Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you tired of the constant boredom hiatuses?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
I don't care enough about this forum game to be.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to twitch turn 15: What are we gonna do tonight, brain?  (Read 25912 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile

Meet Jimmy. This is Jimmy --> @

Jimmy enjoys art, pretty landscapes, adventuring, and most of all, treasure.

His interests include art, pretty landscapes, adventuring, and most of all, treasure.

The rest of his personality? Well that's up to you, because YOU are Jimmy.

Also, that guy over there, he's Jimmy too.

And him, and him...

Who ISN'T Jimmy around here?

So basically, I kind of was interested in becoming the GM of a forum game, and I decided to do this as a sort of test run. This is going to be summit of a minimalist RTD with little Jimmy being on an ASCII grid. Whenever I get around to doing a turn, (I will try to do several turns a week) little Jimmy will attempt literally EVERY action which is suggested for him to do between the most recent turn and the turn I'm rolling for. This follows fairly standard RTD rules: literally every action attempted includes a roll. 1 is an epic fail, 2 is a fail, 3 is between success and failure, 4 is a success, 5 is resounding success, 6 means I get to figure out how the action could go horribly right. You can also suggest things for NPC's and enemies to do if you want, but they have resisted the twitch curse; they will only attempt at max the first four things suggested to them. To keep things from getting absolutely ridiculous, the maximum any creature can move in one turn (when time is of the essence, like in combat) is 5 character/tile/things. No amount of flooding movement suggestions can change this.

Ok, that's about the extent of the rules I'm going to lay down here.

Let's see if this goes anywhere at all.

(also yes, this is sort of a mix of an RTD and a suggestion game, but really that's because I'm new to GM'ing RTD's, and mostly that I'm lazy. This seemed easiest. I have no shame in this fact; I will not hide the truth.  :P )
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 09:23:04 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch: a first-time RTD
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:21:55 pm »

As the sun rises, a rooster can be heard crowing in the distance. It's the dawn of a new day, and you still can't stop feeling lucky that your family could get a clear glass window installed. Proper glassmaking supplies haven't been found but hundreds of miles from your house, and one trader happened to be desperate for some commerce. As you rise out of bed, you are giddy with excitement. Today is the day you embark on your epic quest.

Huh. The voices seem to have died down for now. That's nice. You expect this silence to last for well under a second.

===========
|8........[]
|@........|
|.........|
===========
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 11:39:38 pm »

Grow a parakeet leaf on your hindright elshoulder.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 12:42:49 am »

...Not sure what I was expecting.

Ah, what the heck. I'll post the first turn now, then let whatever happens build up for a couple days. This'll be fun.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:01:21 am by ironsnake345 »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 01:07:14 am »

[1]
Yep, there they are. About as random as ever, too. What even is a parakeet leaf, let alone an elshoulder? You fail miserably at growing a parakeet leaf on your hindright elshoulder, mainly because you haven't the foggiest clue what either of those things are, also because, coincidentally, parakeet leaves just don't grow on human flesh. You have made no progress towards the door out of your room. What other tomfoolery could the voices have in store?

All the tomfoolery ever conceived, that's what.

===========
|8........[]
|@........|
|.........|
===========

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 03:36:55 am »

Wake your family. Explain to them that they are in very great danger, and must leave at once.

And in no way do this
Put on pants.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:10:04 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 06:05:14 am »

Break-dance out of the house
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 06:15:02 am »

examine room so hard that something new appears from nowhere.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 08:36:43 am »

Put on pants.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 05:05:19 pm »

Take off Pants

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 09:31:04 pm »

Look through clear glass window.
Max avatar size is 80x80

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 02:36:01 am »

OK looks like it's just going to be a day then. I'm pretty sure I said something about the order in which actions are posted, but it looks like I'm going to have to impose some logical progression. Aint I a stinker?  Also, sorry about the whole no grid thing. I'm using my phone, and it's late, so that would be quite painful.

Quote from: Failbird105
examine room so hard that something new appears out of nowhere
[5]
 You strain your eyes And concentrate on the room  until suddenly, in the corner of the room, a generic sword appears. Awesome, you have a weapon now. You take it.
Quote from: Lordbrassroast
put on pants
[6]
 Hoisting the waistband up to your neck, you successfully equip of the biggest pair of pants in the house. Man, these things are easy to trip over!
Quote from: Griffinpup
take off pants
[1]
 OK, no, these pants were a bad idea. Unfortunately, you accidentally weld them to yourself in an attempt to take them off.
Quote from: Strawbarrel
look through clear glass window
[6]
 With a starry eyed look on your face, you gave through the clear glass window. Right at the sun. You are slightly blind now.
Quote from: Njw2000
wake your family explain to them they aren't very great danger and that you need to leave at once
Also don't put on the pants

[3]
[3]
 You succeed and waking everyone in the house by making it in a Normas ruckus. However, by the time they are awake, you were too flustered to explain anything about danger or having to leave.  Also, you failed to never wear the pants, do you succeed in retconning that you wore much smaller pants, and that they are no longer welded to yourself. You're now wearing regular pants.
Quote from: ziizo
  breakdance out of the house
[2]
 You attempt to break dance but slip and fall on your face. You then run out of the house and onto adventure before the embarrassment can take hold. Adventure awaits!

You are now standing outside of your house, in the middle of the human village you live in. Your neighbor is visible on the street; he seems to be trying to play some obscure dwarven instrument. What now?[/font]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 02:45:47 am by ironsnake345 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 03:55:43 am »

Dropkick instrument. Congratulate self.
One wheel short of a wagon

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile