Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Mission: Complex Magic  (Read 12556 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Complex Magic
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2016, 08:39:22 am »

"Well now, that sounds as promising as it sounds deadly. Hopefully it's a baking bot." Milno commented in deadpan as he alternated between vision modes on his helmet's inbuilt cam-eyes.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2016, 03:06:19 pm »

Talk to our newfound robotic friend. Clearly this is a friendly/sensible robot that will have no problem letting us through as long as we ask nicely.

Be sure to equip my  Containment Gun though, just in case the robot is so enticed by my honeyed words that it wants to give me a hug. Flint Westwood doesn't do hugs.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2016, 11:27:55 am »

Let others go into the big bad room, I'm still recuperating.

Try to get that music player fixed. I was promised something smooth two turns ago, but all I got was silence.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2016, 09:45:31 pm »

"Don't we toss another one of the gut-punching little robots and give it moral support from here?"

Wait, be prepared for shit.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2016, 12:47:27 pm »

Let others go into the big bad room, I'm still recuperating.

Try to get that music player fixed. I was promised something smooth two turns ago, but all I got was silence.

Fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Woc1NRwAg

Talk to our newfound robotic friend. Clearly this is a friendly/sensible robot that will have no problem letting us through as long as we ask nicely.

Be sure to equip my  Containment Gun though, just in case the robot is so enticed by my honeyed words that it wants to give me a hug. Flint Westwood doesn't do hugs.

You stick your head up into the room. And then you find yourself laying flat on your back in the room with everyone else. And, funny story, you're looking up at where you used to be standing through a fist sized hole in your cockpit. Oh and your left arm is missing.

Up where you used to be looking through the hole is a thing. It's a hard thing to explain. It looks sort of like a shrimp crossed with an octopus and made out of several hundred pounds of rusted and discarded autoparts. It is vibrating so fast you cannot see the actual shape of it, just a blurry outline and a flickering aura of metal tentacles.

"Don't we toss another one of the gut-punching little robots and give it moral support from here?"

Wait, be prepared for shit.
It appears that Shit has arrived.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2016, 01:05:39 pm »

"Hey guys, I got my music player fixed. These tunes are pretty sweet."

Pan looks at Flint and at the schrimpbot2000

"oh"

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2016, 02:27:48 pm »

Enter Bt mode. Get away pretty fast. Help if anybody  taht can't avoid the tentacles.

Lets go back to the portal for now.

Edit: Changed action
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:01:33 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »

"Poking sticks people, seriously! This should really be SOP by now.

Flint, is your Mk.II stemming the damage, or will you need someone to come help you not bleed out?"

Enter Bt mode. Get away pretty fast. Help if anybody  taht can't avoid the tentacles.

Lets go back to the portal for now.
"What, just because we encountered some resistance? We have a hidden portal ready by the teleportation point, we can hop back just before the scheduled teleporting of a tag.

Fill the entire room above us with hardlight, literally encase that robot in it.

If not possible, or if it doesn't seem to restrain the robutt, open 1 (or more if needed) portals just below the hole to prevent the robutt getting at us. Make the portals end up in the gravity crusher room (make sure the side of the portal facing to us isn't one also facing gravity crusher, of course. Aka make sure the side of the portal facing to us is right on the edge of the pocket dimension in the crusher room.

If neither of these seem to help, start bravely running away.

Also, since nobody objected to splitting up, but then didn't due to general follow-mode, take back my portal remote.

Edit: and if viole(n)t overcharge is used, use portal remotes to protect from the explosion/other effects by 'encasing' me and nearby allies with portals. If not possible, use hardlight shield.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:07:09 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2016, 07:16:55 pm »

"Well, I called it. Not my fault the geezer's like that. And Renen, don't be a wuss!" Milno said even as he prepared to counter the menace.

Keep a lot of distance—in fact, make distance if necessary via rockets—and introduce the robot to the sybilus. Limiter unlock a dodge or endurance roll if it comes after me like it's lunch time. If it's running time then it's running time.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:36:15 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2016, 12:18:07 am »

Use the 5 second reset to heal and get behind the monster at the same time. Then activate thrusters to run away into the room it was guarding. Also try to throw the attractive bauble in this room, if possible. I hope it can attract the monster to this room and away from my allies.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:06:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2016, 04:38:58 pm »

Have comrade attempt to magic to schrimpbot to death, preferably only the shrimpbot

If anyone else starts running, have comrade fly me away pronto back towards the portal pronto

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2016, 09:25:02 pm »

Laser hostiles as they appear.  Laser laser laser for the glory of Ingram!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2016, 09:05:12 am »

Fine then...

Enter BT. Take a look at Shrimpbot. Avoid any of its atacks and enemy fire from laser. Go back away before the violet overcharge shot.Make a shield of light if necessary.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]