Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Arcane Exile [Early Spring, Week 2: Burst]  (Read 20859 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Arcane Exile [Early Spring, Week 2: Burst]
« on: June 05, 2016, 02:54:09 am »

So this is exile.

Or no, not "exile." "A minor setback," is what you think you're supposed to call it if you don't want the psychopath that got you into this mess in the first place savagely beating you with a stick while screaming about how everything is going according to plan. Because clearly, desperately scrabbling to build a self-sufficient fortress in a forsaken wasteland where nothing lives by choice is what happens when everything is under control.

Still, it could be worse. You still have your magic and you still have your ambition, and a gaggle of "allies" claiming to possess the same. Your boss, while an unspeakable jackass, is nonetheless a powerhouse in terms of raw ability, and your surroundings aren't so bad that it's impossible to live inside them, just incredibly unlikely. With a bit of hard work, a great deal of cunning, and more luck than you can possibly expect to get, you just might turn this wasteland into a thriving seat of power after all.

Alternatively, your bones might look really tastefully arranged out here in the wastes. It's important to look on the bright side, after all.

Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mundane Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Principle Schools (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elemental Schools (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Leaders (click to show/hide)

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Primary Skill:[/b] You begin with a single skill at +5 (Master). You're very good at it!
[b]Secondary Skills:[/b] You begin with two skills at +3 (Adept). You're pretty good with them.
[b]Tertiary Skills:[/b] You begin with three skills at +1 (Novice). You're familiar with their basics.
[b]Physical Description:[/b] What you look like.
[b]Mental Description:[/b] It's what's on the inside that counts.
[b]Bio:[/b] What's a pretty little thing like you doing in a place like this?
Code: (Embark Sheet) [Select]
[b]Leader Preference:[/b] Who's in charge of this catastrophe?

[b]Terrain:[/b]
Mountainous +2
Hilly +1
Rolling -1
Even -2
Flat -1
Silty +1
Swampy +2

[b]Temperature:[/b]
Scorching +2
Hot +1
Warm -1
Temperate -2
Cool -1
Cold +1
Freezing +2

[b]Moisture:[/b]
Waterlogged +2
Wet +1
Moist -1
Balanced -2
Arid -1
Dry +1
Parched +2

[b]Vegetation:[/b]
Impassable +2
Overgrown +1
Lush -1
Healthy -2
Sparse -1
Barren +1
Sterile +2

[b]Savagery:[/b]
Prehistoric +2
Hardcore +1
Harsh -1
Natural -2
Soft -1
Pansy +1
Fairytale +2

[b]Feature 1:[/b] Any number of general opportunities or benefits, usually at the cost of 1 point each. Examples might include unusually fertile soil, frequent healing herbs, friendly locals, or pleasant weather.

[b]Hazard 1:[/b] Any number of general dangers or obstacles, usually providing 1 point each. Examples might include especially obnoxious pests, vengeful spirits of the dead, unusually poor mineral yields, or unstable geography.

Once a general embark location has been agreed upon, several specific sites will be generated for players to choose from. For each embark point above 3, a beneficial feature specific to that site will be generated, such as a waterfall or local friendly tribe. For each embark point below 3, the site will possess a hazard specific to that site, such as a nest of giant hungry eagles or suspicious nearby caves. This does mean that -3 is your "base" embark point value.
6 players initially, chosen by random selection. Waitlist available, and hopefully useful for future migrants.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:45:20 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:17:02 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Exile [Recruiting!]
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 02:55:34 am »

Final post just in case. Oh sure, you laugh, but I had to cut out sample embark sites because they pushed the OP over the character limit.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 03:21:56 am »

PTW.

Name: Harry Kelln
Primary Skill: Vitamancy
Secondary Skills: Communion, Summoning
Tertiary Skills: Persuasive Speech, Enchanting, Protection
Physical Description: Harry Kelln looks to be the very picture of health, which is largely due to his skill in the field of Vitamancy. His hair color and skin tone are excellent. He generally dresses in rather heavy, leathery and undyed robes.
Mental Description: Harry has keen interests in seeing just how far the physical body can go with the assistance of magic, and seems to be pretty imaginative in what exactly he does with his subjects, though he generally modifies them while they are asleep or otherwise unable to feel pain, out of sympathy. He is rather sensitive to his subjects and assistants, and generally prefers them to be in the peak of health, both for his own sake and so that they can do their jobs easily. He is generally courteous to allies and friends.
Bio: Harry was well-known for his ability to heal all ails, and many nobles have visited him throughout his career to receive his miracle cures. However, his experiments were viewed as unethical by some (which, looking back, was pretty reasonable) and in the growing hostility of the populace he was associated with the recent events and cast out with them. He did, in fact, live on the now-evicted baron's land, and aided them in their pursuits, mostly out of loyalty to them rather than actually wanting to do it (he had better things to do). However, this is a good opportunity for Harry to start really looking into the astral communications, which he was shunned for (many saw this as akin to dealing with the devil).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:18:51 am by Pencil_Art »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 03:47:09 am »

@Ironyowl, I assume there's synergy between Protection and Artifice?

Name: Karon
Primary Skill: Necromancy
Secondary Skills: Vitamancy & Enchanting
Tertiary Skills: Destruction, Protection, Persuasion
Physical Description: An obsidian skinned humanoid thoroughly hidden inside voluminous robes of a dark red, stitched with intricate patterns and arcane runes in gold and silver thread, his face shrouded in darkness beneath a deep cowl.
Mental Description: Karon is driven by a deepseated hubris and ambition. He views himself as inherently better than the common rabble, and even other mages as barely worthy of conversing and interacting with. He focuses his efforts on improving his own powers, working towards reaching the pinnacle of magical power, and becoming an immortal archwizard. He hides his seething contempt with a silver tongue however, knowing that the best way to advance to his goal is by treading upon the willing backs of his lessers.
Bio: Under the auspices of a petty tyrant, Karon had been advancing his arcane knowledge by experimenting on the local populace and their souls. When an outraged mob led by some enterprising heroes had eventually ousted the baron, it was all Karon could do to escape with his life intact.

Leader Preference: Baron Polmarop

Terrain:
Mountainous +2
Temperature:
Scorching +2
Moisture:
Parched +2
Vegetation:
Barren +1
Savagery:
Prehistoric +2

Feature 1: Abundant Megabeast Fossils (the mountains are fossils?  ???)
Hazard 1: Hostile Ghosts of Megabeasts
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:57:32 am by Demonic Spoon »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 03:54:05 am »

6 players initially, chosen by random selection.

Aaaugh
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 08:44:24 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 08:51:58 am »

It'd be convenient if we brought along a gaggle of elementalists to help with our magic and learn elementalism from. Jus' sayin'.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:41:38 am by Demonic Spoon »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 09:17:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 09:39:03 am »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 09:49:05 am »

Oh. This seems interesting. I'll try to see if I can think of an interesting enough character (although I probablllly won't be getting a sheet in today). Baron Von Catfish seems like the clearly best choice.

Question, if you want to change someones mind, would that fall under flesh? Maybe flesh+Transmutation or something?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:10:09 am by Criptfeind »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 10:13:27 am »

Question, if you want to change someones mind, would that fall under flesh? Maybe flesh+Transmutation or something?
Probably Mind Element

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 10:27:49 am »

Name: Sir Knightly
Primary Skill: Transmutation
Secondary Skills: Melee combat and Earth Element(Metal if possible)
Tertiary Skills: Blunt weapons,Transmogrification, seduction
Physical Description: A large muscular bearded man clad in armor. He stands almost seven feet tall, and has a beautiful golden beard. He's pleasing to look at, in a rugged knightly sort of way.
Mental Description: He is a friendly man who cares deeply about those who have earned his favor. He will go the extra mile to defend the weak and right a wrong. Very friendly, sometimes too friendly...
Bio: You find it doubtful that his name is actually Sir Knightly, but that's what everyone seems to call him. He's a nice man who doesn't talk about his history much. Yet rumors to his origin are whispered quietly behind closed doors. Rumor has it that he was once head of a powerful Baron's military. Using metal and transmutation magic to strengthen himself in battle, he was a powerful force all on his own. But when it was discovered that the same magics were being used on the baron's wife, Kinghtly was exiled.

Leader Preference: Baroness Sugarpetal

Terrain:
Mountainous +2
Temperature:
Cold +1
Moisture:
Moist -1
Vegetation:
Overgrown +1
Savagery:
Prehistoric +2
Feature 1: Frequent metal veins.

(Let me know if I filled anything out improperly.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 10:56:09 am »

Ooh boy.
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Land (click to show/hide)
So this embark is an evil savage glacier, check.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 11:13:22 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2016, 11:41:58 am »

I couldn't decide on a character. Just randomly pick one for me if I'm selected. (Please, not the catfish guy with Angercrash. I'd be graveyarded in the prologue.)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 07:47:24 pm by Nirur Torir »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12