Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I'm looking for a Ramp macro  (Read 2700 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm looking for a Ramp macro
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 12:02:53 pm »

I like double spiral, one for the fortress proper, the other for cave exploration for mercenary squads. 

It's a 3-wide ramp around a 2x2 pillar. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 01:06:31 pm »

Pillar just for aesthetics?
Do you keep one corner of a level for stockpile(s)?

Hm, without the pillar seems like every workshop has two other workshops within 3 walking tiles, 1 more within 4,5, 4 more within 5...

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 03:43:47 pm »

For aesthetic.

Can also be expanded into 4-wide with inner spiral full of cage traps.

(I think) If you make is a 1x1 central pillar, you can cross over diagonally and treat the whole thing as one central spiral. 

But I like the two separate, with a tavern that leads down to caverns' "Adventures Unlimited" for visitors and mercenaries.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 10:30:13 pm »

Hm, I just had an interesting thought on something that increases the efficiency of some non-spiraling ramp forts:

When laying out the workshops, you can channel holes into 2 corners beforehand, floor them over, build the workshop & then deconstruct the floors. Afterwards, you can put a track stop between the 2 ramps beneath the workshops, for essentially functional quantum stockpile single step from workshop center - matching an obsidian-cast one having a QSP right beneath.

(Yeah, you can dump things straight on top of workshops as well, but that requires "take from links only" stockpiles, which doesn't work out for every item.)

Kinda difficult to calculate the benefit without planning out the industries beforehand, though.
Pages: 1 [2]