Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you tired of the constant boredom hiatuses?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
I don't care enough about this forum game to be.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Roll to twitch turn 15: What are we gonna do tonight, brain?  (Read 25913 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch turn 14: putting the "minimal" in "minimalistic RTD"
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2016, 06:53:17 am »

Recharge magic....

Summon a patch of kudzu that grows aggressively.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 24, 2016, 06:57:25 am »

Best three out of five.  Also, spam throwing beam swords.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2016, 11:38:49 am »

Be Pikachu
1. Magically reveal that you are in fact, a lvl 2 Pidgey.
2. Kill Ash
3. Create a pokemon army
4. Take over the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2016, 01:12:04 pm »

statuses were not updated.
Statuses were updated. The meta-knight is now thundercharged, everyone healed properly, it all worked out.
Oh wait I forgot to remove Bardnir's ass-vacuum. Editing...
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2016, 12:43:13 pm »

Also, complain that a 6 doesn't mean you completely fail at your objective.  That's not how RTDs work.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch turn 15: What are we gonna do tonight, brain?
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2016, 09:22:43 pm »

Turn 15

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[auto 5] [trees: 4]
The chaotic bloodmage weaves ultimate power and casts a spell to revert time and begin the cycle anew! Everything plays out exactly as it has for another cycle, but by the time the adventure returns to the point at which the chaotic bloodmage asks for ultimate power, the GM refuses and instead says, "yeah I'm real happy for you and your time-bending shenanigans, but I'm-a have to let you wait on that until I can figure out a way to turn this into a stable time loop and keep the adventure going." In the end, all that accomplished was a load of flavor text and four more trees.

Recharge magic....

Summon a patch of kudzu that grows aggressively.
[3] [5] [trees:6]
You attempt another mantra to recharge your magic, but it fails! Resolving to well use your remaining 10%, you channel your magic to its greatest extend and conjure a patch of kudzu! Six more trees fall from the skies, one landing directly on top of the kudzu, but the vines quickly grow to cover the tree entirely! The Kudzu, no longer threatened, is still growing fast enough for the growth to be visible, but it is not growing at an extremely alarming rate. It would seem that the vines grow aggressively, when they are being aggressive. Oh, GM, why must you pun me so?

Best three out of five.  Also, spam throwing beam swords.
The Meta-knight refuses your rematch!
"You've already invoked best two of three, and I've already won best two of three. That's it, we're done, I win, there's no more smash-offs between us. Now grow up and learn to accept defeat."

Be Pikachu
1. Magically reveal that you are in fact, a lvl 2 Pidgey.
2. Kill Ash
3. Create a pokemon army
4. Take over the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are now pikachu.
[2]
Somehow, despite everything, it's still pikachu.
[2]
You attempt to murder Ash, but he survives, and runs too far away for you to chase him! Damn, that kid is fast.
[2]
You cannot create a pokemon army because there are no pokemon around to create an army of!
[6]
Angered by the excessive amount of twos, you unleash a legendary thunderbolt which destroys all the current world leaders in one fell swoop! Everyone is too terrified to fight back! The world is now ruled by an angry pikachu! Has the new final boss arisen?!?

Also, complain that a 6 doesn't mean you completely fail at your objective.  That's not how RTDs work.
You didn't fail completely. You actually did really freakin' well. You had the Meta-knight on the ropes and almost beat them, but the thing is that you were doing so good, in fact, that you got cocky and did something stupid, and that's all the Meta-knight needs to claim victory. Give an inch, they'll take a mile. That statement is as little a hyperbole as it'll ever be in this context.

Life:65%. Magic:0%. Manna:30% Inventory: pants, sword, fake arms, laptop. Companions: obedient werefrog, pile of mostly obedient eldritch horrors, spirit of an evil child. Status: normal. Location: my desktop.
You are sitting around awkwardly with the chaotic bloodmage and several creatures from beyond the fourth wall.
NPC stats:
Chaotic bloodmage: Health: 45% Magic: 10% Manna: 85%
Viznor the seer: Health: no reading. Magic: seemingly infinite. Manna: no reading. Injuries: Bruised fairly badly, mentally shaken.
Bardnir: Health: 107? Magic: 0? Manna: no reading. Status: dormant ass-vacuum.
Moznarx Hogroof: Health: seemingly immortal. Magic: You've lost track. Manna: no reading.
The meta-knight: Health: 100% Magic: 100% Manna: 100% Status: thundercharged
Angry Internet Troll: Health: 40% Magic 100% Manna: 100%
Pikachu: Health: 100% Magic: none Manna PP: 90%

The number five: Health: 5 Magic: 5 Manna 5 Status: oldtree
The field has grown a copse of 40 old growth trees. There's also a whole lot of cut lumber sitting around.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:32:18 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2016, 05:13:30 pm »

Be Pikachu:
1. Pika
2. Pika Pika
3. Pika Pika Pika
4. Pika Pika Pika Pika
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2016, 05:38:25 pm »

Turn 15

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[auto 5] [trees: 4]
The chaotic bloodmage weaves ultimate power and casts a spell to revert time and begin the cycle anew! Everything plays out exactly as it has for another cycle, but by the time the adventure returns to the point at which the chaotic bloodmage asks for ultimate power, the GM refuses and instead says, "yeah I'm real happy for you and your time-bending shenanigans, but I'm-a have to let you wait on that until I can figure out a way to turn this into a stable time loop and keep the adventure going." In the end, all that accomplished was a load of flavor text and four more trees.
That's not quite what I had in mind. I intended to send everyone back to the start of the adventure and play from there. oh well, maybe next time.
Chaotic bloodmage: Shrug it off and go back to enjoying tea, unless that pesky Pikachu tries to pull something.
BARDNIR!: find more cheese!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2016, 06:49:33 pm »

Be Pikachu:
1. Pika
2. Pika Pika
3. Pika Pika Pika
4. Pika Pika Pika Pika
The GM requests a translation.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2016, 06:54:30 pm »

Summon the ASCII grid back.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2016, 09:08:21 pm »

Become Doom Guy. Say things that Doom Guy says.

I've never actually played doom...
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2016, 09:17:46 pm »

Become Doom Guy. Say things that Doom Guy says.

I've never actually played doom...
This might be relevant to you, if you can stomach it then.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2016, 09:37:38 pm »

In-game, he says nothing, so, probably this action will result in you not saying anything (especially if it rolls a 6... Wait, would an overshot mean staying so close to canon that you remain silent, or actually saying some of those awful, corny lines? Paradox!) But if anything is said, expect it to be one of those quotes regarding the BFG 9,000

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 07, 2016, 10:01:06 pm »

Poll updated.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2016, 08:56:59 am »

Complain that that's still not how it works so annoyingly that the meta knight goes away.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15