »

Earlier while I was watching Star Wars, I had an idea that probably wouldn't be to difficult to mod, but might be an interesting addition to the Mod. I have no coding skills, but here's my Suggestion: FawkesFTK, You said that renegade Warmachines had malfunctioning AIs and were trying to do their best to fulfill their purpose, that purpose being total destruction, right? What if a Large amount of Maintenance Robots survived the Apocalypse, and became a Thieving, Trap Avoiding, Lockpicking, Utterance-Speaking Race that didn't Eat, Age, or Reproduce? The Robots steal Machinery from other Races, with the Canon explanation that they are trying to keep their Old Machines running? I think that they would provide an added challenge to Fort Mode Players. It's just an Idea I had.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 04:02:57 am »

Earlier while I was watching Star Wars, I had an idea that probably wouldn't be to difficult to mod, but might be an interesting addition to the Mod. I have no coding skills, but here's my Suggestion: FawkesFTK, You said that renegade Warmachines had malfunctioning AIs and were trying to do their best to fulfill their purpose, that purpose being total destruction, right? What if a Large amount of Maintenance Robots survived the Apocalypse, and became a Thieving, Trap Avoiding, Lockpicking, Utterance-Speaking Race that didn't Eat, Age, or Reproduce? The Robots steal Machinery from other Races, with the Canon explanation that they are trying to keep their Old Machines running? I think that they would provide an added challenge to Fort Mode Players. It's just an Idea I had.

Nice idea

You're a fuckin' saint man.

You're welcome.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2016, 01:03:23 pm »

Nice idea

To build on this, maybe there is a thieving caste of machines built from scrap that serve their war-machine masters? Just a thought.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 10:06:38 pm »

Yeah, you could do a lot with castes for a machine race.  Maybe something that's kinda like ants too.  Workers, Soldiers, Hunters, Scouts, and a machine "Queen" that can produce more of them. 

This reminds me, back on the Sonic mod brainstorming page, we suggested that you could slightly modify the zombification interaction to make something like TV Robotnik's Robotification machine.  You can't create "living" robots out of non-living metal in DF, but you can make a reaction that would transform an animal or citizen or prisoner into a robot.  Robotified people could replace DF zombies. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2016, 05:33:39 am »

Don't worry, this isn't dead! We've just been brainstorming for quite a while. The next update will focus on a greater variety of mutants and robots. One significant addition will be the Shambhalans- mutated humans that stand a few feet over the average man, possess heightened strength and intellect, and dedicate themselves to their strange, almost demonic mutant-gods, as well as imperial ideals. They will not be technologically advanced, having instead embraced the degeneration of the world and forging more archaic weapons and armor.

More ferocious mutants will stalk the wilds, and synthetic enemies will roam on land, sea, and air- infantry droids, drones, automated submarines- you'll encounter and fight them all, if you're unlucky enough. Stay tuned!

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2016, 04:27:58 am »

There's been a small update- Shambhalans are in, along with their new gear (and their demon overlords.)

Feel free to give them a whirl while we work on the other additions!

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 02:12:08 am »

Updated the mod to 43.04, and fixed a couple bugs with Shambhalans.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2016, 06:38:05 pm »

infantry droids

Please be Terminators, please be Terminators, please be Terminators, please be Terminators....
Pages: 1 [2] 3