Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Twelfth Bay (Tavern Economic Simulator.... kinda?) [6/6]  (Read 5653 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: The Twelfth Bay (Tavern Economic Simulator.... kinda?) [6/6]
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 09:41:24 pm »

Now that Coin be mine!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 10:20:19 pm »

Fredegar prepares his lie with the saddest emotion he can muster up.

"But good sir I have a wife and children at home would you be so kind to let me go?!"

Sneak out of the mans view while the other guy distracts the bulky man with whatever he's doing!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 10:28:29 pm »

Name: Gay Amayzingness
Money: 10 coil
Magic: Undiscovered
Skills: Wannabe Gigolo/Pimp
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 12:10:31 am »

That Plain Jane of a barmaid is clearly jealous of my good looks!
Offer her a big smile as I make my way towards the bar, then take a seat and bat my eyelashes at someone drinking there in the hopes of convincing them to buy me a drink.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 01:14:11 am »

"It's just a magic trick, boet - eh, look, you see, I take 2 coins, and I turn 'em into 4! Yeah! Here you go son, have 4 coins! Aurelius the Tremendous, at your service. Now, where did I put my bear?"

Give the sailor 4 coins and then look for a bear.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 06:12:57 am »

Pull the hood of my cloak down a little, lean back on my chair at my table in the corner of the room, and pose to look literally as suspicious as possible. So suspicious that the eyes of those entering the tavern are almost immediately drawn to the mysterious suspicious guy in the corner, who must obviously be someone important who they need to talk to because he stands out so much.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2016, 11:07:43 am »

((I am not the GM, but he did state that everyone's Magic & Skills to be None.))
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 11:22:52 am »

((I am not the GM, but he did state that everyone's Magic & Skills to be None.))
((Yeah... I'm just going to ignore his sheet under the fact that it's obviously just a troll-post.

I'll try to update once a day, around a set time. 3:30-4:00 PM Eastern time, probably.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2016, 04:01:24 pm »

A band enters the tavern, converses with the owner of the establishment, and then begins to play on stage. Several people crowd around.

A wizard walks over to a spot below the second floor, which appears to be mostly a balcony with one door leading further into the building. With a few murmured words, he summons a staircase. He ascends, and the staircase vanishes behind him.

A wizard on the second floor balcony sneezes, then picks up a large sheet of paper and wipes his nose with it. He replaces it. The sheet of paper appears to be a sign stating "Basic magic lessons: 75 coil. Ask the barkeep to let you up. Learn to control your mana!"

Fredegar
[3]
Fredegar prepares a lie of the highest caliber, and is ready to spring into action to escape. This proves unnecessary, as the other fellow completely distracts the large gent. Fredegar is pushed aside brusquely.

Abgarn
[4]
Abgarn takes the coin. He backs away. After ten or so more seconds, the wizard snaps out of it. He looks rather sad upon seeing his coin gone. He then shakes his hand a bit, before chanting a few words. A small hole in space itself appears in front of him. He takes out another quintum from the rift, before closing it. He hands it to the bartender, and enjoys his drink.

Ordrum Welg
[4]
Whatever the hell Ordrum was aiming to do, it seems to have worked. The angry man has become filled with rage. He ignores the other man, shoving him aside.
"Alright you little shit. Now it's personal."

Eizkol Arb
[6]
Eizkol Arb looks suspicious. So suspicious that everyone needs to look at him. So suspicious that a city guard, who was before drinking with his mates, stands up and begins to walk over to Eizkol, a hand on his hilt.
"Halt. Who are you."

Derek Smith
[1]
The sailor accepts all four coins, then promptly smacks Derek to the ground. Derek feels a ringing in his ears, before a hand grasps him by the hair and lifts him up.
"Do you take me for an idiot?"

Halska Bluth
[6] ((Assuming that Halska is a female for now. Correct me if I am wrong.))
Halska gives the barmaid a winning smile as she sits at the stool. She bats her eyes around at a few men, but everyone is too drowned in their sorrows to notice her. She is surprised when the barmaid sits beside her, and puts an arm around her shoulder. She can tell the barmaid is trying to act cute.
"Hey, honey. Do you want... a drink?"
Something doesn't feel right. The barmaid's voice is a little too saturated with emotion. Her eyes show none of the emotion she is trying to emulate. The barmaid obviously isn't interested in Halska... so why is she making such an effort to pretend to be?

Spoiler: Fredegar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abgarn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ordrum Welg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eizkol Arb (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Derek Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Halksa Bluth (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2016, 04:38:40 pm »

Seeing that the other man is safe, Ordrum channels the Acrobat, running off to the the furthest place in the Tavern, far from that bulky muscle-freak. Under his breath, Ordrum whispers.
"I can understand taking a look at the suspicious guy in the corner, but shouldn't this freak provoke some response from the guard?"
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2016, 04:47:13 pm »

I head over by the bard and look for cash to loot.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2016, 04:51:32 pm »

"Whew, that guy sure is good with words!"

Pickpocket the large gent without him noticing if he does notice RUN!

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2016, 11:47:03 am »

"That guy owes me...", Ordrum whispers.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2016, 11:53:28 am »

"Oh, no, sir, certainly not - ooh, look! A flying octopus!"

Kick him in the nads, which I can reach because he's holding me at the perfect height, then kick him in the head until I can get my money back, and then hide. Eejit.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2016, 02:36:49 pm »

Fredegar
[5]
Fredegar seizes the man's possessions without the man even noticing. Which is incredible, considering the man is charging after the other gent. He finds two purses, one probably belonging to the man, and another belonging to a previous victim. Inside, there are a total of thirty six coil. Score!
[Skill gained! High-speed theft!]

Abgarn
[3]
Well, there are a few people with bulges in their back pockets. Presumably purses. However, they're bundled up together. Abgarn works his way into their group, but he worries that if he steals something in the wrong way, people will notice.

Ordrum Welg
[5]
Ordrum flees at top speed. The bulky man attempts to follow, but cannot keep up. Ordrum figures the safest place is the second floor balcony. With an amazing feat of parkour skills, he runs along the wall and leaps, grasping the railing and pulling himself over.
The wizard offering the lessons for magic seems mildly impressed. He applauds for a moment, then flicks Ordrum a vim. That's a whole ten coil right there.
[Skill gained! Basic parkour skill!]

Derek Smith
[4]
Derek twists his body and kicks the distracted sailor in the crotch. The surprised seaman goes down, and Derek quickly snatches his coins back from the ground. The sailor slowly rises, but not before Derek has retreated at least a few meters.
"Now... now I'm gonna fucking kill you."

Spoiler: Fredegar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abgarn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ordrum Welg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eizkol Arb (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Derek Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Halksa Bluth (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6