Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager: Switch Repeating Perpetual Orders Back to "Check" Mode When Canceled  (Read 2132 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Using an infinite repeating conditional work order currently checks the condition once, and is then treated as a regular infinite order ever after. This is practically useless, since an infinite one-time conditional order works the same.

Instead, it should go back to checking conditions whenever one of the related workshop jobs cancel. The current behavior (one-time starting condition) could still be available for non-repeating infinite orders.

The interface could also be clearer about what the quantity represents (batch size) for conditional orders, as well as let you adjust it afterwards. Infinite on repeating orders would be changed to read "(as many as possible)" on the conditions screen, instead of not appearing. It could read "(non-stop)" for one-time orders.

Another thing I find missing is a way to manually pause an order without removing it. Sometimes supply problems occur, and it'd be nice to shut off the cancel spam while it's sorted.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:24:40 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm fairly sure this current behavior is a bug

And if this is actually working as intended - this should definitely be tweaked to actually respect the conditions. Now more than next decade as the feature is still fresh.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

I'm fairly sure this current behavior is a bug

And if this is actually working as intended - this should definitely be tweaked to actually respect the conditions. Now more than next decade as the feature is still fresh.
I don't think it's a bug. The quantity determines how many items are made in a batch (not total) before switching back to "check" mode. Infinite quantity means that the batch never finishes. This is logically consistent with how the system works, but not desirable. We don't want carefully measured X quantity batches aborting because of temporary unavailability, so the general behavior needs to remain.

Unintuitive, but not a bug. The interface could be clearer about what the quantity represents for conditional orders, as well as let you adjust it afterwards.

It shows the quantity when you actually have a number set, which is what clued me in as to what was actually happening:

Infinite on repeating orders would be changed to read "(as many as possible)" on the conditions screen, instead of the current nothing. It could read "(non-stop)" for single-time orders. The quantities could also be separated (i.e., one inside and one outside of conditions) if someone desired a limit on the total number of items made.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 11:15:15 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Added some stuff to my posts. Clarified some things. Thread title now slightly different.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 11:07:35 am by Bumber »