Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Books stuck inside tables?  (Read 1041 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Books stuck inside tables?
« on: March 23, 2018, 08:27:38 am »

I'm suffering from books stuck inside tables. If you look at the tables with 'k' it says it's a table, but if you look at it with 't' the books are listed. I had a previous batch I got back into circulation by deconstructing the tables, but now I've got a new one, with one table containing about 3 books and another one containing an unwritten quire. None of them is TSK:ed. Is it known what causes this, and is there a work around?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Books stuck inside tables?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 09:23:44 am »

Not sure, but are the tables in a library or are the books piling up on random tables around your fort?

Seems like there was a bug similar to this that was supposed to have been fixed already, so are you playing the newest version?  I think in that bug the books were marked as part of a task though, so it might be new.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Books stuck inside tables?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 12:36:45 pm »

The tables are in the library (I should have mentioned that) and I'm playing 0.44.05 (which I should have mentioned as well). I know of the interrupted writing bug that's fixed in the latest version, but my symptoms don't seem to match (although the quire inside one table indicates someone tried to write on it). I'm not aware of any books being written for quite a few years, although I've seen a fair bit of pondering a discussion.

Edit: Interestingly, the quire is gone a fair while later, so I assume someone actually wrote something on it (and there's not a book stuck inside that table either).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:40:49 pm by PatrikLundell »