Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Arcane Exile [Early Spring, Week 2: Burst]  (Read 20968 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Exile [Turn 0a: Devastation]
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2016, 08:02:54 pm »

I'd say the beach is a close second to the clearly superior echoing abyss. Which has, and I quote. Terrible spider things blah blah blah you're all going to die blah blah blah Cannibals etc etc end quote. Clearly superior.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2016, 08:09:19 pm »

Oi why am i not on the waitlist yet!
I was gonna do it later! Since I need to update the waitlist with brief descriptions anyway.

Waitlisters get to be tiebreakers, right? Because I think that the Echoing Abyss sounds like a good way to make spots for waitlisters.
Wow this is tempting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2016, 08:41:14 am »

Is a possible strategy build giant walls and dig trenches around them then fill those trenches with fire/water? Because that might work to help me survive...
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2016, 12:53:42 pm »

I am relying on people to help me survive, since I don't have any heavy hitting skills, please keep that in mind.

My skillset will let me Help others really well though.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2016, 01:00:06 pm »

I'm not even in yet I'm just trying to figure out how to survive when I am. If you're still around by then I'll try to protect you though.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2016, 04:12:36 am »

Year 1, Early Spring: Everything Went Better Than Expected!

The Late Winter Blood Moon goes about as well as you'd expect- lots of screaming, lashing tentacles, and wagons being shattered by breaches in your feeble attempts to stay alive. Everyone makes it through in the end, though, so... hurray.

Looking out over your new home, you can't help but feel even more despair than usual. For some reason you've settled at a literal chasm to the underworld, a faint trebling roar echoing up even now. You cannot wait to be eaten alive by spiders.

"Magnificent, my minions! Our victory is at hand!"

Needless to say, that feathered jackass didn't help much during the Blood Moon, unless you count ranting about your coming victory as helping. You doubt his inclination to save you from the spiders.

"Go forth, my soldiers, and lay the foundations for our mighty empire!"

It idly occurs to you that, as petty magical nobles, none of you are very good at menial labor. Polmarop himself might be a noteworthy exception, being a master craftsbird and all, but his odds of assisting with anything practical are... not great.

Oh yes, and half your supplies are scattered about, on account of the Blood Moon and all.

So. You're standing on a jagged field of rocks, with a yawning chasm to one side and steeper rocks to the other. Most of your supplies will take some effort to recover or are lost completely, and neither you nor your allies are especially good at living off the land.

"Onward, minions! Oooooooooooooonwaaaaaaaard!"

Spoiler: Known Supplies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player Stats (click to show/hide)
griffinpup: Survival feels like it might be kind of broad, since it'd basically be made up of a bunch of other possible skills. You could keep it as a fairly barebones "find water and figure out what's food" type skill, but properly surviving in the wilds would generally be Herbalism, Trapping, and so on rather than a single skill.
Roboson: Melee and Blunt are both too broad, you'll need replacements.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Harry goes about and surveys the area, trying to discern what amount of labor you'd need to get all the supplies back to a centralized, safe location.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Harry goes about and surveys the area, trying to discern what amount of labor you'd need to get all the supplies back to a centralized, safe location.
Centralized? It's spread out over a really wide, hard to search area; gathering it up would be more akin to herbalism than hauling. You'd estimate it could take weeks, but as with herbalism it's probably hard to say until you get out there and keep or stop finding more material.

Safe? Haha, right. Good one.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Any plans for getting a base of operations set up?"

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

-Action 1-

I Inform EVERYONE EXESSIVELY that I am going to do this, I create Pools of Liquid Ice in the Very Nearby wilderness and around camp, with an indicator so people can tell they are there, but Animals and unintelligent beings may not, The Indicator is the Differently colored soil surrounding an ice pool, created via Conjuration

I Use Alchemy and Ice Elementalism to create the liquid Ice from one Unit of Doof Blood, and whatever liquid is available commonly.

The Intent is that the ones in the Wilderness are Traps, and the ones around home are for Storing Things

-Action 2-

The Doof Skull and Doof Cloth are used to Call forth a Basic Permanent Demonic Spider made from Hair, using Conjuration to summon more of Nero's Hair, Summoning to bind the Spider to it, and Hair Elementalism to create it's Physical body. It's first Job is to Excrete and Weave a Web Of Cloth around our home, leaving an entrance on both sides, the intent is to create the most basic walls and a floor.  Conjuration is used to summon more Doof Fur for weaving as needed.

If Prompted by someone else, The Demonic Spider will instead Use Gathered Materials to Perform another task, such as reinforcing a wall that they make.

"And so that is my plan for my part of the job, Any questions?"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:32:22 am by Shadestyle »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((See, if you'd brought Stormbinger, the firestorm guy, your problems would all have ended by now.
There is a typo in the waitlist. He binges on storm creation, instead of bringing storms. That 'r' may look like an unimportant difference, but it is critical to understanding the many varied and colorful nuances of this character. With it, his upcoming character arc simply won't make much sense, and will instead look like the the lunatic stumblings of someone who just wants to thoughtlessly "solve" all of his problems by tossing high-explosives randomly about.))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tove waved her hand dismissively towards Nero nodding her head. "Yes yes. Sounds like a fine plan to me. Feel free to get on with whatever it was that you said." She said unconcernedly as she surveyed their new 'home'. "Oh. How awful. Where are we even suppose to live? No mansion, no servants.  How terrible! We must fix this inadequacy at once. There were some groups of local barbarians around yes? As their new lords I think it's only natural that we go to greet them, and bring some of them back to here to start constructing our new abode."

Her eight legs scraping over the uneven ground, Tove moves closer to Polmarop and says to him "Don't you think it'd be a wonderful idea? If we're to restore your certainly glorious empire from here, we're going to need to make sure the local tribes know exactly how subjugated they are first!" Turning to the rest of the group she continued "We should have an expedition to gather servants, if any of you.... People. Don't have something else more pressing to do, I'll graciously invite you to come along with me to help pick out some proper workers." she finishes magnanimously.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Albert glanced at the monster-woman-thing, nodding at her plan to gather servants. "I may be able to help with those barbarians. Fire and sword can be a very convincing pair, after all."

Action 1: Attend Tove's expedition to gather barbarian servants/workers. Be useful, maybe kill things if needed. Graciously cede leadership of the expedition to her.

Albert would glance around at the other exiles, shrugging. "I am hardly a builder, so I won't be starting any projects of my own for a long while. If any of you need my assistance, ask."

Action 2: Try to be available to help anybody who needs my help, magical or non-magical. If I'm not needed, then just stand guard to make sure we aren't all murdered by monsters.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Can Albert Protect Nero while he creates the Ice Traps?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

If you don't post your actions, ambitious waitlisters might feast on your bones and usurp your position.

"Any plans for getting a base of operations set up?"
If you're talking to Polmarop, he starts going on a long and contradictory rant about grand temples and such. You notice a distinct lack of, for instance, food or water in this tirade. Or beds that aren't made of solid gold, or... let's just say he has some wonderful long term plans that probably don't help your current situation.

If your prior experience is any indication, he'll probably figure something out if you don't, but the things he figures out often aren't what you might have wanted, and sometimes involve just declaring certain people in charge of certain things. It's usually better to handle things on your own where possible.

((See, if you'd brought Stormbinger, the firestorm guy, your problems would all have ended by now.
There is a typo in the waitlist. He binges on storm creation, instead of bringing storms. That 'r' may look like an unimportant difference, but it is critical to understanding the many varied and colorful nuances of this character. With it, his upcoming character arc simply won't make much sense, and will instead look like the the lunatic stumblings of someone who just wants to thoughtlessly "solve" all of his problems by tossing high-explosives randomly about.))
Well we can't have errors in the charred rubble that was once the hall of records. Think of the scandal!

Her eight legs scraping over the uneven ground, Tove moves closer to Polmarop and says to him "Don't you think it'd be a wonderful idea? If we're to restore your certainly glorious empire from here, we're going to need to make sure the local tribes know exactly how subjugated they are first!"
"Quite! QUIIIIIIIIIIIIITE!"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12