Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Arcane Exile [Early Spring, Week 2: Burst]  (Read 20991 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Exile [Turn 0a: Devastation]
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2016, 01:34:24 pm »

((What are Successes and Flaws? are they in the OP?

Nevermind

What are THESE successes for?))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:40:09 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2016, 01:49:34 pm »

((And, is the waitlist sorted in any particular order, or is it whoever got the most successes out of the waitlisters joins next? Or, is it randomised again?))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2016, 02:16:16 pm »

one die per vote for lords.
I thought sugarpetal had three votes.
EDIT:Yep sugarpetal had three votes, will probably end up as the next lord.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 02:23:07 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2016, 03:10:19 pm »

What are THESE successes for?
Who got in/which leader was picked.

((And, is the waitlist sorted in any particular order, or is it whoever got the most successes out of the waitlisters joins next? Or, is it randomised again?))
Randomized again.

one die per vote for lords.
I thought sugarpetal had three votes.
EDIT:Yep sugarpetal had three votes, will probably end up as the next lord.
Hence the (+1 late) afterwards, since her third vote came after I had already rolled the first two. Coming up with specific embark sites took way longer than I expected.

Her rolls still sucked.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

UristmcLibash

• Bay Watcher
  • Gaurding guard is guarding
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2016, 03:43:04 pm »

Fuck it this is too good to pass up even if i have to use my phone 99% of the time.

God damn phone making this as fucking difficult as possible.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 03:48:22 pm by UristmcLibash »
Eh,ye want a sig text from me? Well to bad.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2016, 11:47:47 pm »

Harry surveyed the sites with disapproval, and looked at his...companions.

"Well, those shadowy beings near those huge skeletons look very interesting, and no mistake.

Vote for The Fallen

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2016, 07:13:16 pm »

ptw

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2016, 08:49:29 pm »

Hmm...  You know, I've always wanted an aquarium.  And you know how beachfront property is ALL the rage nowdays.  Really fellas, isn't this a simple choice?  I mean, it's not like that dreadful hole in the ground or that dreary skeleton place can really hold a candle to the lighthouse on a hill.

Isias votes Starshard Beach

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2016, 12:34:01 pm »

Harry surveyed the sites with disapproval, and looked at his...companions.

"Well, those shadowy beings near those huge skeletons look very interesting, and no mistake.

Vote for The Fallen
"And the conditions for mutation seem to be easy to invoke or avoid as well, especially when considering that I can gate in beings of pure Good and Evil."

I vote for the Fallen!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2016, 12:41:52 pm »

Sheet edited.

Irony, may you please repost the list of characters who got in, but with their major affinities and usernames in parentheses next to their names?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2016, 12:51:39 pm »

Would it be possible for me to take two more +1 affinities in the place of one of my +3 affinities?

Is Infusion magic only useful for limited-use items? In other words, can it only give magical objects "fuel", or can it permanently attune an object to a type of magic?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:53:40 pm by ATHATH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Exile [Recruiting!]
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2016, 07:15:08 pm »

How are our votes looking, three way tie? Good, good.

2 Echoing Abyss (Cript, Player)
2 Starshard (Shade, griffin)
2 Fallen (Pencil, ATHATH)

Sheet edited.

Irony, may you please repost the list of characters who got in, but with their major affinities and usernames in parentheses next to their names?
Oh, sure.

Harry Kelln (Pencil_Art): Vitamancy; Communion, Summoning; Persuasion, Enchanting, Protection
Albert Stone (Playergamer): Fire; Destruction, Swords; Courtly Manners, Dodging, Dancing
Sir Knightly (Roboson): Transmutation; Melee, Metal Elementalism; Blunt, Transmogrification, Seduction
Isias Reborn (griffinpup): Vitamancy; Protection, Earth; Water, Survival, Dodging
Tove Ashwringer (Criptfeind): Flesh Elementalism; Transmogrification, Transmutation; Mind Elementalism, Seduction, Silk Weaving
Lorkotol (ATHATH): Blue Magic; Runecrafting, Gating; Communion, Protection, Diplomacy
Nero Deserter (Shadestyle): Hair Elementalism; Summoning, Conjuration; Alchemy, Communion, Ice

Would it be possible for me to take two more +1 affinities in the place of one of my +3 affinities?
I suppose so. It's a little easier because you get to skip the fun negative levels, but mathematically you could get a pair of +2 skills for the same XP cost, so I guess I'd let you do that.

Is Infusion magic only useful for limited-use items? In other words, can it only give magical objects "fuel", or can it permanently attune an object to a type of magic?
Depends on which skills it's supporting or supported by. Its main thing is stuffing a bunch of power into something, which on its own is hard to use for anything except fuel. With or as the right supporting skills, arranging the power to do something or focusing on the attunement of the item itself becomes quite feasible.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

UristmcLibash

• Bay Watcher
  • Gaurding guard is guarding
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2016, 07:20:16 pm »

Oi why am i not on the waitlist yet!
Eh,ye want a sig text from me? Well to bad.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2016, 07:27:01 pm »

Waitlisters get to be tiebreakers, right? Because I think that the Echoing Abyss sounds like a good way to make spots for waitlisters.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2016, 07:32:57 pm »

Hey, just sayin', the best spot is totally the beach.  Having several biomes is awesome, and water biomes is soo cool.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12