Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I keep it a Nuzlocke?

Yes.
- 3 (100%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Yes, but able to choose more pokemon instead of only one for area.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Black Roulette Nuzlocke!  (Read 1748 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

POKÉMON PLATINUM ROULETTE NUZLOCKE AND POKÉMON BLACK ROULETTE NUZLOCKE

Hello everyone! It has been a while since the last time I have been around , and while I am still not sure how active I will be, I decided to at least post both of the new series I had been working on. For now I am not sure how fast the project will go, as I still need to gather more friends to tag along for the Platinum series plus wait for one of them get a headset for  their gaming pc. That and we had an unexpected issue in the first episode, so I had to make a few changes to the game to avoid the palette issue we had with the trainer's backsprite. As for the Pokémon Black run, it will probably run smoothly, as it is going to be a solo run.
----
I honestly never played gen 4, so this was the perfect opportunity to give it a shot, but instead of going with the normal game I decided to make things a little more... Interesting. So a lot of things were randomized in this game; pokémon encounters, starters, abilities, and the base power, accuracy and PP of all moves! And a few other things that you will find out during the game.

I was also planning to get Pokemon Black 2 going, but I will save it for when I have some people to tag along, so instead I will be doing a solo run on Pokemon Black. Maybe after I finish Platinum I will give Pokemon Black 2 a shot.

The "Roulette" part stands for the randomized part, this will be a luck-based game, as I can get a good pokémon with a terrible ability and moveset, or get a bad pokémon with a great moveset.  With the base power, accuracy and PP of moves being changed, it is impossible to tell how effective a move will be against your team!

Playlists: First Playlist and Second Playlist

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Black Roulette Nuzlocke!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 04:10:52 pm »

Episode 2 is up!

Also,  I would really appreciate if you guys could help me to figure out the type of the pokemon I fought against today, and the type of the moves they had been using! I am trying to make a notepad here based on those to make sure I won't forget in the future.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:21:07 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 07:03:32 pm »

Episode 3 is up!
Starting to have second thoughts about the Nuzlocke part, haha. Especially because we don't get to test/see all the pokemon changes this way. Plus it is an opportunity to make this an interactive LP, as in letting you guys choose which pokemon are going to join the party.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 12:02:33 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 01:52:34 pm »

I am not sure how many people are following/watching this series, but this might be a good moment to voice your opinion. Just in case you want it to be at least a bit interactive.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 10:03:41 pm »

Episode 4 is up!

Also, please do express your opinion if you are watching this series. There are currently three option for us: Keep this as a complete nuzlocke; keep a nuzlocke but free to pick any pokemon we find-But if it faints, it is still going to the DED box or fully drop the nuzlocke. Also if we choose the second or third option, make sure to give some suggestions! I have two boxes full and a few more in the other, and I do need to form up a new team.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 08:06:14 pm »

Episode 5 is up!

Also, I might keep it as a Nuzlocke for now based on the votes. But should I try to catch that Vespiquen again? Getting FIVE hits and the last one being a crit was pretty stupid. :T