Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Carnage Fiesta 1999 X Reloaded - Chapter 6: Discount Bloodbath  (Read 42368 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Carnage Fiesta 1999 X Reloaded - Chapter 6: Discount Bloodbath
« Reply #330 on: July 11, 2016, 10:39:06 am »

@TCM: So, does that mean it'll be a Role-Playing game with simple combat mechanics about different real, fictional, and original characters solving the multiverse's problems? Because I do like the idea of a turn based, play by post game where you can role play as your character of choice. Because the idea of Sans having dialogue with a parody of bad Sonic OCs from DeviantArt just before battling some horrifying monster sounds pretty cool.

Also, as a fan of Doctor Who (a Whovian, if you will) then I really like that analogy. I do have a problem with calling the Doctor a weirdo with a phone booth...because he's a madman with a box. There's a difference between the two...I think.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:40:54 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 11, 2016, 11:06:52 am »

Yes, something more like that. Much more roleplay heavy and focused on character development. I realize this opens up the door to things like shipping, but that's a necessary evil in this new type of game.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 11, 2016, 11:24:17 am »

Yes, something more like that. Much more roleplay heavy and focused on character development. I realize this opens up the door to things like shipping, but that's a necessary evil in this new type of game.

Perfectly alright with the role play focus and character development. Shipping doesn't really bother me (I am a fan of Rooster Teeth's RWBY after all. We have a whole ship sheet, it's strange/interesting), though Crack Ships I'm not so much a fan of. Sans x Cinos the Hedgehog, teh greatest and most original OC (don't steal) doesn't sound that appealing.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 11, 2016, 11:27:30 am »

I do have a problem with calling the Doctor a weirdo with a phone booth...because he's a madman with a box. There's a difference between the two...I think.
I'm sigging this, FYI.
Also, Mind If I toss a XCOM self insert in?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 11, 2016, 12:02:26 pm »

I'm also thinking it would take some inspiration from E.R. A bunch of people, across universes, come together to prevent stop dangerous anomalies from occurring, probably on some sort of spaceship headed by an A.I. Gameplay would mainly consist of going on missions to stop said anomalies, which, while there will be plenty of combat, it would be far from the only way of accomplishing things. Missions would range from all sorts of things, like 'fixing' a world where the Mongols have taken over medieval Europe, to stopping a full-blown war between the mole-people and ant-people in another world, to investigating bio-planets and such. Like in E.R., even in cooperative teams, there is competition in that the people who contribute the most to the mission get more rewards.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 11, 2016, 12:13:09 pm »

How dare you call the Doctor a weirdo with a phone booth, he's a madman with a box!  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2016, 12:14:07 pm »

@TCM: Hmm, might be a good idea. Unlike the other ideas mentioned, however, that kind of setting might be something I have to play to see how it works. Still, that means going everywhere to do everything, I like the imagination behind that, and an AI would be wonderful. I do have a question, though. Would all these anomalies be your doing, or could a player have a villainous character that could work as an antagonist? I ask because I have an idea for a character, and I don't quite know if I can use him in that way.

@TBF: That's what I said! Still, that is information that'll save your life. EDIT: I know, but I still felt like that playful jab was worth repeating.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:17:52 pm by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 11, 2016, 12:15:01 pm »

That was aimed at TCM ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 11, 2016, 01:58:21 pm »

i can still play as giantdad, right
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 11, 2016, 04:21:53 pm »

A major villain(s)? Maybe.

i can still play as giantdad, right

Yeah sure.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 11, 2016, 04:24:14 pm »

Yeah, I would still play a more co op version of this game.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 11, 2016, 04:26:07 pm »

Yeah, I would still play a more co op version of this game.
Aye.
Sigtext

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 11, 2016, 04:30:49 pm »

As I've already said, I'm in. I'm down. I've shut up and jam. I wanna rock. I wanna roll. My body is ready. Analogy. Whenever you're ready, TCM, I'm in.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 11, 2016, 04:46:05 pm »

TCM, Mind If I toss a XCOM self insert in?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 11, 2016, 04:50:11 pm »

It would be fine.

I will say that the overall power limits on characters will likely go down, especially at first. No point in striving to self-improve and upgrade if you start out that way.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24