Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Twelfth Bay (Tavern Economic Simulator.... kinda?) [6/6]  (Read 5732 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Twelfth Bay (Tavern Economic Simulator.... kinda?) [6/6]
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2016, 02:02:57 pm »

Oh shit. I flop on the floor and scuttle away under some tables and escape into a dark corner of the tavern.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2016, 02:04:02 pm »

Pay up and Learn!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2016, 02:39:59 pm »

"I said I just got payed from my hard days work! How was your day, I am glad you guys are the town guard if it wasn't for you guys who would protect us from all these thieves!"

Get into a normal conversation with them.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2016, 03:25:59 pm »

Ordrum, rather than fleeing, tries the lost art of diplomacy.
"My apologies, madam. I was simply startled by your child's sudden appearance. Humans can be frightened for what might be the simplest of things. I'm afraid that I have had a misunderstanding, as hearing something nearly my own size whisper 'food' at me was rather chilling. I hadn't any way of knowing your child meant no harm, and I am terribly sorry for being so rude."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:34:35 pm by KiwiOui »
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2016, 04:33:25 pm »

Fredegar
[3]
".... I guess. We are pretty good at our job, right guys?"
"I don't trust him. He's totally lying."
"What? No. Didn't you hear that? He said he just got paid!"
"But he spelled it payed! Not paid!"
"You spelt spelled wrong. It's spelt spelt."
"No, spelled is spelled spelled, not spelt. Spelt would be stupidly spelled."
The guards seem to be getting into a heated argument.
Wait, how can they know how each other is saying it? It sounds identical no matter how it is spelled.
Or was that spelt?

Abgarn
[4]
"Well.... okay"
The wizard takes 50 coil from Abgarn.
"Now, how do I start...
Magic is a communion of the human mind and the unseen forces which drive our world. There are many of these forces, but the most commonly manipulated force is called mana. This is known as Blue Magic. There are other types of magic. There is Red Magic, the usage of fate as a type of magic. This usually alters one's rolls fate. There is White Magic, which relies on the usage of order as a catalyst. This magic can usually be used to heal or reconstruct things. There is Black Magic, which relies on the forces of entropy and chaos to cast. These are commonly associated with death or destruction, but have other uses. There's Green Magic, which uses the power of nature to affect the world around oneself. That's very potent, but also very situational. And there's...

What was the last one?

Oh! Right! Purple Magic! That relies on the ability to summon and manipulate creatures of mythology. That's a fun one. I don't know it. In fact, I only know Blue Magic, White Magic, and Black Magic. In fact, starting wizards can only learn Blue Magic, then branch out from there. Blue Magic is pretty basic. Fireballs, Magic Missiles, Flinging Shit at enemies...

Oh! Oh! I'm stupid. Rewind a second. Brown Magic! That one's all about alchemy and transmutation! But... that's not a real magic. It's just alchemy. And physics. So it's not REALLY considered magic. It's closely connected with Green Magic, however. But that's not important.

To become more powerful at magic, one must utilize magic and connect with it. But first, you must receive magic. I can assist you with this. In fact, that's the main reason people take this course. I will infuse you now with some mana, but after that the mana which will regenerate within you will be your own. Are you ready? Here goes..."

Abgarn feels tingly. Rather tingly. The old man is chanting and waving his fingers around. After a few moments, all the strength leaves Abgarn, and he collapses. He is still fully conscious. He regains the feeling in his extremities after a few moments, and stands after about a minute. He feels strangely empowered.

[Abgarn has obtained the ability to utilize Blue Magic!]

"A great place to increase your magical power is in the cellar. Well, it's more of a dungeon. It goes down six-hundred and forty-three floors. Probably more, actually. That's the farthest anyone has ever gotten before being eaten. I suggest sticking to floors one through five for now.

You access it from a ladder on this floor. See that corner? Go there, take two lefts, a right, and when you get to the door, cast a spell. Any spell. You can use any kind of blue magic. Just think of something that manipulates mana. When I first went down, I manipulated mana into the form of a bunny. Really cute one. Lived for four hours before it died when I sneezed and lost concentration.

Oh god, now I'm sad again..."

Ordrum Welg
[5]
The mother spider seems genuinely taken aback. She glares at her son, and speaks in a strange tongue before swapping back to English.
"You should know better than to attempt to eat strangers!"
"But mooooom.... I just wanted to know if he had any crumpetsssss..."
"That's no excuse. Go to your lair and consider your behavior!"
She glares at her son as he retreats to a corner of the room, before sighing and looking back.
"I'm sorry. He's hopeless. All he can think of is 'Food this, food that'. Is there any way I can repay you for the obvious stress he has caused?"

Eizkol Arb
[3]
Eizkol begins to scoot away rapidly, almost like a snake. The guard follows closely however, put off slightly by Eizkol's erratic movements.
".... I think you're more than just drunk."

Spoiler: Fredegar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abgarn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ordrum Welg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eizkol Arb (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Derek Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Halksa Bluth (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 04:56:42 pm »

"Hah. Insolent fool. You have awakened The Serpent of Heaven, Eizkol Arb!" Begin to sidewind, slithering at a faster pace towards a main supporting column of the tavern. Coil around it, slithering to the top to make my escape. Pat my pockets to see if I have any more black lotus, I need another bump.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 06:17:48 pm »

Ordrum replies.
"Well, if you happened to have any information on magic, I'd be glad to hear it. Simple spells, things like that. I'd also like to know where the boundary between your home and the rest of the attic begins. I was hoping on being able to look around here, and wouldn't want to mess with your belongings. Oh! Excuse me for asking, but are other giant spiders sapient? If I come across any others of your kind, I would want to avoid conflict then. If you know little of magery, learning your native language woud be interesting.
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2016, 07:55:28 pm »

Hmm, A Dungeon? I am after All the cash... Why does this sound like handing me a Round Peg and a Saw, and Telling me to Stick the Peg in a Hole?anyway, Lets go Magic Missile that Door to the Basement Open! Treasure (Hopefully) Awaits!
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2016, 08:29:12 pm »

Abgarn
[2]
Abgarn heads to the door and loudly announces "MAGIC MISSILE" whilst looking at the door.

Nothing happens. The wizard never DID teach him how to actually cast a spell.

Ordrum Welg
[3]
The spider looks confused. "What's.... magic?"
From the corner, the younger spider asks "Is it edible?"
"I dunno. And yes. All creatures in this inn are sapient. The wizards like to grant us this ability so that we may converse with them. And the attic?

... Well, this is a long story. The attic is a quantum space. Usually, there is no entry. I don't know how you entered. You must have had to bend the quantum space-time laws by completely ignoring physics. However, this means that this attic is limitless. I rarely venture out past that corner."

She gestures towards a corner. The more Ordrum looks at it, the more that it seems to bend and twist.

"Walls are not walls. Despite how you may approach that corner, it will both exist and not exist at the same time. It is the only corner in this space as it is without boundaries. Technically, we are both in and not inside that corner. Therefore, the corner is a quantum object locked in an unknown state of existence and non-existence. As we look at it, it is in existence. As we do not perceive it, it leaves existence. Therefore, the way to bypass any wall you come across in this attic is simply to not acknowledge its existence as you attempt to pass it. Or just walk backwards.

Does that make sense?"

Eizkol Arb
[6]
Eizkol attempts to coil around the nearest support-bearing load. He does so, and begins squiggling up. Halfway there, however....
*SNAP*
He feels something inside of him snap. And now he can't move. The guard below winces painfully.
"Okay, buddy... that's enough. Come on down, we'll get you to a wizard. Looks like a spinal injury. Shit, is it sticking out right there?"

Spoiler: Fredegar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abgarn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ordrum Welg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eizkol Arb (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Derek Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Halksa Bluth (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2016, 08:31:12 pm »

I Return to the Mage and State Quite Simply: That he Forgot to Teach me How to actually Cast a Spell.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2016, 08:37:32 pm »

Abgarn
[4]
The mage looks up as Abgarn approaches.
"OH! IT'S YOU!

Sorry! I completely spaced! I forgot to tell you how to cast!

Just... tell mana what you want to do. Not in words, but in thoughts. Extending one's hand looks flashy, but it rarely helps.

Certain items can help you focus the transfer of mana from inside your body to the outside. Patented Wands™ allow a more efficient thingy of thing..."

The wizard falls asleep before continuing his thought.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2016, 08:46:52 pm »

Now Back to the Door to 'Think' About Blasting it with a Golfball sized Ball of Force!
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2016, 09:27:04 pm »

(Muahah it was all part of my plan!)Steal their money while they are arguing and make a run for it if they notice.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2016, 09:43:17 pm »

Ordrum is visibly confused, then tries to voyage back downstairs, however he did it.
"Well, its been nice speaking with you, but, I want to be in a place without quantum ins- wait. How can you know what wizards  are, without knowing what magic is? How the-? Well, anyways, see you later!"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2016, 06:19:33 am »

((many apologies, completely missed))

Throw coin into sailor's other eye! Hope into brain too this time.

"Beware, so-called sailor! Beware! I know your dirty secret! Yes! Aha!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6