Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [MOD]Liberal Additions (Deathsquad Armor + Sniper Rifles for Terra Vitae!)  (Read 18271 times)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Liberal Additions
Github (Contains both the old, unsupported-yet-functional version of LA and the new, more sane version of LA. Pick only one. If installing Classic Liberal Additions, rename the folder to "Art".)

Extract the contents of the "Art" folder into your current "Art" folder and overwrite everything. Make sure your version of LCS has slightly expanded XML support, because IIRC the latest "official" releases by Fox don't have Armors.xml/Creatures.xml or something(Can't remember exactly) in the "Art" folder while the Github versions(And the R855 release too) do, as far as I know.

I've been messing around in the "Art" folder for Liberal Crime Squad, tweaking the game to my liking. Decided to release this too and see if you guys might like it.

Classic Liberal Additions is the old version of Liberal Additions with a metric ton of guns you'll likely never use because Assault Rifles are OP as hell and make every other gun obsolete.
Liberal Additions is the sane version of Liberal Additions with less guns and changes you won't find in Classic Liberal Additions, like the AA-12 having a drum magazine and shotgun slugs. It is mostly adapted from the Terra Vitae version of Liberal Additions.

Liberal Additions: Terra Vitae
Liberal Additions is now a mod for a mod. This one is a bit more modest than the original one when it comes to new weapons(There isn't an insane amount of new toys for your Liberals to play with, only the P90/Five SeveN/Grenade), and it also has some changes the original Liberal Additions doesn't have like making the AA-12 use a 20-round drum magazine full of shotgun slugs, or all cars giving varying amounts of juice for stealing them.

Get it on Github

Spoiler: Changes made (click to show/hide)

New Update for Liberal Additions: Terra Vitae
Deathsquad Uniform is now Deathsquad Armor, which has similar stats to SWAT Armor but buffed. No more free M16's in the early game for your Liberals!
Sniper Rifles have been added. As always, Deathsquads and Agents get to use these new toys against you. Other enemies also get them too, such as CCS Bosses, Soldiers, Mafia Hitmen, Agency Assassins, CCS Snipers, etc.
There is a bug that prevents Sniper Ammo from showing up in Pawnshop. It shows up fine in Armsdealer (Buy guns and ammo from gangsters) and Department Store, though.

I'll add Deathsquad Armor and Sniper Rifles to the non-TV Liberal Additions soon.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:12:29 am by Taberone »

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD]Liberal Additions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 03:22:15 pm »

Hm, this sounds like a really awesome way to add variety! I'm thinking we add this to the GitHub project. Sound good?

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 04:24:02 pm »

Hm, this sounds like a really awesome way to add variety! I'm thinking we add this to the GitHub project. Sound good?

Not really sure about it being added to Github in it's entirety, though. Some of the changes are for fun rather than realism and common sense, or some of the changes might be seen as ruining LCS. Add what parts you like from the mod to Github, I guess.

Un-fun fact: The Expanded Conservative Armory was also planned to include Gangsters/Cops/CCS Vigilantes/Mercenaries too, but those are hardcoded(Since they're actually affected by Gun Laws or something, and you can't code what gun a creature gets at certain gun laws or something in creatures.xml) and recompiling a game is way out of my league.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:27:00 pm by Taberone »

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 05:02:21 pm »

Not really sure about it being added to Github in it's entirety, though. Some of the changes are for fun rather than realism and common sense, or some of the changes might be seen as ruining LCS. Add what parts you like from the mod to Github, I guess.

Un-fun fact: The Expanded Conservative Armory was also planned to include Gangsters/Cops/CCS Vigilantes/Mercenaries too, but those are hardcoded(Since they're actually affected by Gun Laws or something, and you can't code what gun a creature gets at certain gun laws or something in creatures.xml) and recompiling a game is way out of my league.

Yeah, it's kinda weird what things in the game are hardcoded and what things are not. As an example, some locations that are "special" (White House, etc.) are hardcoded in text files in the art/ directory, while others are generated on the fly. It's all really cool, actually, props to whoever made it!

Anyway, if you ever want to add it to the GitHub project yourself, you're always free to make a new pull request!

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 09:34:30 pm »

Yeah, it's kinda weird what things in the game are hardcoded and what things are not. As an example, some locations that are "special" (White House, etc.) are hardcoded in text files in the art/ directory, while others are generated on the fly. It's all really cool, actually, props to whoever made it!

Anyway, if you ever want to add it to the GitHub project yourself, you're always free to make a new pull request!

How do I actually make one, though? I click "New Pull Request", and then on the Compare Changes page the "Create Pull Request" button is greyed out.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 12:41:27 pm »

Could you give some detail?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 01:28:38 pm »

Could you give some detail?

This is what it looks like. Can't click on "Create Pull Request".

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 01:54:10 pm »

It looks like GitHub thinks you are merging your copy of master into itself. It is a weird quirk of GitHub and probably a bug.

The following is a workaround:

Cancel the Pull Request, navigate to your copy of the game (known as a repository, or repo) and open a Pull Request from there, open the drop-down list on the left marked base and select a third-party fork of the game, open the drop-down menu on the right marked head fork and select your copy of the game, reopen the menu on the left and select the branch you want to merge into, then see if the green "Create Pull Request" button appears. Please feel free to PM if you have a question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 10:28:20 am »

It looks like GitHub thinks you are merging your copy of master into itself. It is a weird quirk of GitHub and probably a bug.

The following is a workaround:

Cancel the Pull Request, navigate to your copy of the game (known as a repository, or repo) and open a Pull Request from there, open the drop-down list on the left marked base and select a third-party fork of the game, open the drop-down menu on the right marked head fork and select your copy of the game, reopen the menu on the left and select the branch you want to merge into, then see if the green "Create Pull Request" button appears. Please feel free to PM if you have a question.

I didn't actually have a repository on Github before clicking "New Pull Request", and I don't see a way to cancel the pull request. Made a repository on Github just today though.

This is all I see on the drop-down menu when trying to make a new pull request on my own repository. Much like when it comes to compiling LCS, I honestly don't have that much experience with Github and might have made an obvious-in-hindsight mistake. Even when trying to compare across forks, it's empty and won't let me select anything.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 07:47:35 pm »

By any chance, has anyone actually tried the mod?

Kamal-Sadek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 11:29:03 pm »

I have, and it's definitely a nice change of pace to not see the same items over and over again! Especially because I've been playing the game for so long, I usually just settle back into the same groove, these small changes are always nice to shake things up occasionally.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 09:44:15 am »

I have, and it's definitely a nice change of pace to not see the same items over and over again! Especially because I've been playing the game for so long, I usually just settle back into the same groove, these small changes are always nice to shake things up occasionally.

One thing I noticed with my mod so far is that it slightly breaks selling stuff at the pawnshop by making it think you're trying to buy ammo, which forces you to hit ENTER before it lets you sell stuff. What could be causing that?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:20:44 pm by Taberone »

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 08:50:53 am »

That's weird. Just noticed that "sell something" and "buy liberal clips" both use the same key. I seem to have somehow broken the "sell something" option, despite the fact that "sell something" doesn't even appear in pawnshop.xml for me to edit, and the "buy clips" key is the letter "c". I'll be able to check it more thoroughly later on, as I'm in a bit of a rush right now.

I've also been considering adding concealed/disguised firearms to the mod like SMGs in briefcases or shotguns in umbrellas.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 08:57:52 pm by Taberone »

CosmicHitman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 10:41:07 am »

I think I found the problem. There is a missing tag in the pawnshop code that is making it think the key for 9mm SMG ammo, S, is the key for the whole department. It currently looks like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When I changed it to this, it fixed the problem:
Probably test it on your copy to make sure though as I use 4.07.4, not the most recent version.

P.S Thank you for making the mod. It adds some nice variety to the game.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 08:35:38 pm »

I think I found the problem. There is a missing tag in the pawnshop code that is making it think the key for 9mm SMG ammo, S, is the key for the whole department. It currently looks like this:
When I changed it to this, it fixed the problem:
Probably test it on your copy to make sure though as I use 4.07.4, not the most recent version.

P.S Thank you for making the mod. It adds some nice variety to the game.

Thanks for posting the fix!
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!
Pages: [1] 2