Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Viability of water as a trade good  (Read 10967 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Viability of water as a trade good
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2016, 09:26:05 pm »

PS: Yes, including the rare 3000 zombie dragon packs (flocks?). It's not the heat that kills them, it's the nigh-thousand urist sledgehammer reasonably measurable in mach scale that also throws them back for the next strike 5 steps behind.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:35:05 pm by Fleeting Frames »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2016, 02:23:47 am »

I don't know how to delete posts, but I DO know how to modify them (and you probably do as well, as you probably changed the post contents to say it was a dud). Thus, instead of making a post saying "I want to be deleted" and then another one immediately thereafter, you can reuse your failed post to contain what went into the next one. In fact, instead of creating 3 posts in a row (with the failure in the middle) you could just update the first one in the sequence, using an edit indication if applicable.

Prop42

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: nonsensical euphemisms] [BENIGN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2016, 08:37:33 am »

PS: Yes, including the rare 3000 zombie dragon packs (flocks?). It's not the heat that kills them, it's the nigh-thousand urist sledgehammer reasonably measurable in mach scale that also throws them back for the next strike 5 steps behind.

Okay, how the actual fuck did you do this. Please tell me. I need to know. If it wasn't DFHack or adventure mode shenanigans, I may still be able to do something with my system. Also, did you check the value of the water itself? Did it change at all, if you did?

UPDATE: I sold a magma-filled minecart to a dwarven caravan. Their wagons didn't go up in flames immediately, and they were able to exit the map. I'd call that success, so far.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:20:57 am by Prop42 »
@: You: "Can you tell me where I can find me?"
1: The Dwarf Philosopher: "I don't know myself, and I don't even know anyone who could tell you."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2016, 10:35:35 am »

Simple: I fired booze into the water-filled hole that I dumped minecart into right after.

And no, that cart will still sell for just 1033 urists.

Does the dwarven caravan next year bring you or new settlements magma?

Prop42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2016, 10:44:55 am »

A) How does one go about doing that? I assume you just launch the container into the pool, or hit it with a minecart.

B) I haven't checked yet. The caravan basically just left, so I'm still waiting for next autumn.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:09:40 am by Prop42 »
1: The Dwarf Philosopher: "I don't know myself, and I don't even know anyone who could tell you."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 11:53:10 am »

Any container whose horizontal speed changes by more than 55020 in a collision will shotgun it's contents, which will maintain the original speed (to deadly effect. This is what makes water/magmaguns work).

Simplest way to do this is to let the minecart accelerate on few ramps and then hit a wall, and then have the booze barrels flung thus hit a wall to let the booze fly, though complicated schemes with heteroweight minecart collision are also possible.

You can't however hit an barrel lying on the ground with minecart.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:56:03 am by Fleeting Frames »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 11:59:43 am »

Seriously, this is my new favorite thread.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Prop42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2016, 01:36:40 pm »

Alright. Well, at the very least, we know we CAN lace the water, it just isn't any more profitable.

Oh well. At least I can stop murdering kittens, now.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2016, 02:45:02 pm »

Minecart shotguns are my new favorite adventure mode toy (you can ride carts, though it is dangerous, and you can drop other carts while riding one and accelerate those carts in various directions before moving out of reach, leading to my zooming into a bandit camp at the lead of an entire fleet of minecarts full of weapons and magma and water and whatnot, yes it was amazing) but yeah, like I said about the lacing stuff, the last liquid listed in the description is the important one.

Drinking vampire blood laced water might turn you, drinking water laced vampire blood will definitely turn you, selling malodorous slime laced water will get you money for the water, selling water laced malodorous slime will get you contacted by the war crimes tribunal on charges of chemical warfare if anyone tries to drink it.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2016, 03:06:16 pm »

selling malodorous slime laced water will get you money for the water, selling water laced malodorous slime will get you contacted by the war crimes tribunal on charges of chemical warfare if anyone tries to drink it.
Sig'd
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]