Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Carnage Fiesta 1999 X Reloaded - Chapter 6: Discount Bloodbath  (Read 41499 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Carnage Fiesta 1999 X Reloaded - Chapter 6: Discount Bloodbath
« Reply #315 on: July 10, 2016, 10:42:43 am »

You can do it in-browser you know.

More things, apparently it's mostly because of the time it takes to actually write a turn. 4-6 hours, apparently.

And of course take everything I say with a grain of salt; I'm not the GM and I'm not a mind reader.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 10, 2016, 11:19:04 am »

I know I could probably do it in-browser, but I was on mobile when I wrote that. Still on mobile by the way.

And yeah, you aren't a mind reader, and don't know everything. You're still a big help at the moment for those who are, in fact, on mobiles without Discord. Thanks.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Ragenaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 10, 2016, 02:01:31 pm »

Name: A'a'ftu'ung shung
Appearance: A tall, skinny alien about 8 feet tall. Has long needle teeth and claws like scalpels.
Backstory: Coming from a land where there's no death, it comes to rescue people from all death, by gifting others with horrible, eternal life.

Abilities:
1. Super Sharp claws, usually laced with its Cure
2. Piercing teeth that injects its Cure
3. The Cure, whoever is infected with it gains complete immortality, at the cost of horrible cancer and painful, maddening transformation of the body. Those infected experience a eternal life of agony.
4.Regeneration from most wounds. acids, fire, and other things that destroy at a molecular level cannot be healed, and must be replaced.
5.Constant state of evolution. This attribute is random, and changes every few turns.

Equipment:
1. A cloak that disguises its true form. Looks with it on, and when slouching over
2. ?
3. ?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 10, 2016, 11:10:04 pm »

I have been neglecting this game. Like a pestilence, I admit. As much as I hate to admit it, it is really hard for me to get something out of this game comparable to what I put in. That's nothing against the players, rather it's on the system that I've invented, and we now reach a point where a game, meant to minimize stress and salt and be little more than an entertaining diversion, has evolved into something where balance and carefully calculated and precise moves over a large numbers of players reigns. While this might be fine for some other GMs who look very precise and calculated games, I am not one of those GMs, and only realize this too late. It takes me roughly 4-6 hours to finish a turn, most of which is performing calculations and creating results, while I would rather spend that time making a fun, original and creative game at the expense of some logic and precision.

At this point, I am strongly reconsidering revamping this game, though I warn that it would take on a much fluffier, sillier and purposely balanced-but-not-that-much-honestly system, as well as being cooperative and not focused on Player-against-Player.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 10, 2016, 11:13:16 pm »

i approve
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 11, 2016, 12:21:49 am »

At this point, I am strongly reconsidering revamping this game, though I warn that it would take on a much fluffier, sillier and purposely balanced-but-not-that-much-honestly system, as well as being cooperative and not focused on Player-against-Player.
The only thing i disagree with is it cooperative, i want to kill other players not npc's, then again that's just my opinion.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 11, 2016, 12:37:13 am »

The only thing i disagree with is it cooperative, i want to kill other players not npc's, then again that's just my opinion.

As Elephant Parade acutely pointed out, PvP combat encourages hyper-balancing and minmaxing. I understand that this version of this game may not necessarily appeal to everyone playing this one, and I would not be insulted if some, or even most, of you did not join it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2016, 03:28:10 am »

co-op is fine
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2016, 06:11:25 am »

Honestly, the idea of different real, fictional, and OC characters fighting Boss Battles or what have you in enticing. Co-Op is perfectly fine.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 11, 2016, 08:16:14 am »

Hm. I feel that most of the interest comes from the PvP aspect...

I have a third option to suggest, however.
Revamp this into a team based game(3 or 4 teams) competing for some objective. More cooperation, still keeps the PvP aspect.

Might want to set up a poll.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 11, 2016, 08:23:21 am »

Revamp this into a team based game(3 or 4 teams) competing for some objective. More cooperation, still keeps the PvP aspect.

There'd be more cooperation, sure, but still the same amount of PvP, so you'd get the same amount of hyper-balancing—or more, since you'd also have to worry about balancing teams against each other.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 11, 2016, 09:11:51 am »

I like this new idea very much, what you described right there? That is exactly the kind of game that I WANT to play, a game that's just silly and fun, I'm actually playing an extremely similar game to that idea right now on another forum.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 11, 2016, 09:17:47 am »

Yep. I like the new idea, I'm in.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2016, 10:29:48 am »

Honestly, the idea of different real, fictional, and OC characters fighting Boss Battles or what have you in enticing. Co-Op is perfectly fine.

I was thinking, based on the success of it in one of my other games, to have a team (possibly teams) of characters visiting various dimensions/timelines and trying to fix the things that went wrong. It's like a Trespassers game infused with some Doctor Who, if Doctor Who was a fictional expy beating the shit out of problems with vidya game/anime/historical/etc. powers instead of being an intergalatic weirdo in a phone booth.

Either way, the system would be much simplified, which I believe will mostly come in part to it not being pure PvP and thus removing the need to min-max characters to be able to have distinct advantages over other player characters.

I'll take this into account, but I can not set up a poll at this point. Not that I don't care about player opinion, but I feel like this time I have to make my own decision in order to create something that I can control and enjoy in maintaining and GM'ing.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24