Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: self transform as limb regeneration interaction?  (Read 919 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
self transform as limb regeneration interaction?
« on: June 13, 2016, 08:24:49 am »

if i make an interaction that tranforms a creature into itself for 0 seconds to regenerate wounds and rekove syndromes, would it work? also how i can make npc use it? would they drop the items they wear? would it be used in combat? will it do weird stuff in legends? weird changes like gender can happen too?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: self transform as limb regeneration interaction?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 12:07:54 pm »

this interaction will be on all members of an entity, its part of a creature raws
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 08:00:59 am »

anyone can help me?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 11:50:57 am »

I think it has to be a different creature for it to work, so you can just make it transform for 1 tick (not 0) into a special creature that's pretty much completely invincible so it's safe while it transforms back. However it's going to be difficult to get them to actually use it, as the usage hints for interactions have been messed up for a while, and so it's pretty unreliable. If you want them to use it regularly then you can give it a [USAGE_HINT:GREETING] and [USAGE_HINT:CLEAN_SELF] which should mean that upon seeing other friendly creatures they might use it. However this is going to result in a lot of unnecessary transformations because obviously you don't lose a limb every time you meet somebody, and it won't help much while in combat as they won't be greeting anybody then, but if they survive combat with a missing limb then they'll be able to regenerate it later.

I don't think they'll drop their items, but I think it depends on what you transform them to. I'd make it have the same body as the transforming creature just to make sure. It will do nothing in legends as creatures don't use interactions in legends. The last question isn't worded very well, but I think the answer is no.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 06:12:06 pm »

i would need to make a second creature that has the same size then? i would like to make the transfomr state a weak one because they are going to be very strong and that could give them a 1 tick weakness that a lucky strike could instantly kill it. how can i do this?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 06:08:44 am »

Creatures always drop every item they have every time they transform regardless of what they're transforming into or the properties of that creature.

i would need to make a second creature that has the same size then? i would like to make the transfomr state a weak one because they are going to be very strong and that could give them a 1 tick weakness that a lucky strike could instantly kill it. how can i do this?

CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER is what you want, with a very low numerator and very high denominator. I would go with more than one tick for a variety of purposes, primarily that it takes 2 ticks to do even fast attacks.