Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: Carnage Fiesta 1999 X Reloaded - Chapter 6: Discount Bloodbath  (Read 41507 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey.

You there.

Whatchu' doing? Playing RPG games on a forum? What do those games have? Plots? Character Development ? Standardized rules?

Sometimes it's fun to play those kind of games. I run some of them.

And sometimes you need to take your favorite video game/anime/movie/book/oc/whateverthefuckyouwant character and have them stomp some motherfuckers.

This is for that.

Welcome to the Fiesta y'all.

The main premise of this game is you making any character you want, and putting them in an arena to kill other characters while I get to do one of my favorite things as a GM and write elaborate and explicit details of the carnage.

*This is a casual arena game where you can be whatever character you want, literally whatever. A superhero, a historical figure, a terrible OC you designed in middle school, your dad, anyone. Your character spawns into an arena and their goal is to kill other characters 10 time without dying. Do this and they win. In the game, they receive one Dragon-Ball style wish for their victory, while you as a player will get to decide the location for the next battle.

*You're allowed to design your character as you see fit, but I have the right to balance them so they aren't ridiculously OP. The goal of this game isn't to prove who is the strongest character/best Mary Sue, it's for some crazy-ass fights to go down. I'm fine with you being a super strong guy, but I intend for this shit to be bananas, you're going to see Bob the Builder shanking Goku to death with a rusty screwdriver. Superman getting gnawed to death by anime hamsters. That's what we're talking about.

*Oh look, your character was just gruesomely eliminated. Time to get on the waitlist right? Nope, no waitlist, just say you want to respawn and next turn you will be back. The only penalty for death is resetting of your total Kill Count back to 0. Expect to kill and be killed frequently. Alternatively, you can make a new character and spawn them in instead. ~Do what you want~

*Also, no player cap until things get totally out of hand.

*For each kill your character gets they will receive an additional Ability from the Superpower Wiki. I can can define the limitations of these Abilities as necessary to prevent broken OP characters, so don't make your strategy to hope you randomly get the Omnipotence ability.

*A standard D10 will be used for all conventional rolls. Health will be kept track of in the abstract "Chunky Salsa" system instead of HP.

*Combat will be done in [X vs. Y] format, where X is the attacker and Y is the defender. If X>Y, the attacker does damage based mainly on the difference between X and Y, (A [8 vs. 3] roll is going to do much more damage than a [4 vs. 2]. Other factors come into play too like the weapon being used, shield/armor if the defender has any, the situation itself, etc. So the same roll would have a different outcome when applied to a normal punch and in a different instance, a giant plasma beam.) If Y>X, the defender is unharmed and will perform a basic counter-attack if possible. If X=Y, neither character is harmed.

*A character can perform up to two Actions a turn with no penalties. Fighting, using Abilities, Running to a distant part of the arena and Hiding are all examples of Actions. A character can perform unlimited actions but each additional action over two will be penalized, the third action will incur a -1, the fourth a -3, the fifth -5, etc.
*New Ruling*: Additional penalized actions during a turn, (ex. -1 for a third action, -3 for a fourth, etc.) no longer have the penalization applied to just that action, but all rolls during that turn. This means that if you performs four actions in a turn, you will receive a -3 to all rolls for the duration of that turn, including defending against attackers as well as -3 to counter-attacks as well.

Abilities:
Anyone can swing a sword or shoot a gun, this is the stuff that makes your character kick ass. They come in two forms:

Active: Using these Abilities takes up an Action. Examples:
Ki-Blast (Active) - Fires a ranged energy blast at an opponent that explodes on contact.
Slice N' Dice (Active) - Unleashes a rapid flurry of sword strikes on the opponent.
Cloak - (Active) Turn invisible. Can not attack while invisible, briefly turns visible if successfully hit by an opponent. 1 Turn Cooldown.
Machine Gun Funk (Active) - Completely empty out two guns on a maximum of 4 opponents. This Ability uses up 2 Actions.
Heal - (Active) Magically restore wounds on self or another character.

Passive: Are not "used" but activate under specific conditions.
Made of Iron (Passive) - All damage is slightly lessened.
Regeneration (Passive) - Heals a small amount of damage each turn automatically.
Impenetrable Mind (Passive) - Resistant to mental attacks.
Make the Devil Wait (Passive) - The first attack that would kill this character is negated.
Small (Passive) - This character is smaller than normal, giving them a +1 to all defensive rolls. However, successful hits damage them slightly more than normal.

Equipment:
Each character can bring in up to 3 pieces of equipment into battle. Like Abilities, if they are OP they will be adjusted. (If a piece of Equipment is overpowered, it can possibly be fixed by making it also have a negative value, or requiring the use of an Ability to wield it properly.) Looting a piece of Equipment from a dead character counts as an Action. Examples:

Katana - Cuts through flesh and bone like hot butter.
Assault Rifle - Combines accuracy, firepower and potential as a prop in a Rap video.
Gatling Laser Cannon - For when regular laser cannons aren't enough. After it has been used, requires a turn of Reloading to be used again.
Cursed Blade - An eerie black blade that glows with feint demonic energy. Doubles damage dealt as well as damaged received.
S.W.A.T. Armor - Does a decent job of protecting the wearer against low-caliber firearms and blades.
Wizard Hunting Armor - Greatly lowers the wearer's injuries from magical attacks.
Mystical Headband - This ordinary looking headband fills its wearer with enough energy for them to perform 3 Actions a turn without penalty and only a -2 penalty to 4 Actions. The Headband also causes them to become more forgetful, so they may only have 3 Abilities.

Character Sheet:
Name: If producible.
Appearance: If visible.
Backstory: Optional

Abilities:

Equipment:

Want to chat with me and other players in real time about the game including comments, criticisms, questions, rants and raves and other bullshit? Join here: https://discord.gg/0147mPwxAer4VIO3a

Players:
1. Katana 'Spammer' McKatana (BlitzDungeoneer)
2. Sans (DigitalDemon)
3. Kars, the Pillarman (Sl4cker)
4. Kyoko Sakura (piratejoe)
5. Mecha-Hitler (KiwiOui)
6. EVUL DARK MAGE OF EVILOUS DARKITY DOOM (TheBiggerFish)
7. Crusty Pete (Ardent Debater)
8. Rez (FallacyofUrist)
9. Robin (AbstractTraitorHero)
10. AL-2048 (Kashyyk)
11. Paper Mario (Elephant Parade)
12. Johnny Jokotaru (Sanure)

Champions:
None yet.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:09:38 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Posting to watch. Might participate. *begins planning many things*
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

*wipes tear from eye*

it's more beautiful than i could have possibly imagined

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

List of Potential Characters
Spoiler: I can do... ANYTHING. (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:56:28 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

welcome to hell, everybody
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Question, are characters who rely on vehicles allowed to use/keep them? Say someone wants to be the Red Barron would they get a Fokker DR.1 or not?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

*bad times are a-comin

Spoiler: a comedian (click to show/hide)

almost done
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:11:26 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: avalon.mp3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: scum (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: fabulous (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:55:01 pm by Sl4cker »
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

"So, whats going on here?"

"Oh, i see, guess you have to die now!"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:42:42 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile

You want madness? We have a half off special.

Heh.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:34:04 pm by KiwiOui »
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Question, are characters who rely on vehicles allowed to use/keep them? Say someone wants to be the Red Barron would they get a Fokker DR.1 or not?

Yes, vehicles fall under the category of equipment.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Could a character have mook allies, and would they take an ability or an equipment slot? (I want to be silly and play a stormtrooper squad).

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll review each sheet in detail later. Also, I'll describe it more but as a heads up, the first arena is an average-sized Canadian shopping mall. Shopping malls make for fun arenas in a Dead Risint kind of way.

Could a character have mook allies, and would they take an ability or an equipment slot? (I want to be silly and play a stormtrooper squad).

Yes, weaker characters can get a competitive edge simply by using numbers as a tactical advantage. Instead of standard health their collective health would be measured by healthy members vs. casualities.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

when weel gam start
carrot cakeu
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24