Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Mission: Confused Conquistador  (Read 17641 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Confused Conquistador
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2016, 12:31:04 pm »

((Jesus. I just realized it took battlesuit level strength and a heavy armored exoskeleton to open that door. I really don't want to get into melee range with these guys, if any of them are left.))

RINGBOYZ INSIDE

"I...don't believe we ever checked that actually. I doubt it. They might if filled it with what they believe to be inert gasses to try and preserve the station."

Examine the tools, maneuvering packs and spacesuits, try and gauge what their tech level was. Also, see if there's any way to tell what air mixture they breathed. Turn on motion tracking, but turn it down to the low end.

Explore the hallway a bit, looking for pictograms or anything that might of been their writing. Use the pokin poles to check EVERYTHING.

After making sure there's no immediate threat coming from the hallway, find a door that looks promising and poke around. Use pokin pole first, then camera on the end of my fingers, then poke my head in. Use the Spektr or the Swiss Army Pimpknuckles to open up doors if need be.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:01:58 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2016, 03:17:11 pm »

Ringboyz Inside

Dester uses his brains and aux skill to attempt to locate a power source in this room. If the others' experiments with the maneuvering packs are successful, he takes one as well (probably not though, as they are for a larger creature apparently). If Dester can find a power source and likely method for powering this room up, he tries that before we move on (unless the only power sources we find are those in our own suits.) Speaking of, I'll check one of the alien suits for power.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2016, 05:00:53 pm »

NPC me please.

Life issues are wrecking me at the moment. And I don't see things getting better in the next few months. Hopefully I'll be in a better place when Oro starts up. It's been fun rping with you all
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2016, 05:03:12 pm »

((who will be in control of sexual violence? I mean I'qd be willing to but I don't know if that is the best.))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2016, 06:09:30 pm »

[SEXUAL VIOLENCE]

Did you miss Kedly's last action (regarding planet hopping), or are you just waiting to process it until Spaz is done?

Spoiler: Aforementioned post (click to show/hide)

Life issues are wrecking me at the moment. And I don't see things getting better in the next few months. Hopefully I'll be in a better place when Oro starts up. It's been fun rping with you all

((Damn. Well, I hope you're wrong, and things do improve sooner rather than later. Regardless- it's been fun,   and we'll hope to see you in Oro.))

((who will be in control of sexual violence? I mean I'qd be willing to but I don't know if that is the best.))

((IC, I'm guessing NPC-Vincent will continue to lead our little expedition. If he doesn't, though, Gus is probably next in the chain of command.

OOC, I'm not sure we need one person to take control. It's just you and me now, after all.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2016, 06:51:42 pm »

[Sexuak violence
Can I make the gunner bot bipedal and such?
I could use the extra suit I have for parts.
Also convince gus/npc kedly of the important uses of alots
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2016, 09:11:36 pm »

[RINGBOYZ] OUTSIDE

Continue to float around the airlock. If I see a large piece of scrapmetal nearby, try to toss it into the lazorcannnon's range.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2016, 05:11:21 am »

[OPTIONAL MISSION]
((Original post removed!  Just the following now:

((Mission to get the cube now recruiting.  Anyone at all?))

If you want to join the mission to get the deathcube, make a bolded post in the M26 thread.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:47:28 am by ZBridges »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2016, 11:21:34 am »

RINGBOYZ INSIDE

Lights on. I'll take one of those probable maneuvering packs. Then I move to the next door and as soon as others are ready I'll open it, but making sure to not stand in front of it in case it is trapped.

"What was atmospheric composition of the planet? Does it match with this one?"
You grab a maneuvering pack. Wearing it would be a bit hard-- its clearly designed for a much more tubular individual than you-- and using the controls might take some effort too. It's pair of joysticks but it takes a lot of force to move them.

((Jesus. I just realized it took battlesuit level strength and a heavy armored exoskeleton to open that door. I really don't want to get into melee range with these guys, if any of them are left.))

RINGBOYZ INSIDE

"I...don't believe we ever checked that actually. I doubt it. They might if filled it with what they believe to be inert gasses to try and preserve the station."

Examine the tools, maneuvering packs and spacesuits, try and gauge what their tech level was. Also, see if there's any way to tell what air mixture they breathed. Turn on motion tracking, but turn it down to the low end.

Explore the hallway a bit, looking for pictograms or anything that might of been their writing. Use the pokin poles to check EVERYTHING.

After making sure there's no immediate threat coming from the hallway, find a door that looks promising and poke around. Use pokin pole first, then camera on the end of my fingers, then poke my head in. Use the Spektr or the Swiss Army Pimpknuckles to open up doors if need be.

Their tech level seems to have been pretty high. Makes sense; you don't create an orbiting space station ring thing like this accidentally.

Long range scans of the planet show it to be oxygen rich, much like earth, so it's probably a safe bet they wouldn't have survived in this atmosphere. Even if it wasn't hundreds of degrees below zero. You turn on motion tracking, just in case.

Ringboyz Inside

Dester uses his brains and aux skill to attempt to locate a power source in this room. If the others' experiments with the maneuvering packs are successful, he takes one as well (probably not though, as they are for a larger creature apparently). If Dester can find a power source and likely method for powering this room up, he tries that before we move on (unless the only power sources we find are those in our own suits.) Speaking of, I'll check one of the alien suits for power.
You can't find a power source in this room. No emergency generators are just laying around in here, unfortunately.  You do find an access panel to the power cables that supply this room though. The maneuvering packs look...awkward at best. You decide to skip using one for now.  The alien space suits do have individual battery packs, but they aren't anything special. You'd be better off just using your own suit's power.

This antechamber is attached to a hall, running left and right. To the right it only extends about 10 feet before ending in a door, but to the left it goes on for...well for long enough that you can't see the end of it. The door to the right is slightly expanded, as though pressurized from the other side. The left...well theres a lot of doors on the left obviously so I won't explain them all. But the closest one is partially open and there's a carrot man laying halfway into the hall. 

There are no visible signs, or indeed any visible markings anywhere in the hall.

NPC me please.

[Sexuak violence
Can I make the gunner bot bipedal and such?
I could use the extra suit I have for parts.
Also convince gus/npc kedly of the important uses of alots

I don't really know what he was gonna do out there. You guys should probably either take it over yourselves or join zbridges on his Suicide mission.

[RINGBOYZ] OUTSIDE

Continue to float around the airlock. If I see a large piece of scrapmetal nearby, try to toss it into the lazorcannnon's range.

There's none near by in a human sense, but if you hopped in the shuttle you could grab some that's nearby but not near enough to go without a suit. Wouldn't take long.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2016, 12:20:56 pm »

[Sexual violence]
Guess taking it over then
Same base plan and such, find a habitable planit, land and test soil, check the inhabitants and see if they're hostile
Using drones first, then a couple sods if I can then landing.
I want to see if I could get a basic equipement used for cloning sods for makijg  sods and alots, alots for food.
If I find a planet with naturaly occurring alots, colonize the shit out of that place.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:46:32 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2016, 12:24:45 pm »

RINGBOYZ INSIDE

"Oh. Never mind they did breathe oxygen. I'm more willing to bet that this is more of a preservation gas mix now.

So...how do we want to do this? Someone check the pressurized door, and two people to check carrot top on down there?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2016, 01:40:19 pm »

[RINGBOYZ] SHUTTLE MISCHIEF

Alright, move the shuttle over to some scrap, then get to someplace where I can toss the scrap into turret range. Toss scrap. Observe results.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2016, 02:41:00 pm »

[RINGBOYZ IN UR RING]

"Does explosive depressurization not cause any alarms in your head. Stay away from that door until can be certain to be as safe as possible in case of terminal existance failure."

Check the room with carrot man. Carefully. Traps are everywhere, especially in corpses.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2016, 03:15:45 pm »

RINGBOYZ INSIDE

"Eh? I didn't say to open it, just check it. I don't want to die any more than you do."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2016, 06:06:35 pm »

Ringboyz: Hallway madness

I'll accompany Ao this turn. I'll help him open the door that carrot man is laying in, after he checks carefully for traps and the like.

"I feel a little trapped and exposed, guys. it was hard to open those doors, and we have no other exits, and one long hallway down which an enemy can chase us or shoot at us with abandon. Oh, and there's that death door right there, expanded, waiting to explode, hurtling a large steel battering ram down the hall and a pressure shockwave through us al with enough force to jelly us into paste. I mean, these doors are big and thick, right? What kind of pressure would it take to expand one like that?"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9